The Hellblazer #11 Storytime

"Fuck Alan Moore" - DC

that's a dope cover. Also, fuck alan moore

could you storytime Lucifer too?

just for you user, I will. Once this is done, ill start a new thread for it.

thank you, I haven't read any of the earlier series but both this and Lucifer have been pretty fun like the shows

why wouldn't Moore approve? this is way less offensive than Doomsday or whatever

This comic is bad. Also why bring up Alan Moore for this issue? Aside from it featuring John it doesn't have anything to do with him any more than any other issue.

why is it bad? this and Batgirl were the best single issues DC released this week

i just cant believe this run hasnt been cancelled with issue 12
im glad someone is enjoying them

(You)

I don't get it
what's wrong with it?

To take a page from Sup Forums. Read more comics.

I wonder if they'll ever release the Vigilante tpb

never ever

it seems everything I enjoy is universally disliked

How is this series anyway? Is it bad?

I don't get why Oliver's run has been so disparaged. No, it's nowhere near the quality of DC's best current comic (Shade the Changing Girl), and yes, it's not the Vertigo Hellblazer series, but that ship sailed long ago. First arc was definitely better than this meandering second arc, but I still prefer this to most of the other Rebirth series, and even a 'okay' DC comic beats any current Marvel comic easily.

Anyway, we'll see how Seeley and Merino go from #13 onwards. I wish they'd just settle on an artist and stick with it - there's already been 4 or 5 artists on the series.

Do you have a defense of this comic that isn't comparing it to other comics and saying it isn't bad by comparison?

do you have any critiques besides not muhh

Problem is that many people looking at it already have the Vertigo series in mind for a comparison - it's living in the shadow of a series that was able to do things that a DCU title can't.

It's a fun fantasy series about an asshole magician and his associates who don't trust him. Approach it that way and it's a much better read.

You yourself posted some.
>than this meandering second arc
>wish they'd just settle on an artist and stick with it - there's already been 4 or 5 artists on the series.
Why are you asking me for more? And why are you making up arguments for me to argue against instead of the ones presented?

It's a decent read, even if rather slow paced. If anything, it's kinda just forgettable. But then again, so were a lot of Hellblazer near the end. This Djinn storyline should have been over already, but other than that it's mainly John dicking around people while some low level mystic shit is happening, classic Hellblazer stuff only with less gore and mature themes due to the age rating.

You see though, if a person or group is going to use the success of another older work to boost the success of their work as a shortcut to making their own work from scratch then it warrants comparison to that work. They can't have their cake and eat it saying to check out their new Hellblazer comic and say don't compare it to Hellblazer comics.

If the greatest sin the book has is "it's not as good as some stories from Hellblazer" that's a rather poor critique of the comic.

It's not the greatest sin just the most obvious. By it's own it's not that great of a comic. It's just another sin to add to the list of negative things to say about it. I'd say the greatest sin of this comic is the art.

most of Hellblazer has shit art so its par for the course

It's probably impossible for any book to maintain the approach or quality of its finest runs if it goes on for long enough. Even the original Vertigo series was a shade of its former self by the time the Milligan run came to an end. Comparing the book now to its Delano, Ennis or Ellis runs is always going to make it look weaker by comparison, but the same goes for any long-running comics that have had their defining runs decades ago.

I think at this point I don´t even know who the main Constantine fans are:
- Fans of the TV Series ?
- Oldschool Hellblazer fans ?
- Justice League Dark fans ?

I fall in the second category and besides trying to complete the original Vertigo run, I don´t see me buying anything with John ever again.
It´s kinda the same with Midnighter: Why even bother if a character is this watered down ?

I miss Moritat's art. I got used to it on All-Star Western so it felt great to have it back, despite the sameface that his female characters have.

I wonder what happened. He left after the Rebirth issue + 4 main issues, 2 issues before the end of the first arc.

Maybe he's doing an issue of Elephantmen again?

I'm enjoying it so far, now if the payoff to this arc is shit then I'll be pissed but I do love me some Constantine.

Batgirl was only good because she was in a swimsuit last issue

As someone that's never read a Hellblazer issue before this run I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this run so far.

It's definitely not bad. It just feels a bit slow and boring. It's all pretty much been one arc so far right? 11 issues (at least) for a monthly series arc is too many, and especially when it's the first arc. Blue Beetle has the same problem there.

Hope Seeley's run will pick up the pace and have shorter arcs.

desu the whole thing has taken so long I've forgotten exactly what it was that they went to France for - it was something to do with finding Abby Arcane wasn't it?

Variant is also cool.

And yes, fuck Alan Moore.

"Fuck DC" - people with taste

>John Constantine created by Alan Moore, Steve Bissette, John Totleben and Jamie Delano & John Ridgway

Is this the longest character-creation credit? Usually they name just 1 writer and 1 artist.

anyone who doesn't recognise Moore for the genius he is is a fucking mongoloid

The fuck is with the art and tone of this? This is not how you do a Hellblazer comic

You must have missed Anime-Hellblazer from earlier in the run (issue 7)

I haven't been keeping up with this but lol what the fuck

This.
Fuck Alan Moore.

Ennis I know you are here suffering because ''not muh Constantine''.

Hellblazer died when Carey's run ended. And honestly, it was a perfectly good ending, if it'd stopped there.

Everything from Denise Mina onwards was mediocre at best. Milligan started promising but ended abysmally.

If there is one thing that Carey seems to be good at, it is tying up every loose end introduced during a run on a book (except maybe his Marvel stuff, but I've never read any of that)