Titular character is voiced by the creator of the show

>titular character is voiced by the creator of the show

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r7LPtIcD8qI?t=46
jeffrowegifs.tumblr.com/post/90700109592/skyler-page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's wrong with that?

its self insertion

Not necessarily, and sometimes you just need to cut the budget, bro.

What about Archer and Bob's Burgers?

How's that bad? Pixar and modern Disney does it all the time with supporting roles. Not to mention Seth MacFarlane's shows have its leading males voiced by him.

So I don't why Uncle Grandpa or Clarence are offensive in comparison to the 3-4 main/major characters Seth voices in each of his shows.

>>titular character was voiced by the creator of the show but they had a mental breakdown and are now in an asylum

H John Benjamin isn't the creator of either of those.

>titular character's voice actress marries the creator of the show, later gets divorced, but continues working on the show for life

Holy shit didn't realize the situation with Clarence was this bad

I like mighty magiswords

>its self insertion

>What's wrong with that?

Creators just do it so they can add an extra 0 to their paycheck and get a SAG card, not because their voice fits the role or if they're even good at voice acting.

It's not just lawlsilly crazy, I mean coo coo banana straightjacket crazy.

>Creators just do it so they can add an extra 0 to their paycheck and get a SAG card
Why do you even care about that?

I think the real reason Detective Conan will go on forever without a conclusion is for the author to get back at his wife for making her voice the character for the rest of her life until she or himself will croak.

Whoa, what's the story behind this?

>side character is voiced by one of the writers on the show and he writes about being in a relationship with his waifu and no one at the studio blinks an eye because you convinced them that it's just a funny joke

god i wish that were me

But Adam Reed voices a lot of the characters. Hell, he was half the cast in Frisky Dingo, and Mike Judge voices half of his own characters.

Jake "the ginger mincer" Goldman

>show creator voices joke character

>you will never canonically fuck your waifu on tv
why even live?

Why do you hate King of the Hill so much?

>Show's creator voices a good number of the cast

Do you know what titular means?

>Creator of the show voices the main character
>Gets lazy and quits half way through and has someone replace him while he continues to run the show

does seth get extra pay per voice?

kinda like how besides being the owner, vince mcmahon got extra pay as a "performer" during the times he wrestled.

It's not always bad, user.

STIMPY

QUEET SHEETPOSTING ON Sup Forums AND GET ME MY DARN DINNER

But how many shows like that are there?

>titular character is voiced by the creator of the show who basically plays himself

Rick and Morty
Family Guy
South Park
Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast

Ok OP, tell me what the fuck you have against The Misadventures of Flapjack

I surprised Flapjack was his first voice role. I'm even more surprised that Paul Reubens was originally planned to voice him.

fuck you, i love it when that happens.
mention me an example where the creators voice doesnt fit

that episode was funny and depressing at the same time. specially if you know about her wife´s suicide.

nothing wrong with a helpful finger while you jerk off

You stupid shit head.

>its self insertion
you must be a special kind of stupid

Hey, Life with Louie wasn't that bad.

How dare you talk that way about Freakazoid

Miles?

The creator of Clarence is seriously mentally ill and had a complete breakdown shortly after the show started and was admitted to an mental ward.

The Japaneses are so autistic about voice actors
>Goku is voiced by an adult woman because he is a little kid
>Goku grows up, but it would be dishonorable to have a new voice actor so the adult woman continues to voice an adult man
>Goku has a young son and the have the same adult woman voice him
>Gokus son grows up and the same woman continues to voice him, giving the same nearly identical voices

Holy shit that's so funny to me.

Are Kid Goku and Gohan played by the same English actor, the one who's currently on OK K.O.?

yes, however kid gohan's voice was replaced with someone else for the dubbing of kai

It's even funnier when you actually hear them have a conversation or, god forbid, fight eachother

DADADADADADADADADADADADA WA
WA
DADADADADADADADADADADA

youtu.be/r7LPtIcD8qI?t=46

Masako-san also voices Goten, Black, and Turles.

> Joe Murray lost a wife to suicide.

Holy shit

You must despise South Park then

source? oh right, there is none.

I can't watch this shit with a straight face. Japanese work standards in animation are so fucking abhorrent and dumb but then shit like this happens.

you said insertion

Didn't the Japanese VA for King Kai die and there's a new one? I feel bad for saying this but he was so bad during the movies. He had no range and even his yelling was just him talking normally.

What shows do this?
South Park
King of the Hill
Clarence
KotH is great, South Park had it's moments, Clarence is alright.
What else?

Is that inherently a bad thing?

uncle grandpa, beavis n butthead, flapjack

rick and morty

>Titular character is voiced by the show's creator
>He's actually a really great VA and fits the character perfectly

Regular Show

Only if the audience can't sympathize.

imagine being so angry you wrote the word HATE on your teeth

small-time.

I fucking hate people like you

Jake "you love who i tell you to love" Goldman

jeffrowegifs.tumblr.com/post/90700109592/skyler-page

ehehehehehe

Don't think so, I'm not to sure as to how this works in cases such as this. I know it's the case for other voice actors who do more than three roles at a time, but MacFarlane's also the show's creator and a former writer, so that makes it harder to pinpoint exactly.

If your concern is "self insertion", then your problem should be with the show's creator voicing the lead, not the name of the show. Either way, there's nothing wrong with it as long as the performance is good, and both Reed and Judge do very good jobs.

Also Frisky Dingo, King of the Hill, and Beavis and Butt-Head

Can't even watch the DB Super subs because it just sounds so wrong to hear that coming out of Goku's mouth.

Stephanie Nadolny, yes.

I had to pause twice just to laugh, do people really think this is good?

Depends on whether or not you consider weebs "people".

I love Masako Nozawa (mostly for Guilmon) but she is better for young boys rather than bulky men

and people who like this shit on freezas female voice actor even though in his case, it actually fits his theme

Or
>Creator of the show voices the main character
>Can't stop groping his female coworkers, gets replaced and booted from his show

This is one of my favorite instances.

Brendon Small is another good example.

>self insertion