Say Goodbye to the Auction Scene in Pirates of the Carribean ride

d23.com/new-pirates-setting-sail-at-disneyland-paris-pirates-of-the-caribbean-on-july-24/

>On this side of the pond, at Magic Kingdom park and Disneyland park, it’s a pirate’s life for a favorite redhead—beginning in 2018, after an already-planned refurbishment, the redhead is trading her fashionable bonnet for a pirate’s hat. Guests will now see her joining the pirates’ ranks and helping the locals “unload” their valuables at the Mercado auction.

This is what you get when your a corporation that decides to listen to fat ugly feminists jealous of seeing an attractive mannequin woman being leered at by mannequin men.

By the way, for those who paid attention, when you enter the pirate lair in the ride after the skeleton at the ship's wheel, you see a painting hanging from an old mast showing this same redhead almost nude in pirate accessories, implying she was sold at the auction and joined the pirates and eventually became a part of their crew (stockholm syndrome or otherwise).

But why does the change itself bother you?

>Changes complete story of scene
>"WHY U MAD BRO?!"

That's not an answer. What about the change bothers you?

Tears for Fears made changes when they covered Ashes to Ashes by David Bowie but it's still a really good song.

C-c-changes alone aren't something to be bothered by.

oh no
the travesty
how will we ever recover

Is this before or after the drop? I'm going to Disney in a couple weeks and want to look for it

That's pretty cool. Good for her. I'm glad she's moving up in life.

Guess they'll have to stop selling the "We want the redhead" merchandise.

How about a source that's not behind a paywall?

Look, you made a bait thread. Milking it isn't going to make you look any better. Just take your (you)s and go.

After

>Paints a mustache and beard on Mona Lisa
>WHY U FRAID OF CHANGE BRO?!

Everyones getting mad but I see it like this It's just a follow up to what happens after she got bought. She proceeded to climb her way to the top of the crew.

Dude stop.

You're trying too hard.

>Goes out of way to change something that didn't need to be messed with then gets mad when people ask why the fuck that was necessary

>>PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO MY BAIT

Just quit while you're ahead, man.

>comparing a Renaissance painting to a Disneyland attraction
Wow

That ride was dead to me when the pirates stopped raping the women.

Would you be satisfied if the redheaded lady pirate was shown attempting to rape other townspeople?

Not him but you seem to be a rather unsavory person. There's are clear cultural trajectory toward predictable bland safe PCness.

I don't know what's bland about redhead pirate ladies.

Same principle as pic related

my girlfriend got hired by Disney imagineering to do concept illustrations for this i am very proud of her

>redhead pirate wearing an anchor shaped cock raping everyone in the town

You're embarassing yourself. But you're getting a bunch of (you)s so I guess that's what you wanted?

This and Marvel editing out the Gambit's and Wolverine's cigs and cigars out in old Jim Lee art is destroying art. Disney is basically being ISIS. How far will their destruction of art go? What is next?

Making the redhead into a transgender pirate is probably a future goal.

>It's n-n-nothing, man, changing a whole context to please fat tumblr bitches is all cool bro

as long as she's still hilariously boob-y, I don't really care

Pirates was ruined when they added Jack Sparrow, anyway

That ride's been raped already as is, I guess some more raping won't change much. As long as they don't fuck with Haunted Mansion.

The only part I remember of this ride is the prisoners trying to get the dog to free them.

The Simpsons mocked that a few years ago.

>Marvel editing out the Gambit's and Wolverine's cigs and cigars out in old Jim Lee art
For real? What the fuck

was one thread not enough?

That wouldnt be that bad.
If its made with style and attitude, it looks good.

Or with the right idea
10/10 museum material

>yo ho yo ho
>my pronouns are zi zee
>we pillage and ask
>for active consent
>drink up me hearties yo ho
>if she's drunk and you bang
>you raped her get bent
>yo ho yo ho
>we really hate Donald Trump
>Donald Trump is the worst guy ever
>he doesn't believe in my femenine penis
>drink up my hearties yo ho
>yo ho yo ho
>I'm not done talk'ng bout Trump
>he's literally is racist and shit
>this pirate ride is now about fighting Trump
>fuck Trump fuck Trump
>a fuckity fuckity Trump
>Ablumpfy dumpfy brumphy bump
>Aboop dee doop do doo
>awop pwa pwa pwaa paawa pwa pwa pwaa
>da dum dee DUMDEEDUMDEE Swish Swish Bish
And then the rest of the ride's some drag show shit with people chanting we are the future while animatronics smear feces on the walls and violently hump Jack Sparrow.

It was an homage cover on a modern issue, not a re-release of the original story.

you are such an idiot.

>pirates have to be politically correct now
Im no historian but arent pirates supposed to be ruthless cutthroats who steal and rape women?

Yeah, because up until now the ride was super historically accurate. This is the bit where they broke character.

It's corporate-owned pop culture, not high art. It's not a single person's opinion in a specific moment of time. It sways with its customers and reflects the values of the day.

If this genuinely angers you and this isn't just some knee-jerk political response, I'd suggest you stop becoming so emotionally invested in something that never placed integrity first.

Yes, which is why the PotC movies weren't even remotely historically accurate to begin with and why being bothered by this change is so dumb. Also the movies after the second one were all shit.

wew

No they dont.
They could be just burglars on the see
Or just someone with an agenda of his own or from a state.
Some are like partisans but the enemy named them pirates.
They dont need to be criminals or everyone thought raping was ok.

For example
>Sir Francis Drake
>Klaus Störtebeker
>Menodoros

ARE YOU READY KIDS?

>imagineers had too many imagibeers

Speaking of which, what on Earth is gonna happen at the Hall of Presidents?

>he doesn't know that Disneyland will never be complete and will continue to grow and change as long as there is imagination in the world

You do realize the film was based on the ride, not the other way around.

They're adding Trumby but he'll just get named in the roll call and they'll still use Obama's speech. Trump just kind of stands awkwardly on stage
It's an alright new show desu

Why doesn't my Disney Attraction have pirates raping people in front of the guests? Fucking bullshit.

It's only in Disneyland's. It's not in Disney world's

Disney confirm that he will get a speaking role as new President in that attraction. people speculated if he would speak or not. Seems they are keeping that tradition up still.

Goodbye, auction scene.

Hello, new waifu!

>why are you bothered by something else I'm putting in your mouth instead?
how pathetic.

Are you that guy who warned us about this in the last theme park thread? Proof?

Helloooo, new waifu!

According to some CM that did guest surveys, nobody really cared about the auction scene being that offensive and that this is less about the sexism and more about getting rid of the fat jokes.

I would masturbate on that ride

And thus the story on the ride is dead. Good job everyone.

Remember when Pirates were assholes? Nah lets change history so we don't offend people.

Enjoy your Ghost Hostess

>Remember when Pirates were assholes?
Yeah, I do. Do YOU remember how society at large has romanticized the fuck out of them for hundreds of years?

Seriously, what happened to this website? Used to be this would be met with universal praise because we all have yet another waifu to spank it to.

Calm down. Have a wank, mate.

Take an art class.

Why are there constant disney park threads on Sup Forums? I'm not saying there are Disney Interns on this board, but all these coincidences must lead to something.

I'm more surprised Disney parks would let these weirdos in.

These weirdos join the ranks of Drake Bell.

I wouldn't go as far as say constant, but one did get mod moved to /trv/

>history

It is pop culture bullshit and always has been.
A pirate is a person who engages in piracy, there is no specific culture, creed, tradition or laws that unites everyone who used a boat to engage in robbery.
The Barbary Cosairs waging jihad or a Viking ship raiding Ireland or a band of proto-communists based in Madagascar or Errol Flynn are all equally pirates so long as they steal from ships.

timely reminder that pirates never buried treasure except for one, James Kidd, who did it once because he was pretty sure he was going to be caught but might come back for it, did come back for it, and the trick was so celebrated that it became what all fictional pirates do

but in reality pirates didn't do that and simply spent whatever shares they got of plunder

reminder that most pirate ships were run as democracies because they were crewed by runaways from authoritarian military and civilian crews, and had no fixed captain, but chose among ability

reminder that pirate ships didn't even have regular crews and any sailor who was capable could serve on one without penalty if he didn't have another ship and didn't get caught, and few were career pirates

get that on the ride and we'll have a talk about historical accuracy

>not talking about historical accuracy

why would you want 50% of park patrons to feel uncomfortable on a theme park ride? that's just going to hurt your numbers and force it to close

do you not understand hospitality at all

Worth it to see the redhead dressed as a pirate. I love that redhead.

To be fair, based on the concept art out there she looks pretty good.

no they won't.

They still sell a SHITLOAD of Haunted Mansion Hatbox Ghost merch and he hasn't been in the ride proper for 5 years at least ( he used to be in the attic, but now only the Bride is there)

Good number also wintered along the Carolina coast, far away from most authorities at the time.

Marcel Duchamp is NOT an artist. Or at least he was at one point. The height of his career was being a douchebag and tricking snobs into believing any old junk was art
>Dude, check it. I found an old urinal. I'll just lay it on it's side and sign my name on it. Oh look, they want to install it in an art gallery so a bunch of mongs can discuss for hours about "what I meant" when I did this.

> Oh look, an old bicycle wheel. I'll just put this up in my studio and maybe it will inspire m--- oh wait, people think it's an art piece. Damn, these people are suckers

>stockholm syndrome

I don't know. She's always seemed quite eager and not at all concerned. It's the pirate's life for her. The new scene could just be her later on in life after the auction.

>This is what you get when your a corporation that decides to listen to fat ugly feminists jealous of seeing an attractive mannequin woman being leered at by mannequin men.

Lady pirates? Shit, is there some kind of fat ugly feminist organization I can throw my money at?

Shut the fuck up, i dont care about the feelings of fucking bitches

Madame Ching, the most successful pirate in all of human history, began her career in much the same way.

Yup

Because they prominently feature the animated characters and most of the classic rides were designed by Disney animators anyways.

Trump's own people are working on it and they're not actually letting Disney touch it, from what I've heard.

OP is the biggest sperglord I have seen on this board in a while.

And they said Sup Forumsmblr isn't real.

Ye best start believin' in Sup Forumsmbler.