How does this make you feel?

How does this make you feel?
google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-pirates-ride-20170629-story,amp.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(location)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does Disney keep having to make Pirates worse.

makes me feel like you're too much of a cunt to use the catalog, cunt

Did you just use the C word at me friend?!?

Watch your fucking language, cunts.

Fuck off, cunt.

Never been, can't afford it, can't care.

No one goes to Disney for a history lesson or realism.

If this were cut from a documentary it history book, it would be shit. But Disney sells cartoon entertainment and nostalgia, and nostalgia is MADE to be revisionist.

Just fuck my shit up.
First you fuck up The Haunted Mansion with CG atrocities, then you rape the Tower of Terror and turn it into gay lord and friends and now you go full SJW on POTC.

There were badass female pirates too. Put in more pirates pillaging shit on my ride about pirates.

>There were badass female pirates too.
And they can be counted on one hand.

good. I'm not a sjw but little kids shouldn't see that. it even disturbed me a bit.

>lets ignore this horrible awfil thing that happened because it hurts my feewings

Look. I get it. It's a ride. Not a historical account of real events, but I honestly believe that we will get to a point where we will have a "false" history taught to people in the future for the sake of not hurting anyone's feelings. Hell they already do this to grade schoolers with the "Thanksgiving" thing.

The lesbian duo, the chinese one, the french one. Who else?

Stop reposting the same fucking thread.

>The lesbian duo, the chinese one, the french one. Who else?
The irish one.

... and yeah that's basically it.

They already do it for everything by conveniently leaving out almost all inconvenient facts about history. You tend to get the cliff notes version with everything notable white washed out.

>badass gun-toting lady pirate in a fabulous dress
>How does this make you feel?
Aroused.

Disney used to be a lot darker.

Fucking this

With Miles and RiRi, it's looking like Disney's getting a lot darker.

Seriously this. I prefer a sexy red headed pirate who will step on my balls and make me her slave than a dainty little bitch. They can say "girl power" all they want but it only makes me more erect

>posting a One Piece image while bitching about pirates being sanitized
I do love a bit of good ol' fashion irony.

Honestly I applaud the first ride for being so... dark. If I has a Disney land I would keep it. But It's way off tone for something as cheesey as a Disney land. That being said I'd keep it if I was a more thrill oriented mature amusement park like Universal.

>>My bait thread didn't work
>>I'LL MAKE ANOTHER ONE!

Just put yourself out of our misery already.

It's not bait I deliberately started a thread without stating my opinion on the matter. I just asked how all of you feel about the change

Every bit of piracy One Piece sanitizes is countered by its accurate depiction of a government.

Got a link for the full pic.
Don't remember seeing this one.

Straw Hats are also one of the only genuinely righteous crews out there. The others are varying degrees of glorified robbers, and most you meet in the manga do FAR WORSE things than simply rob people.

>pirates
>righteous
See, from the very start, you done fucked up. Any depiction of pirates outside of being vicious marauders no better than the governments they supposedly rebelled against, is immediate bullshit. The down with the man shit was little more than a convenient excuse.

>teaching about World War II will be banned

WE WANTS THE REDHEAD

WE WANTS THE REDHEAD

I didn't care what Disney did before this, and I still don't care.

It's not theft, it's advanced negotiation. With a gun.

>lesbian duo

I hardly think being Calico Jack's bitches qualifies as "badass"

You knew perfectly well this is bound to inspire incendiary rhetoric from all concerned and your entire purpose was to create a flame war. It's a bait thread.

>mfw Space Pirates dislike theft
Fuck, even in sci-fi, pirates are sanitized to shit.

>I'm going to bitch about historical accuracy about a story that is written about a totally different world and remove the story's context from it so I have something to complain about.

There's a few important things about how the world of One Piece is put together. The world is like 90% water. Islands are usually not that big, seriously speaking. Sailing is an unavoidable fact of life in One Piece. The World Government is also an unrepentant piece of shit. Government endorsed and controlled slavery isn't even the biggest sin on their list of fucked up shit they like doing. To that point, if you are not sailing with the stamp of approval of the government, you are considered a pirate. It's that easy to become a pirate in that world. They even gunned down a random dingy with a child in it cause EYYYY must be a pirate if it's in our way. Said child hadn't even committed anything we'd consider an act of piracy before the government saw fit to execute him for it(via bombardment). Finally, if you are a freedom fighter, you need to sail. If you need to sail as an antigoverment group, you're a pirate by default no matter what you're doing as you sail port to port.

Essentially the government throws around the label of pirate out of convenience. Call them a pirate and shoot them. No need for any other justification, but it's also turned the label of 'pirate' in to a badge of honor because of it.

>Pirates don't steal
The fuck I'm reading?

A good pirate doesn't pirate things

I don't understand, what would be the point to their existence

Why not be regular sailors

This. Hel, it's already happening.

>it's advanced negotiation. With a gun.

lost

Heh, I'm stealing this.

few years ago I've read that they are gonna censor Robinson Crusoe and cut every single "slave" word and replace them with word "friend"

aesthetic

hel, most of it already is ignored, if not banned.

Most of it is Nazis bad, Allies (including Russia) Good!. No one talks about the shit Russia did, no one talks about the Italians at all, People barely gloss over the shit the Japanese pulled, and everything with the Germans is "Lol Holocaust."

No one actually talks about what Fascism was, or why the Fascist nations managed to pull themselves out of the Depression first via economic policies. No one talks about how Stalin took Russia from 4th world tech to 1st world army by slaughtering and enslaving his own nation.

Nothing wrong with a qt redhead pirate

>Why not be regular sailors
Doesn't sound as glamorous.

Hey, I'm just saying, the whole historical accuracy argument is completely invalid unless the work in question is meant to be historically accurate.

It's like when some people bitched about playable women in For Honor. Yeah, probably not a lot of female combatants back then, but there sure as fuck weren't no three way war between Knights, Vikings, and Samurai. Goddamn.

>or why the Fascist nations managed to pull themselves out of the Depression first via economic policies
Silly user. Government can't have anyone calling attention to the fact it just sits around letting it's elected officials grow fat while the common people suffer under a broken economy. It's not like people will suddenly start yearning for fascist regimes because even a fascist government is kinder than the current abuse of capitalism.

Wait.. what do you mean that's exactly what's happening?

They probably had to counteract all the butthurt the Hall of Presidents will cause.

I don't get why people get an argument rage boner whenever women warriors get brought up in fictional environments. Women warriors are fun.

Because they prefered the (generally) democratic life style of a pirate ship to the constant sodomy, beatings and other authoritarian shit that the official navy's engaged in. Or because Odin/Allah/Jesus wills it.

Pirates are a pop culture invention.
There was no organized pirate culture where people ran about burying treasure, teaching parrots to talk, and raping cuz dat's da rules of being a Pirate.
The most successful and powerful pirate to ever live (Ching Shih) banned rape and ordered that all female captives be released. You "muh real pirates" fags are the worst.

kek'd

>4-5 threads about this so far
>no art of what should be the board's latest waifu
You people disgust me.

Nice bait post

Pirates began as privateers hired by nations to raid trade routes and easy targets like colonies. When they got out of hand they were outlawed by most countries but people still did it because it was a great way of making money. There would literally never be the concept of pirate if it hadn't been organized by the various European powers trying to colonize the world. Also no one thinks of your chink faggot when they hear or say pirate they think of people like Blackbeard who was a crazy fuck.

Cheesecake already exists on the ride itself

>implying that's an excuse

Just how underaged are you? I'm guessing 10.

Is it too late to buy a gf? Wish I had known about this sooner!

It wasn't historically accurate anyway. The way it actually worked back then was the opposite. The girl's father would have to pay a dowry the man's family to take her away. Women were considered a liability.

Can you not spell hell?

Are you retarded? There were plenty of pirate captains who had codes of honor and wouldn't just randomly kill and murder. Some of these people were former naval captains which continued these practices when they became pirates.

I can, but different Hel.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(location)

Disney has done this before with the same ride, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

which can also be said for male pirates

Only if you don't give a shit about pirates to begin with. But the notable female pirates are also some of the ONLY female pirates.

How many notable males pirates are there? Other then Blackbeard and Bart

>and nostalgia is MADE to be revisionist.
Explain.

>Disneyland
And nothing of value was lost.

This is an example of Disney giving into flavor of the minute political bullshit instead of caring about ... well... anything that was funny. Though sadly I'm less bothered by this removal and still MORE bothered by the fucking switching up of the men chasing women. That was genuinely funny before they feminized it.

Well, obviously. Nostalgia is an ersatz version of a particular period of time designed to filter out all of the shitty stuff. For example, all that 1950s nostalgia crap centered on James Dean and cars with giant tail fins while completely overlooking the Cold War, duck and cover drills, people dying of diseases you can treat easily now, etc.

Erasing a sex slave auction scene should be to feminism what having a happy sharecropper movie is to civil rights. They don't even deserve points from the sjw crowd.

>Pirates are a pop culture invention.
>Pop culture depictions of pirates are not historically accurate
>therefore pirates are a pop culture invention
Neck yourself. Pirates started largely as privateers, then moved into the bucaneer era, and then the "Golden age of piracy." Shit even happens today with Somalian pirates raiding freighter ships in the Gulf of Aden. Do you honestly think that people who murder ship crews and steal cargo are above rape?
Also, female pirate used her husband and family's history/recognition to maneuver herself into power. Not a knock against her personally, but don't act like female pirates were the norm, she was a very special case in a unique position.

Weren't these largely privateers?

I liked being disturbed by it as a little kid. That was the appeal. I don't understand millenials.

>They're teaching in schools that Cleopatra and Hannibal were full Congo Black

Kidd and Morgan, I guess. I don't really care about pirates anyway, but honestly I think there's only two actually notable female pirates. That one girl who pretended to be a dude (and never actually was a captain), and Shih.

>There are people arguing over whether or not a themepark ride should be historically accurate
What went wrong with the world?

>It's way off tone for something as cheesey as a Disney land

It's one of the oldest most iconic rides. Your idea of what tone a Disney park should have is a recent development.

>People are commenting on cultural trends manifesting themselves in how amusement parks choose to portray Disney-style history
Truly the end times.

Captain Kidd

I didn't even know this was part of the ride and I've been on it twice.

So you're saying she's traveled tothe past and forced Disney to change the pirates chasing the women?

>But It's way off tone for something as cheesey as a Disney land.
People seem to just assume that all children gravitate towards cutesy innocent stuff, and are terrified and ruined by anything that's remotely dark. When I was a kid, I was scared of things that LOOKED scary (orcs in Lord of the Rings, etc.), but abstract things like Bridal Sales didn't register as disturbing until I was older.

Changing the ride under the guise of "protecting the children from indecent exposure" is just an excuse. The people who are actually upset and disturbed by it are adults.

They said they weren't gonna put Trump in a speaking role, right?

It's an extremely minor part of the ride. At least in the one in Disney World. Afterwards, you see them chasing the pirates with brooms.

This sucks, the pirates went from scoundrels to happy fun time panksters

If they ever touch the suicide scene in haunted mansion i'll be sad.

>cultural trends

Except that they've done that before, so either sjws can time travel or it has nothing to do with "cultural trends"

The "bride" part of the scene was just a joke. Nobody was interested in marrying the wenches, they were just going to rape them.

Duck and cover drills are now looked back on fondly as being quaint.

That's fine. What's the problem?

This is happening to WDW too.

wut?
People comment on cultural trends. This happens constantly. The fuck does time travel have to do with it.

The Cold War gave us video games, so it wasn't all bad.
The first video game was developed by software engineers (or their precursors anyway) on equipment meant to calculate missile paths.

You kidding? Who would we compare politicians too if we don't learn about hitler?

>disney being family-friendly
am I supposed to be upset?

The change has nothing to do with cultural trends, they've done this same thing in the past.

>Perifag
>posts retarded shit
checks out

Pirates were criminals, they should remove the whole attraction desu.