Is Riri Williams the most unlikable and badly written female Marvel character ever...

Is Riri Williams the most unlikable and badly written female Marvel character ever? Or does that slot still belong to Ms. Marvel?

the bendis copy pasting frames triggers me even more

since this is literally the 5th Riri hate thread I've seen in 2 days I'm starting to think you are some snowflake with an agenda.

In fact even though I don't read any Marvel comics I'll say she is a great character just to spite you

Watch closely now. This is how it happens.

This is how we manufacture contrarianism.

So OP is a Marvel intern all along?

lol you said slot

>hmm a lot of people badmouth bad thing
>they must be following an agenda
it's amusing how some people try to out-tumblr one another on here

op is this real

she is Just bland and with no charisma,as any shake n bake sjw character

In real life she'd have been sent to the principal's office by panel 3 at the latest for being disruptive. A history of that behavior would mean no matter how gifted she was she'd never get admitted to a university, and her attitude and intellect would ostracize her from her peer group.

Riri should be a villain, not a hero. But this is Bendis so it's okay to be fucking stupid.

That slot is Sally floyds

Yes and It makes me want to commit sudoku. An unrealistic 6 year old who asked her teacher to oppress her is the new Tony Stark.

Seriously, what is her real name. Like Tony Stark is Anthony Stark. What is Riri's actual name

Riri Williams.

I still don't understand this scene. What is even Bendis thinking when he wrote this? It just makes Riri almost like a villain

Now I'm going back to Ms Marvel because at least that book actually does make more sense

>The reason she is a hero is for selfish reasons
>Her name is Iron Heart implying a cold/hardened heart.
>Narcissistic and believes the world revolves around her.

How the fuck is she not a villain?

>I want to be *thing*
>cool
>no waiit why aren't you being raciissstttt to meeeeeeee

Wha the fuck?

The thing that pisses me off about this scene is it's THREE PAGES for one gag. A decent writer would have gotten the joke across in 1-2 panels.

I don't understand either. She just sucks

Personally it would have make a slight more sense of the kids are the one that teased her about it. The teacher was okay with her choice and I see no problem with this, but she is begging for it and I con't understand why? It's like she's feeding her own ego

Narcissistic is now a super power

Riri is a bastardization of "ree ree", which is short for "Retard", ask any gentleman of Sub-Saharan descent.
Therefore, her full name is "Retard Williams"

He wrote the truth by mistake and no-one in editorial caught it because the only job editors have on Bendis' series is to correct the typos.

>joke that subverts expectations in current political climate
>W-WHAT THE FUCK??? I DON'T GET IT BUT IS SHE JUST A STUPID BITCH??? FUCKER NIGGER CUNT REEEEE
Really now, fuck summer.

Sudoko? The game?

This

the fucking cunt

>Teacher reacts like an actual normal human being
>Riri acts like a complete SJW psycho
What if Bendis did this intentionally to showcase how bad SJW Marvel behavior is?
Because I can't imagine him going "Oh yeah, this is how grade A current year woke as fuck lgtbbq or whatever super hero acts"

I can't tell who's being retarded, or if it's some sort of 'tard off. What I DO know is that none of these fuckers have anything on 'Chavez.

This is just some dumb edit.
Post the CANON page where Cap smacks her bullshit down.

>what do you mean i'm not oppressed
>i printed out and brought this picture of the first black chick astronaut for nothing?
>ink's not fucking cheap you hag

>somehow worse than Carol "my adult son time traveled into the past and rape me then i gave birth to him" aka "its ok for me to murder people because i have a vagina" aka "i've done more damage to my friends than I have to any villain" Danvers

>somehow worse than Jessica "i have parent issues so I'm going to impregnate myself, give birth to a baby who I have no idea who the father is then constantly dump the baby on someone else " Spider-Woman Drew

>somehow worse than Bobbi "I cheated on my husband then murdered the guy so I would be found out." Mockingbird Morse

>somehow worse than "I constantly cuck my husband and sleep around with other men in front of my entire fucking kingdom" Medusa

>somehow worse than Jean "so fucking awful that all you need to do is say her name" Grey

>somehow worse than Felicia "i got punched in the mouth for stealing something so now i'm going to be a villian" aka "i got raped in college so that's why I run around in a skintight body suit with my tits out and fuck masked men in public" Hardy

Do you even read comic books, faggot?

Pretty sure everyone's pissed about it because this is supposed to be her "Uncle Ben was Murdered and It's My Fault!" scene. You know, the actual reason the superhero wants to protect people and doesn't just become a cop or join the army?

Maybe she'll turn into an anti-hero/anti-villain.

>Pretty sure everyone's pissed about it because this is supposed to be her "Uncle Ben was Murdered and It's My Fault!" scene.

oh, I thought that was the part where her best friend and dad got gunned down in front of her by gangbangers during a drive by.

nice job on not actually reading and just making shit up.

I've noticed this recent trend of attempting to co-opt the term "snowflake" into meaning something completely different from its intended, original meaning. Is this a Tumblr thing?

Reminder that Bendis couldn't even get her picture right and didn't even feel the need to give her name in the comic itself.

That was a question, not a statement. Plus I mostly meant her backstory. But you have a point.

Why is it so hard for Marvel to make a female hero likable?

sadly marvel doesnt understand their chars anymore

most likely its young people who arent very familiar with the interwebs counter-culture thing and they misuse terms because they dont know the context

Nah, I think Chavez holds that title

SJWvengers when?
>Carol Danvers
>Riri Williams
>Kamala
>Lunafelle
>Chavez
Maybe it could even have a guest star like Mockingbird

mockingbird is officially hydra/nazi right now so i guess Spencer """"""""saved""""""" her

it's meme counter terrorism 101. use it until it has no meaning

Because Marvel has a strong case of
>a woman can only competent and "powerful/empowering" if she's a bitch who borders the line on or crosses over to full sociopathy

That's a common issue with female characters that many writers have, but marvelfolk have it really strong.

Damn look at those nigger lips

Diversity & Comics been spamming riri rant videos

In a way, it's one of the most insulting practices in fiction.

Wherein, a Woman cannot be explored in the many roles a man could with no-one blinking, because an author can write without worry of a committee lynch mob coming in to ask why they hate women because of the portrayal or role of a fictional character.
Instead, it's the STRONG, INDEPENDENT WOMYN template that is just completely warped and broken. If you have to remind your audience you are these things, chances are you aren't and are insecure.

I heard that in recent reprints they replaced "MySpace" with "Twitter." Anyone know if that's true?

spidergwen deserves worst marvel lady by virtue of being a stale piece of toast

she was born to suck dick

Its not just in fiction. Its considered offensive to say that women dont go into STEM as much as men because they simply dont like it. Its considered offensive to say women dont have the exact same taste in entertainment as men, etc

Fiction writing just reflects that, and the result are these horrible characters

Whor?

Wew the tumblr is strong here

And you see? this is exactly why Wonder Woman succeeded. Female heroes should just be strong, experienced, have flaws, and be admirable.

Yeah but she's hot though.

As bad as Whor is, she had been around for a long time and has some legit claim to be at least a prominent char in the MU.

Riri is bad because even when marvel had the chance to actually build the char right from the ground up, without needing to pay heed to any continuity hang ups or pre-established backstory, they just fumbled it in the most bizarre way.

You can take the most generic origin story (ms marvel, miles morales) that pretty much copypastes elements from Campbell's Hero's Journey and follows them to a fault, and you get something ten times better than riri's.

>Victim complex has become a fixed recognizable personality trait.
Sometimes I hate this fucking future we all occupy.

This. I agree with most of his points tho; Riri comics are genuinely terrible and serve as a slap to the face to any Ironm̶a̶n̶

So you can't even tell the truth so you can fix the problem and make it a reality? Instead it's better to not mention the truth at all and pretend it's real?

For them your idea of the truth is a result of the system that your people have used to opress them. So its invalid.

When you hear people to just listen, but that you cant argue with them because their grievances dont apply to you because of your privilege.

I still can't believe this is real. It pained me to even speed read this garbage.

Bendis doesn't know how to write good characters

>Being a contrarian for its own sake
The only special snowflake here is you, user. Considering that you're taking the opposite view of a subject you have no knowledge about just to spite someone you don't know personally, instead of just ignoring it like most people.

you clearly haven't been on Sup Forums that often, being contrarian for its own sake there is extremely popular and a lot of Sup Forums shitposters come from there.

That poor old teacher looks so fucking done with this shit.

So basically they live in denial pretending that they have accomplished their mission and dealing with stragglers instead of actually fixing the problem?

No, that would be Gewnpool. Riri is not that bad, people just do not like strong characters who seem able to be able to do it all. It gets old and tiresome. Good characters have flaws and need to develop.A character who can do it all and who can always overcome whatever is thrown at them is perhaps the worst thing in comics, especially when it involves new characters. Reason why I think the only 'legacy' character I enjoy is Viv (Awesome Hulk is good to some extent as well).