Tfw no live action adaption of The Ultimated that is a satire of Bush administration America

>tfw no live action adaption of The Ultimated that is a satire of Bush administration America

It should be directed by Zack Snyder

You might actually be on to something, user.

>kinofags

Because it's poorly written and terribly one dimensional

No shit user, it's a Millar book. But Ultimates is loved because of how over-the-top it is. Millar is akin to James Cameron: both have big ideas that get tossed up by all the big action shit.

Except James Cameron's ideas tend to have heart and work. Except Avatar

If Millar were less of an edgelord he might be able to improve his writing quite a bit

Millar is Grant Morrison without the self-restraint

Marvel would never do this becayse they've built a brand, OP.
Marvel is recogbized by audiences as being fun lighthearted family entertainment. Ultimates is a comic that happens to be very rough around the edges. And this isn't a case like Fox and Logan. Disney is tightly close with the Marvel studios brand to normies. And the highly political content along with the asshole personalities of the team. The film does not lend itself to fucking toys or merchandise compared to MCU films.

>implying the faggots at modern cuck marvel would ever allow Ultimates to ever come to the silver screen let alone be reprinted

How has the MCU gone this long without a scene where Hulk tries to kill Captain America while screaming HULK NOT GAY

>panel for panel recreation of Ultimates with a handful of unnecessary changes, shoe-horned religious imagery, and constant ramping in the fight scenes
Not a bad idea, твн fαm.

You can squeeze all the religious stuff out of lunatic asylum patient thor

fuck off

Perfect!

you mean with talent

Both

I'm serious. Putting Zack Snyder on an adaptation of Millar's Ultimates is fitting.

Man this is one of those books that really shows that Millar can be good if he is restrained. Honestly I loved this and the follow up. it pains me that so many of the movies ape the look of the ultimate universe but ignore the interesting and provocative bits. Also purists may bitch but the Gah-lak-tus saga was great.

Justify it

It's mean to be a widescreen blockbuster movie done as a comic, duh.

>a satire of Bush administration
Why? It's too old for people to care about from a social standpoint, and not old enough for people to analyze from a historical standpoint.

No one remembers Bush. To the normal day for most, only Obama and Trump are remembered, unless something happens and someone brings up Nixon or Reagan

But someone could make an Ultimates film like Watchmen that takes place in 2002/2003. You'd need someone who wouldn't just make it a MUH 9/11 period piece

I've always thought of him as Morrison without the follow-through.

He has a very tarintino like attitude. Millar gets all energetic about his idea and burns out midway through writing it

yep, pretty much how I've always seen his work. He has a few exceptions though. Starlight took me by surprise.

It still amazes me to know that Millar is a devout catholic. Considering his edgelord writing you'd think he'd be a fedora-tipping atheist

>No one remembers Bush

Is that why people are going "man, I'd even take a third W. term over this current shit parade" all the time now?

outside of the first few books of ultimate spiderman, i cant think of a single redeeming factor of any of the ultimates books

they are all just godawful 3edgy5me crap

The ASM franchise tried to go ultimate but fucked it up horribly.
At least the X-men films are the only thing to not take from the Ultimate line