The Lego Batman Movie

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on The Lego Batman Movie? I thought it was going to be a shit cash-in, but I loved it. The voice acting and animation were fantastic, I genuinely laughed more than once, and I felt a genuinely attached to the characters. My only major complaint is that bringing in all the different franchise from the Phantom Zone felt a bit too goofy, but other than that I loved it.

I thought it was pretty fantastic

Bane was the real MVP

The ending makes more sense if you view the movie as paying tribute to pop-culture on the whole than just the Batman franchise.

Even with Bruce, they where parodying the BatGod characterisation more prelevent among fans.

Personally I thought it was really clever. We've had quite a few good Batman parodies and this was a neat angle to bring to it.

Saw it for the first time yesterday. I loved it, more than I even expected to. Ignoring Batman lore, it makes for a great animated film. The Batman stuff on top really makes it unique without feeling insulting. In fact, so many scenes felt like love letters to everything Batman.

I enjoyed it every single bit, no heavy complaint, It was like one of the most fun rollercoaster ride ever.

If i want to be a nitpick, well....it's a lego movie. I mean how many people din't watch this because of that?

Zero interest because of black Batgirl and that obnoxious Robin.

Underrated, I liked it far more than Lego 1

>black Batgirl
She's brown.

Batgirl is white actually. The real one.

>real

>The real one

oh yeah?

great pastiche of everything batman.

looking forward to the ninjago movie next.

Fuck sakes guys seriously?

>lol everything should be my race and everyone needs to accept it

Fucking write your own shit

>ninjago movie doesn't have the season one snakes

>the real one
What real one? The 60s show?

>What are Sup Forums's thoughts on The Lego Batman Movie?

I liked the way Batman was portrayed in the lego movie so when I heard that he was getting his own movie I was somewhat hyped.
Then I saw the trailer..
And I got 100% hyped
Watched the movie, laughed my ass off more times than I can remember. All in all a good movie. a strong 8/10. Maybe even a 9 who knows.

>black

Idiot.

Lego Babs and Gordon were white. They just had a bronze complexion like certain Cajun and Italian people who look like they tan a lot.

The Joker thing wore thin really fast and that whole second bit with random property villains was more distracting than entertaining.

It was a brilliant movie, through and through. A good comedy that parodies and homages the Batman mythos in the best way. It works well for casual fans and hardcore fans of the character. It's a great follow to The Lego Movie.

I'm looking forward to The Lego Ninjago Movie.
Lego Universe > MCU and DCEU

>Batgirl should be white and everyone needs to accept it

they ran out of batman villains.

you cant make much out of LCU.

>they almost kiss in the end

>Fucking write your own shit

They did, it's called Lego Batman.

I ignored it because the character was so unlikable in the Lego movie. But goddamn they gave him an actual arc and development. And it was pretty funny.