I know that Earth-3 was destroyed...

I know that Earth-3 was destroyed, but is there a single person on here that wouldn't be at least intrigued by a monthly that explores the times and adventures of the Crime Syndicate?

Injustice?

Yes, but only if it's NOT Johns' Crime Syndicate.

The Anti-Matter Syndicate is better and hell yes I would read the shit out of their book.

Atomica and Grid were decent additions

I think it was not destroyed in the sense of "exploded" or "erased by antimatter", it still exist just in ruins give it some time without the new antimonitor and it should go back to what it used to be

Not really. Atomica was only there because Johns wanted a twist and Grid was only there because MUH CYBORG NEEDS AN EVIL COUNTERPART TOO.

That Crime Syndicate was, on the whole, pretty goddamn shit.

Would this guy get to come back?

Fuck yeah I would. Superwoman teasing Jimmy Olsen to madness, Ultraman constantly trying to get the drop on Owlman, Owlman's daily schedule of fucking up the GPD, and Johnny shooting up on a skyscraper.

If this was a cartoon, it would be called Super Dicks.

Don't forget Power Ring trying to deal with the crazy voice in his head.

See, this is why Morrison's Syndicate is the best.

Just like you opinion.

'Sup, Johns.

Since this is a Crime Syndicate thread I need to ask. Is Forever Evil a good read? I'm a newer DC fan. I joined with Rebirth after I stopped buying Marvel. I'm very interested in the team. Is it hard to understand? Also any Sup Forums recommendations for the Crime Syndicate? Thanks!

I strongly strongly want one especially if Superwoman is properly sexualized.
Agreed on Atomica.
>That Crime Syndicate was, on the whole, pretty goddamn shit.
They were explored vastly times more then previous incarnations.
Hopefully.
>Is Forever Evil a good read?
Trinity War that lead into it was damn good, the main FE event was decent but the Justice League tie in issues were the real treat as the explored the Syndicate notably.

>They were explored vastly times more then previous incarnations.
Who cares if the concept behind the characters is shit? Morrison's CSA still blows Johns' out of the water.

what would his equivalent be?

Salvationday, one of Luthor's experiments created to kill Ultraman.

The one-shot of Ultraman's origin is one of my favorite comics that Geoff Johns has written. I love it so much.

Forever Evil is solid stuff, it's where New 52 stopped being shit.
Read Morrison's Earth-2, it deals with the same characters, but with Morrison it deals with the nature of the concepts behind them as opposed to Johns playing with his action figures.

I just want to see the good guys of Earth 3.
That was John's biggest mistake, making it a universe where everyone is corrupt and evil, not a mirror universe with the Jokester trolling Owlman and keeping hope alive in Gotham.

How is the concept different?

>it's where New 52 stopped being shit.
All of Aquaman up to that point had been great including Throne of Atlantis.

I know that there were a handful of good stories, like Animal Man and Swamp Thing that I still need to get around to, but Forever Evil is where it found it's footing.

Action Comics, Demon Knights and Frankenstein were pretty great. All-Star Western, too.

lazy name man, why not "Judgemen Day" or like "Genesis"
or scrap that alltogether, have him be like "Thorned guardian" or summin

I like 'Day of Reckoning.' It appeals to Lex' grandiosity.

Yeah but ya can't just call him that in casual conversation
"DoR" seems weird as well

The problem with this idea is the Earth 3 concept breaks down when you try to flesh it out into a real, logically consistent universe. For instance, How could half of GL's rogues gallery (Sinestro, Red Lanterns, the Manhunters, Parallax, etc) have E3 counterparts when their existence is tied to the Green Lantern Corp, when has no counterpart on Earth 3.

owlman is based

so how is this going to work? they are going to be constantly evil or are they going to eventually soften

>so how is this going to work? they are going to be constantly evil or are they going to eventually soften
Story tellers often struggle with writing characters who are suppose to be "evil". The realisation is that even evil bastards are not evil ALL the time, they are only evil when it is beneficial.

This reminds me of Star Wars canon that have the Empire deliberately serving bad food to troops, and also deliberately use unsustainable farming practices that doesn't use fertiliser, so entire planets become barren. That is what I mean by
"being evil to the point of stupidity".

Constantly evil dude. That's the whole appeal.

Screw that, I want a book about E-3 Suicide Squad. Heroes forced to do jobs the Crime Syndicat finds too small, or too risky.

You could ignore Johns' creations and go with classic GL rogues: Sonar, The Shark, Polaris, Gold face, Black Hand, Hector Hammond, The Weaponers, The Tattooed Man, maybe even spruce up some more minor ones like Javelin, Myrwhydden and that hobo who could control Green Lantern's ring with his willpower.

Sinestro could be a power ring addict who was dropped by Volthoom, and now lusts to get it back.

>The problem with this idea is the Earth 3 concept breaks down when you try to flesh it out into a real, logically consistent universe

That applies to capeshit in general. You just have to lay out some ground rules to keep it simple and enforce creativity so that you can't just take a character, reverse the alignment and then be done with it.

You want Red Lantern(s) on E3? Then you have to create a Earth based character who would create a device that somehow mimics Power Ring's powers and something went wrong and the new red is red, glitchy as fuck, and you puke red acid blood and using the ring is slowly killing you. If you want to go really weird with it, when they tried to siphon Power Ring's power signature but tapped into the Red instead and now the Red Lantern is like a weird mix of Animal Man and Red Lantern.

The answer's staring you right in the face. Just call him Reckoning. It has a certain flare to it by itself.

If you want to go really weird with it, when they tried to siphon Power Ring's power signature but tapped into the Red instead and now the Red Lantern is like a weird mix of Animal Man and Red Lantern.

That sounds awesome, actually. See? All it needed was a little more thought put into it.

You could probably do something with the fact that the entity inside E3 Power Ring is split off from the Volthoom who could later control the entire emotional spectrum

Like after the current storyline where Baz and Jessica team up with the original 7 GLs, have Volthoom get locked up in a recreated E-3 Power Ring and he pulls a Larfleeze and empowers all of the souls of the previous Power Rings to be his Corps