Sup Forums Recommendations pics

Let's gather together all these pics we have with recommendations lists. Sup Forums related only, of course.

FF 84-87 is the best FF/Doom story.

And that's all I have for now. Looking forward to seeing more.

Maybe a few other people will see something they don't have yet but find interesting. Let's make a Sup Forums where Sup Forums actually reads comics.

>Identity Crisis
>Reign in Hell
>Justice League Dark
John Venus needs to reevaluate his life.
Also add that Zatanna/Black Canary story.

I updated this one myself to add Earth One and True Amazon, but I still consider it pretty outdated

nice

is there one for all the cosmic stuff marvel was chugging out in the 70's with starlin and englehart at the helm?

I have this one. I'd avoid the Celestial Madonna, it is kind of shit on every level.
If you like 70's stuff in general, though, read Master of Kung Fu, it's badass.

thanks

You're doing good work, WW might be the biggest character (part of the DC Trinity after all) that I can't find a single person, even a comic book fan to give me the name of an iconic arc of. Something like a Long Halloween or a Annihilation or a Coyote Gospel or even the winter soldier.

The closest I'll get is Hiketeia or a serious mention of that time she worked in fast food.

Forgot oddly specific guide

Its the guide I was using until I decided to really read DC from the beginning, starting with a few golden age issues before speeding to COIE, but I cannot heavily recommend the Batman stuff it gives you, especially The Cult or the Batmanga

While she doesn't have many completely self-contained OGN-sized story arcs, I think she makes up for it with one of the most consistently good solo comics out there.

I think she's similar to Thor, Hulk, Flash, and Green Lantern in that her best stuff are long runs from a single writer/artist with lots of overarching story.

That said, I think True Amazon and the recent Year One are the closest to being the kind of OGNs you can hand to someone who's never read a comic before and they'll fully enjoy it as you can get. I recently read The Once and Future Story by Trina Robbins and it was also very good, but it's been essentially forgotten.

Earth One was GARBAGE.

These newfags are so helplessly clueless that you could make an image listing all of the WORST comic runs and they would seek them out and read them and pretend it was good

Let me guess, you like Rucka's WW.

th-that's it?

Where the fuck is Thunderworld and Convergence?

>Last Updated: 7/27/2013

If anything, someone who disliked Earth One would also dislike Rucka's WW.

Why? They're vastly different.

They both focus on a non-violent and all-loving Wonder Woman.

Like almost all of her comics?

How many of those modern comics have actual substance and meat to them and not just a one issue appearance or he cameoed somewhere in a decent issue.

Anyone got a Jason Todd one?

I'd like to add Hawk and Dove #18-19 here too.

I saved this a while back, not sure how up to date is now.

Almost all of them have his name or "Shazam" in the title you fucking mongoloid

>shazam is now a number length
really got my nogin going there

That pic is OLD.

which... is... why you don't do that?

Wonder Woman's a character with more iconic runs than specific story-arcs. The runs that are *generally* remembered somewhat fondly are the original Marston run, the O'Neil run (though some folks don't like this one), Perez's, Messner-Loeb's, Jimenez's, Rucka's, Simone's and Azzarrello's.

I don't mean any disrespect btw to Wonder Woman. Its just frustrating that a major character seems so hard to get into. I kinda guess that's why Rucka and Earth One got popular, I mean of all the DC characters Wonder Woman's mythology is the most convoluted aside from maybe the Hawksnarl.

But I definitely will do some of the Marston, some of it has aged poorly, but I really, really dig this idea that when you have a magical peaceful society, they naturally advance technologically at an incredible pace. I wish the magiscience of Kangas and Invisible Jets would come back, I think it would fit the DCEU really.

I got pic related when I was in eighth grade (inb4 underage, I'm turning 21 in a month and a half) and found it to be pretty informative. I know it's not a story but it's a damn good starting point for trying to figure out here world.

The images in this thread are better. Their subtle, there's shit mixed in with some good stuff that everyone heard about.

We must've read two different Greg Rucka runs...which is entirely possible but the one from the early 2000s was not non-violent.