Why do people not like romance anymore...

Why do people not like romance anymore? Modern Disney movies that lack romance are usually praised specifically because they don't have romance. What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because we live in a world where shipping is prevalent. Romance destroys ships because it is set in place. Better to not have romsnce so that their prefered ship isn't ruined.

Were a generation of stunted adult-babies who never got any affection as kids and have incredibly twisted bitter views on romantic relationships as adults

Romance always ended up being the weak link of a film in a lot of people's head, so the best option was to dump it all.

The Jews are trying to destroy the family unit by telling us to not reproduce.

>2017
>caring about romance unless its LGBTQASDF+ pandering

too many lgbtqpa and feminists screaming about "heteronormative romances are bigoted/exploitative!"

Because if Judy and Nick shared an onscreen kiss it'd get a 14A.

Because love is a lie.

Except for the love between Byron and his husband. They've been together since Byron was a teenager.

Because many otherwise good movies were ruined or at least made worse by the forcing in of a completely unnecessary and often clumsy romance subplot. I think it's refreshing to see a film that doesn't have a hamfisted romance in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

WildeHopps4eva!

they captured it perfectly already, trying to recreate it would only belittle the moment. pic related.

Muh Independent woman mentality mostly.

The good news is, NOT having romance in a Disney movie will become cliche eventually and we'll go back to a nice balance of friendship and romance.

>14A
Die Canadian, m'kay.

Disney movies haven't had good romantic subplots since Lady and the Tramp. It's not the romance itself that's the problem, it's the execution.

Because everything involving romance is total garbage.
Every time I see lovey dovey retards in a movie all I can think of is "just say that you want to fuck and be done with boring me to tears"

Society is fucked up all to hell right now. It isn't even just the freaks screaming at you for being normal. Just look at guys like this. Damn near everyone is fucked in the head in one way or another, so we can't have nice things anymore.

>boring plodding shit that drags everything down is "nice things"
Just because you can self-insert and pretend that a boring fictional bitch loves you (because no one else does, anyway), doesn't mean it's a good or a normal thing.

It is not satisfying when it's just bullshit. Notice how many times cartoons tell the following message:

"Women are loyal, like you for who you are, don't care about how much money you make, and would take a bullet for you instead of cheaply replacing you with another cock to suck."

No wonder man boys grow up crushed by reality. It's amazing what a major disservice is done to boys by presenting women as everything they have never been.

These

Sometimes it feels like the romantic plot is there to pad the film for 30 minutes of time and gets in the way of the real plot. Bonus points for the main character only defeating the antagonist because he got in the way of his next lay rather than whatever nefarious plot they had cooked up. Double bonus points if the romantic partners only share 3 lines of dialog in the entire movie before deciding they're going to get married right before the credits roll.

This movie was actually quite romantic. The sexual tension was palpable.

NO IT WASNT. hollywood is by pedophiles and jews. disney does racemixing

Stop tryharding at being a coolguy Mc4channerino. Nobody is impressed

>Not liking the romance angle in Rescuers Down Under

The idea of men being friends with twats is bullshit. We all know that's not how humans work.

Women do not view men as friends, but as busybodies who will do free things for them, those are the "friendzone" guys. And no man worth his salt wants to be friends with a twat.

'Sup /r9k/?

Just because you can self-insert and pretend that a boring fictional bitch loves you (because no one else does, anyway), doesn't mean it's a good or a normal thing.

No. Just because you can act like stuff that portrays genuine relationships instead of the crap that society now tries to sell to people as being "romance" is "boring plodding shit that drags everything down reeeeeee"because you are a salty, assblasted retard, doesn't mean it's true, Reddit.

That movie's romance is entirely bullshit by Disney. In the books Miss Bianca rejects Bernard for being a poor lower class mouse while she is upper class wealthy. Disney made up bullshit to please beta males like you.

So now we have this unrealistic depiction of a rich pretty woman falling for a dumpy sort of chubby yet Nice Guy? Come on. This is why a lot of you cannot function. You were fed lies for decades about women and now cannot stand reality.

>in the books
No one cares about the books.

>genuine relationships
>I-It's not true ;_;
>LE LEDDIT XDD
You can stop embarrassing yourself, you self-inserting fuck

Well in this case the books are more accurate and the movie was silly tropes. Faggot. You really think a wealthy globetrotting heiress or whatever she was would look twice at a janitor under any circumstance?

Right movie, wrong scene.

This. They had an absolutely clear romance subplot. It just didn't steal screen time from the rest of the movie to portray a wooing process 100 years out of date. It's not gestures and dating, courting for weeks like Victorian elites.
It's two people growing to trust and value one another that finally goes over into sexual tension as they do what they do.
That's just more in line with reality.

>You can stop embarrassing yourself, you self-inserting fuck

I know for a fact that it's fake and it will never be real, you autistic manchild. but it seems that you can't stop projecting your insecurities onto other people in some desperate attempt to seem relevant, resorting to base drivel and insults in order to come off as someone more secure in your beliefs than you really are. Now fuck off.

They have better chemistry as friends. Also there's barely any F/F fanart and I don't want there to be less.

LOL at the asspained virginfag ITT.

He isn't wrong about women being garbage people, but he sure is salty as fuck about none of them wanting to fuck him.

Gay love is the only true love.

She could have at least waited until he hit puberty.

Enjoy your AIDS, faggot.

But it's much sexier the way it is already.

At least I get laid.

I think that's for mostly the otaku/anime crowd through the intention of the creators. You can still rake in the fujo bucks, and self-insert harems by keeping everyone 'pure'. Though some western cartoons are experiencing an overflow of the phenomena mostly caused by their fanbase's expectations rather than creator intention. Most recent example being the Voltron clusterfuck.

I think romance is one of the harder narrative elements to master. Sometimes character relationships can turn into a long fatigue filled PDA, which is why a lot of shows or movies take an easy route and play off the sexual tension until they finally get together at the end.

I'll be sure to remember that when you're slowly dying a horrible, painful death.

Wrong. Three reasons:

1) The men who write this romance shit don't know the first thing about how relations between the sexes work.

2) They do know, but they live in the denial so they present a totally idealized waifu bullshit.

3) They do know, but won't be permitted to showcase the ugly truth as it's not "politically correct" to show how disloyal, shallow, untrustworthy women are.

That is all you need to know.

Alternatively, they only get like 2 hours to tell the story so sometimes the romance has to cut to the chase.

>I-IT'S TRUE BECAUSE I SAID SO
Quality argument. You never even said anything intelligent and your excuse for an argument boils down to "I'M RIGHT AND U WRUNG HURR", so seeing you talk about "base drivel" is hilarious.
>projecting
Oh, look. A pseudo-intellectual armchair psychologist's go-to word! Just get cancer, man. No one would miss you.
> Now fuck off.
After I'm done fucking your whore of a mother, sure.

Maybe women wouldn't be so disgusted by you if you weren't such a shitty person and crybaby bitch?

>J-Just get cancer y-you pseudo-intellectual!!! YUR HURTING MUH FEE FEES WAHHHH!!!!

And this is why this board is such unredeemable shit, all because of this inane Reddit-tier diatribe that you spew out in a desperate attempt to seem like the better man. Come off your high-horse you mentally deficient manchild. If you want a show that appeals to your specific brand of cancer, go watch Sausage Party you cum-guzzling basement dweller.

Romance is a boring trope in kids movies

What happened to this thread?

Hollywood romance is awful but the real reason is probably

Because Hollywood has done romance so badly in so many movies that people have, understandably, started to prefer to leave it out entirely.

Romance isn't bad per se, but it has been forced into a lot of places where it had no real fucking reason to be, just because "well, we have two main characters of opposite sexes, clearly they must end up banging" was the basic assumption. But a lot of times people are there just to watch some adventures, and a romance with zero chemistry taking time away from that gets the audience rolling their eyes.

Hahaha do you really think shippers give a smidgen of a shit about what is canon? You don't visit those corners of the internet much, do you.

I like good, honest romance, but that shit's rare.

That and shippers have left a bad taste in my mouth. They infect threads like the plague. You can try and ask them to tone it down but they'll just call you a 'No Fun' fucker, then shitstorms like the Voltron fandom form out of Nowhere (aka Could be seen from a mile away but they couldn't see it from behind their massive boners).

Then those involved get reprimanded and they pretend like everything's all done and settled but SURPRISE, SURPRISE it happens again in another fandom, then another, then another, then another, then another

>inb4 lol just ignore it
That'd be easy if staff-fandom interaction weren't an issue and if these popular websites actually had fucking filters

Romance is hard to write

Because 99% of romance written in movies isn't believable whatsoever and just comes off as cliche and trite

What are some animated movies with good/believable romance?

>just comes off as cliche and trite
Honestly, I do not think romance can be done without it being somewhat cliche. It's been rehashed, unhashed, side-ways hashed, what have you for as long as media has been around. Nothing new can really be done without it being some surreal imitation of love.

romance in a movie or series that has no reason to include romance is shit

Romance is boring unless it's classic shit like Casablanca.

Modern romance stories are generally terrible and I'm glad when movies avoid it.

idk it's been bothering me too, not in disney movies but in lots of media for young people. i was thinking about asking like a 12 year old girl if love is still like important, there are some good candidates around here.

The only time romance ISN'T boring is in classic literature. Outside of that, it's the worst part of anything.

romance is boring only when the characters are boring.

Because they're usually not good or we'll developed when the story doesn't need it.

Fucking this. It was cute as hell and made the film a hell of a lot better than the first one.

If the romance isn't passionate and over the top, while also being a critical part of the story, it's pointless and shit. If it is those things it can be the most interesting plotline.

Because the romance subplots are often boring and unnecessary. People don't want to see that shit anymore.

because romance reminds people how shitty they are using apps like grindr and tindr