Marvel Retailer Conference Call - Legacy A Stopgap Before The Next Relaunch?

>Marvel Legacy is the new promotion and not-a-relaunch from Marvel Comics that intends to revive certain classic aspects of Marvel Comics alongside the newer versions.
>Marvel’s superhero comics will also regain their classic numbering, adding up all the different relaunched volumes to create the final figure.
>Generations comics may spin out of Secret Empire but will be one-offs without impacting continuity but may work as perennials to introduce the audience to certain characters.
>They are no longer going to be creating storylines with superheroes fighting each other.
>Marvel Legacy renumbering across the range of titles is something akin to a stopgap, and that there will be an actual proper relaunch to come. I would expect new issue ones across the board.
Other than the "no more heroes fighting heroes thing," which I don't trust Marvel at all to stay with for a long period, Legacy continues to sound like complete fucking garbage. The fact that this is likely just another promo to hit certain milestone numbers before the next round of #1s instead of a new status quo and company mantra like Rebirth was is fucking bullishit. It's also apparent they're STILL going to be pushing the replacements but this time with the help of the originals. I can't believe every new piece of information about Legacy somehow gets worse.

bleedingcool.com/2017/06/29/marvel-legacy-a-stopgap-before-the-next-relaunch-comicspro-retailer-conference-call-breaks-out/

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/06/29/marvels-tom-brevoort-announces-hes-quitting-twitter-will-relaunch/
bleedingcool.com/2017/03/06/logan-x-men-comics-artwork-joe-quesada/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Marvel Comics that intends to revive certain classic aspects of Marvel Comics alongside the newer versions.

So a clusterfuck?

>>They are no longer going to be creating storylines with superheroes fighting each other.
Biggest piece of bullshit

Honestly the only way they could salvage things would be to make this an event that shunts all the replacements into their own MC2 style future universe and then use that as a proving ground for which ones to keep.

But they won't because that'd mean having to admit some of them are failures.

This. Either reboot the universe entirely and cut out all the bullshit, or create a new Ultimates universe that's MCU-esque where creators can play around with OCs and new ideas.

I read words but I understood nothing

>here will be an actual proper relaunch to come. I would expect new issue ones across the board.
HOUSE OF IDEAS

Yeah they literally had an X-Men Blue vs Gold cover and Champions vs Avengers

>They are no longer going to be creating storylines with superheroes fighting each other

Marvel is gonna break this promise within 5 months after Legacy launches. Screenshot this post.

If they don't I'll divorce my wife

We need four "universes"/imprints
>Diversityverse: Home of diversity legacies
>Classicverse: Home of classic heroes
>Alterniverse: What Ifs and AU
>Adventureverse: Marvel Adventures 2.0

Legacy itself includes multiple heroes vs heroes stories.

Carol looks like a boy.

>Legacy will be the announcement that will break the internet, guys!
>Actually is the promotion of the next thing that will break the internet, guys!
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, eat shit and die.

FOR. FUCKS. SAKE.

So Legacy is just a small band aid between relaunches. A bunch of covers and old numbers to say REMEMBER STUFF YOU LIKE! and then right back into a relaunch with new #1's.

Alonso needs to be fucking fired. His idea's of innovation are fucking terrible.

This is such a retarded idea, I'm surprised Marvel hasn't offered you a job. Just makes everything unnecessary more complicated.
They need to keep the 616 (or whatever they call their main universe now) but put a higher bar in quality. Have a line aimed at kids, like Marvel Adventures still try to keep some semblance of quality but it has to be more accessible and therefore they will get their MCU synergy some suits are sure to like.
If you really want to hire any bum with a webcomic or a shitty novel for teens, bring back have a book like DC's Showcase (I know Marvel did have an equivalent but I don't remember the name) I'm not going to pay 5 dollars a month for a no name writer making fan fiction. Make it 5 short fan fics in one book and I might consider it.

bleedingcool.com/2017/06/29/marvels-tom-brevoort-announces-hes-quitting-twitter-will-relaunch/

"I think my time on Twitter is coming to an end. There's simply no conversation to be had here anymore, just anger & fodder for clickbait."

>reset titles back to their original numbering only to reset them all back to #1 shortly after
This fucking company.

>A bunch of covers and old numbers to say REMEMBER STUFF YOU LIKE! and then right back into a relaunch with new #1's.
Legacy basically is "Remember when we were good?" The Event.

LOL This is exactly like Spencer when he complained about there being too many confrontational Twitter assholes when he's one of them.

This reminds me: Some dude who hates Digimon in a podcast I was listening to actually expresses a like for Moon Girl's book. He doesn't seem like a virtue signal kind of guy, so does that mean she is only shit in her crossover appearances?

>They are no longer going to be creating storylines with superheroes fighting each other.
Let's see how long this lasts, I mean remember Heroic Age?

>bred a culture of anger and clickbait for sales
>surprised it backfired against him

are you such an autistic nigger that you're comparing liking digimon to liking moon girl?

of course she's total shit in every appearance

So it's stopgap relaunch that leads to another relaunch? Isn't rapid fire relaunches what's killing any interest in books? Isn't this just the fastest issue number reset they're going to have?

Her book's popular with kids. The problem is that Marvel insists on selling single issues in the direct market.

>Isn't rapid fire relaunches what's killing any interest in books?
Thankfully Legacy is +90% of the same books with the same creative teams. So really, the only pressure is going to be on retailers who have to figure out how many to order because of the combination of hypothetical #1 bump, weak sales of all current books and overall high Marvel reader apathy for the company.

A Marvel-shilling retailer seems upset that the details of the call were leaked to Rich.

No, I put them at opposite positions based on how he doesn't like Digimon but likes Moon Girl.

So... what? He basically confirmed that Legacy is just another event before the next relaunch? What the fuck?!

Marvel doesn't take retailers seriously because retailers tell readers what Marvel tells them?

I know Rich is a shithead, but he's really just cutting out the middle man here.

there has already been x-men gold vs blue and avengers vs champions storylines announced. unless those take place before Legacy. at least with Heroic Age we got about 5 months of heroes getting along

>Calls himself Lord Retail
> Fedora hat avatar
>Demands to be taken seriously

this faggot needs to be fired. and unlike hannity I legitimately hate calling for people to be fired. but all of the top brass at Marvel are not just incompetently but so outwardly vitriolic towards their fan base and then shocked when it slaps them in the fucking face.

The motherfucker who kept claiming that pissing people off made for better sales, can't handle all the of the people that he pissed off.

>hates digimon
>likes moon girl

Sounds like the biggest retard alive

Marvel's really changing the face of the industry with this one, you can really tell why they are the premiere name in fiction.

Her solo is okay.

Not particularly good, but infinitely better than her appearances elsewhere.
Why Marvel insists on pushing an all-ages character throughout the entire MU is beyond me.

This shit is so getting out of hands and I don't even know how Ike is actually allowing this. Shouldn't he really set these faggots straight? He's probably losing a lot of money. Disney can't even swoop in to salvage this mess, not that they'd want to.

What the fuck did Tom "let's intentionally piss off fans to boost sales" Brevoort think was going to happen? He deserves all the hate he gets for actively creating the environment he's bitching about now.

If you can't take the heat, stop setting your house on fire.

so where is Joe Quesada in all of this? is he not involved in the comics anymore?

this. heroes fighting each other is marvel's fucking staple, whether they like it or not. maybe if they actually cultivated the creation of good new villains, they wouldn't need to have heroes constantly fighting

alonso cant be fired because the second he is gone, you know they are gonna usher bendis to take him over

You know what. Fuck it. Let them. At least that keeps his ass away from writing books. I just need some kind of shakeup at this point.

honestly i think he might do a better job. alonso is too controlled by his diversity czar of a wife.

He also has an obsession with variant covers and relaunches.

He hasn't been directly involved in the comics since six years ago, remember? He got a different position and Axel got promoted to EIC.

tl;dr they've learned nothing

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed but this is still pretty fucking sad.

So when it comes down to it the only way for Marvel to save itself is if the MCU completely collapses and they somehow separate from Disney

i just looking at his current role. he's CCO of Marvel, same as Geoff Johns for DC. he oversees several entertainment divisions of Marvel. as someone in that position it's well past time he intervened in the comics division of Marvel.

It doesn't matter, Bendis already said he has no intentions of being an editor

He likes to write and he needs to learn other shit to be an editor which he doesn't want to.

Quesada is a less likable and more incompetent Johns, yes.

Except he has no say in his company's movie division.

At least Geoff has experience since he worked with Donner.

RIP Sentinel & Juston

ol' Quesadilla seems like he's had a lot of time of his hands since he stepped down as EIC and took this CCO position. i can't think of one thing he's done since 2011 aside from drawing a luke cage poster for the tv show, and maybe a doing a random cover or two. he's literally getting paid to do a Cup o' Joe panel once a year at Comicon

I wouldn't be surprised they killed them off because of Fox

He drew the fake comics in Logan.

Was it him? I thought it was Dan Panosian.

holy shit, that's probably the most art he's produced in 20 years!

>Relaunches after relaunches
>Events that "change everything forever" after events that "change everything forever"
>Renumberings after renumberings
>And now "stopgaps" that bring back old numbers while adding renumbered numbers back to them before a new renumbering

I can't follow any of that shit, and frankly, I don't care much about it either.

He inked and colored them, but the pencils were all Joey Q bleedingcool.com/2017/03/06/logan-x-men-comics-artwork-joe-quesada/

They wouldn't call Diversityverse that (Probably something to play off the "All New, All Different" branding). What If should just be a regular title again, with absurd shit tossed onto the page every month. Marvel Adventures should have become digest books to sell in checkout lanes, but the need for a bunch of books without overbearing continuity, aimed at younger readers is huge.

Marvel doesnt know what made them popular, all they know is advertising gimmicks now.

Fuck you for reminding me.

Gentleman, how do we make Marvel worse?

>Neo-Ultimates Universe, only this time instead of everyone being complete fucking assholes everyone is queer, female, non-white, or all of the above.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad. At least we'd finally be able to see some concrete numbers regarding how popular these trends actually are.

vintage lol

>>They are no longer going to be creating storylines with superheroes fighting each other.

>decades of banter and making fun of DC
>cries foul and runs off with tail between his legs after barely 1 year of getting back what he dished
what a bitch

Honestly may be on to something. DC has a mainline and a kidsline and does AU stuff (Injustice, Multiverse stuff, Batman '66).

I would change it to:

Mainline
Ultimate (basically use USM as a framework and then goes forth with changing things like Miles being Spider-Man. Riri being Tony Stark's replacement can also work here if you need to do that. It beats having endless world-destroying shit.)
Marvel Adventures (where the Scholastic stuff can go. On top of that you can revive the other stuff from the previous Marvel Adventures comics.)
Then you just do What Ifs or whatever with the Multiverse but limit it to one-shots and miniseries.

False, it's clear that Amanat will be the new EIC.

>decades of banter and making fun of DC

Oh I remember one of them.

I have no idea what the hell Marvel's doing.

Apparently they're changing the face of the comics industry, or at least that's what they've been saying that they're doing.

Hell look at secret empire. Marvel straight up promised there would be no hero vs hero in it right before it launched.

Check it out. I fixed everything.

It's going to be crap, this is going to be done by the same fucking writers who wrote, "all new and all different" good writers so working in DC at the moment

nobody does, including Marvel

>ITT, with a sigh of relief and frustration, user decide to strip the plates and leave it on the highway.
i aint even mad.

MAKE MINE MARVEL
A
K
E

M
I
N
E

M
A
R