What are the chances something is announced at D23 next month, considering the lawsuit?

What are the chances something is announced at D23 next month, considering the lawsuit?

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/law/disney-slammed-zootopia-theft-lawsuit-total-recall-screenwriter-149552.html
documentcloud.org/documents/3521449-Zootopia.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>lawsuit
What happened?

I thought everyone knew.
cartoonbrew.com/law/disney-slammed-zootopia-theft-lawsuit-total-recall-screenwriter-149552.html

>considering the lawsuit
Are you talking about the one faggot that's suing with no evidence outside of "I pitched a buddy cop idea to Disney?"

I am more interested in Zoodystopia 3.

>in Goldman’s Zootopia, the anthropomorphic cartoon animal world is created by a human animator.
It's been done at least twice and both were flops.

Disney tried to get it thrown out, but judges refused.
Its ongoing.
I agree its retarded but would legal trouble like that make them less likely to announce they're doing more with Zootopia?

Scratch that, the only thing similar is they used funny animals in design. Nothing else matches.
They've agreed to let the case go, but that doesn't mean it has merit. Just means it's not so egregious that the judges are just throwing it out.

Even so, would the fact that the case is going forward, whether it has zero merit or just enough merit to be laughed at by everyone until judges rule in Disney's favor, stop them from announcing anything Zoot?

Possibly. Depends on how confident they feel internally. They may not announce anything but continue doing pre-prod oriented stuff.

I suppose everyone in here will claim Disney didn't rip from Kimba either...
Making perfect movies does not make oneself perfect.

Anyone catch that stream Byron did today?

Can anyone translate the moon runes?

Zero to none. Frozen is getting yet another short instead.

It's over, kids. Furries don't matter.

Kimba fags really need to get over it because the movies aren't all that alike except in some specific circumstances.

If you want a translation you have to go to the trash heap. They have a translator there.

I may try later.

he streams?

If he DID, it was certainly recorded.

Animal designs are pretty similar and the overall setting of the story seems similar.

Considering Disney's long record of "inspiration", it wouldn't surprise me. It's a company built on stealing other people's ideas and trying to pass them off as your own.

>nothing is alike except the things that are exact copies and ripoffs
what?

>there are still threads there
What
How

Dedication

Autism

They like drawing and writing stuff.

A lion standing on a rock, thats never happened in the world before

Even simba's VA thought it was Kimba adaptation

t. hasn't read the documents.
Zootopia is a straight up rip-off, it goes beyond concepts and copies specifics ideas and plot points. Disney deserves to get sued even though they'll win anyway.

Not everything is a ripoff, some things are just invented simultaneously.

Again, read the documents. Coincidences are one thing, but this is something different.
documentcloud.org/documents/3521449-Zootopia.html

Was it zootopia or Panda Express that got thrown out cuz of coloring book?