Everyone remember this bit?

Everyone remember this bit?

>THE EDGE. IT BLEEDS.
Ok, seriously. Who thought this was a good idea? Hell, who cleared this?

Better than the '3 Jokers' bullshit that is coming any day now.

What prevented the joker from dying of an infection?

DIONYSIUM

Basically what happened was Dectective Comics #1 did this stunt and DC said "Fuck, now where do we take this stupid idea?" and had Snyder try and salvage it. Lets chalk it up to "yeah that happened" and move on

his edge

Plot armor user, plot armor.

DiDio

>Batman finds it in the cave
>there's a Watchmen button on it

Ah, "that time when I stopped reading Batman for a while". Yes, yes, I remember.

Tony Daniels

Visually it's quite cool. If you give it a second of thought it's really edgy though. I've always thought the Joker (and his fans) was edgy though so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I'm gonna be honest. I felt like Faceless Joker could've worked.

I feel like "Joker actually going crazy for real" would've been an interesting story. Like, No matter how crazy someone seems, they can always get worse which is what I felt like Death of a Family was trying to pull off and it did at some points but Joker still felt like Joker only 300% more gay for Batman.

Maybe if he actually did something really reprehensible like drop the whole "kill only when it's funny" thing and just start torturing and mutilating members of the bat family Hostel-style and try to break Batman and make him his loyal sex slave.

Sure something like that would only work as an AU story cause they wouldn't dare try to kill off any of the members of the Bat family but at least it would be interesting. Just to see how grotesque Joker can be when he finally snaps for real and becomes an entirely different monster. Again, dropping the Joker motif and just becoming something worse.

That's essentially what he's been doing since Killing Joke already. There's no actual point to making him even more visceral, apart from MAXIMUM EDGE.

>"Hey, remember when people loved that Nolan's Joker had facial scars? What if we did that with out Joker, but... wait for it... WITH HIS WHOLE FACE???

I wish not

didn't Gotham make their baby joker staple his face back on or something

I saw a picture

I lost track of things. Last I checked, Joker was implied to be a magical demon who had haunted Gotham for centuries by using a Lazarus Pit that just so happened to be under a major highway.

well now there's 3 Jokers

There's Mark Hamill, Nicholson, and Jared Leto

>I feel like "Joker actually going crazy for real" would've been an interesting story.
It could be if this wasn't nearly every Joker story since The Killing Joke.
Nearly every Joker story after TKJ has been the same. He goes loose, kills a bunch of people, lures Batman into a trap, makes some fakedeep speech about chaos and anarchy and whatnot, Batman grits his teeth, they fight and either the Joker is hauled by the cops or apparently dies. Rinse and repeat for a 100 times. The character is a moronic shell of his former self subsisting on moronic shock value.

>if he actually did something really reprehensible like drop the whole "kill only when it's funny" thing
But that has been dropped. For a while now.
For a while now, writers have Joker commit intricate crimes which fit the loose definition of a "joke", but have the character as a whole be generally humourless and grim, with no wit to be found in his dialogue. Pretty much all the Joker does nowadays is either brutally torture people or engage in unsubtle homoerotic dialogue with Batman.

Writers should stop trying to make each new Joker appearence edgier and more shocking than the previous, because this
There is nothing that distinguishes nuJoker from characters like Mr.Zsasz or Carnage (except even Carnage gained an actual sense of humor recently).

So when will the three jokers face-off?

I thought it was pretty awesome honestly

It was a pretty exciting and actually original story for the joker in a long while, plus it splintered off into two pretty cool stories after

I'll never understand why people hate it so much, somethingsomething change is bad somethinsomething

But the thing is that Joker has always been playing a character, a persona. To truly go insane would be to stop caring about that and just do random atrocities to appease some animalistic bloodlust which is what I was expecting from faceless Joker initially.

>"D-don't y-you see Batman? I don't care about my p-persona anymore, I don't want to be that stupid clown that thinks he's making statement killing people with acid spitting flowers and cyanide filled pies, I want to kill because it's all I'm good for... And in my empire of carnage, I want you to be my king!"

>Writers should stop trying to make each new Joker appearance edgier and more shocking than the previous

I agree. I want the Joker who's essentially a stupid asshole that makes stupid puns while throwing ACME bombs from a car with his face on it back.

Edgy, slasher film Joker has just gotten stale.

What you are describing is yet another "Joker gets writer's block" story with a sympathetic edge to it (he can't control himself and wants to give up his persona but can't) that the character really doesn't need. There are Batman rogues who do struggle with their own insane impulses (Mad Hatter and Riddler) and try to quit their characters to focus on more important things to them but eventually fail and go back (Penguin does this all the time). The last thing Joker needs is to lift more elements from other Batman villains even though he has more than enough of his own to take from.

Not to mention this ruins one of the mysteries regarding Joker that is whether he really is insane or just really good at pretending to be. The last thing Joker needs for a revamp is to have a "boo hoo woe is me I don't want to be Joker anymore". Especially when, as you are implying, he thinks killing is all he is good for, when Joker should not be merely an omnicidal maniac. He's a clown first, and a killer later.

Demonic possession is actually one of the better ideas. Every time the Joker dies another innocent dies, and he could both fuck up and kill himself and kill himself deliberately for shits and giggles. And occasionally getting Franked, Midnightered and Buenoed would be OK as far as he was concerned.

Getting Franked while begging and making puppy dog eyes? That Frank, what a card. Getting Midnightered? Head kicked off and the guy can't help bullseyeing a chimney? Slapstick! Bueno.., well it was gross but that cockhead coming out of your mouth after ripping your intestines was kinda funny. Just a shame you can't do it to anything bigger than a kid, or maybe Doctor Psycho.

Fuck you guys, I liked it.

No it's not. It's betraying one of the fundamental points of the character (That he's a regular dude, just like the hero he's fighting) to fix something that really doesn't need fixing.

Lame.

Joker and the rest of the DCU and Marvel universes need to UNIRONICALLY (I'd underline this if I could) go back to their silver age or golden age roots.

Because it was retarded and didn't amount to anything good. Art was the one saving grace. Snyder tries waaaaay too hard on literally every aspect of everything he does.

Because the idea is pants-on-head retarded and yet another pointless attempt to make The Joker edgier.
Because it severely limits The Joker's range as a character by forcing him into a single facial expression all the time, when ideally The Joker should have a myriad of funny faces and facial expressions. You know, considering he's a CLOWN and variation is his shtick.
Because Joker being a more random Mr.Zsasz is not entertaining and scary and is a butchery of the character's appeal no matter how many Jokerfags insist otherwise.
Because the story itself where this happened was crap like most of Snyder's work. Joker on the loose, being an unstoppable monster, going around hurting members of the Bat-Family and possibly killing one of them is anything but new. Even the whole "oooh but he might know about Batman's secret identity this time" is nothing we haven't seen before from Hugo Strange or Hush. . If anything, it was just a louder retread of the same old shit we've been seeing for years now, if not decades. Because Snyder can't help but trip over himself while trying to portray Joker as, the way he puts it, the greatest villain of time.

You can pick any of these if you want if you ever get tired of using the "boohoo contrarians don't want change" justification

They did, but I felt it was handled better on TV. For instance:
>Jerome doesn't make a deal with Dollmaker to slice his face off. Instead, he's fucking dead and supposed to be revived by the guy who played the fake cop with Rachel Dawes badge in TDK.
>Fake Cop Guy can't do it, but the hordes of Wannabe Jokers are anxiously waiting outside for the return of their role model
>Fake Cop Guy has a bright idea: "I'll wear his face and declare that he lives on in all of us!"
>He does.
>It works.
>Plot twist: the resurrection also worked.
>jfw he has no face
>Fake Cop Guy hands Jerome his face. >Jerome staples it back on.
>Lulls Fake Cop Guy into false sense of security
>Kills him for it.

Is it bad that I liked the Joker in Lego Batman? Everything in the movie was super overblown and campy but it was nice to have a Joker that wasn't all "MOM'S GONNA FREAK"