Links:

kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Danny-Phantom-Season-02/Episode-004-005?id=4024

watchcartoononline.io/danny-phantom-episode-24-25-reign-storm

Season 1 MEGA (480p):
mega.co.nz/#F!UN8jTTDS!3Its0gCZr5_lfp7qdQS6yg

Season 2(Current Season) MEGA (480p):
mega.co.nz/#F!NF1i1SIY!J92kOruTwjCmDX6vW7xZcw

>What is this?
To commemorate 10 years since Danny Phantom ended, we're celebrating by watching all 53 episodes of the show, one episode every week for each week in 2017.

>What's happening in this topic?
Once a week(usually), every Friday, there will be a general created for discussing that week's episode in particular, along with a link to said episode.

>What's the point of this?
It's just a fun little activity to do throughout 2017 to make the year a bit more interesting, nothing more.

>Why Danny Phantom?
I haven't watched the show in years, and when I did, I never saw all the episodes. Plus, there's 53 episodes, so counting the two-parters it roughly works out pretty well.

>This is stupid
It's very possible that's the case, if it is, please feel free to voice your grievances about it here. If enough people hate this, I won't do it, no hard feelings.

>I want to get into this, is it too late to join in?
It's Never Too Late for Now. Feel free to use the previous threads for links to episodes and watch at your own pace. At only one episode a week, it should be easy to catch up to where the marathon currently is. First thread can be found here: desuarchive.org/co/thread/88957503/

IMPORTANT:
Is this a terrible idea? Have better suggestions for a layout for this topic? Know how to do it better and want to be in charge of making these topics instead? Want to berate me for making this stupid thing in the first place? Other? Please address these within this topic.

Previous thread/episode: Desuarchive link in case it gets cleared from the archive: desuarchive.org/co/thread/93410299/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PFRArJmAedA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First TV movie/special of the series this week, also the first episode I don't recall ever seeing before.(I glimpsed the end briefly but that's about it)

As always, suggestions on how to make these threads better is welcome and encouraged.

Wow, this show was a lot better than I remember.

How many tv specials did this show get, again?

IIRC, there's 4, with three of them being this season and the last one being the series finale.

BOX
GHOST

So would he be the closest thing to a physical deity if he was in that one episode of Futurama with the universe boxes?

Reign Storm
The Ultimate Enemy
Reality Trip
Phantom Planet

>bootleg Spectacular Spiderman

>53 episode
You mean 54? You forgot about the recent episode to commerate the ten years, where the new character Randy meet his biggest fan Ember then form EGS. As he transition into a female.

Nah, you're thinking of the one where Timmy, Dudley, and Bunsen show up.

is whoever this girl is in the episode

Ah this is one of my favorite episodes next to Ultimate enemy

It goes down in quality when Hartman takes control after Ultimate Enemy. He wanted to take the show in a more light hearted direction

It came out before Spectacular.

She was in the episode last week.

Ultimate Enemy is the best episode

It's way shittier though.

Which one, Danny or Spectacular?

Danny, duh. You must be completely delusional if you think dp even holds a candle to Spiderman.

I actually never saw it, so I wouldn't know...

Danny Phantom is miles better than any Spidernan cartoon

>I've never watched Spectacular Spider-Man

>What have you done to our boy!?
>*laughs* I am your boy!
Ultimate Enemy was Danny Phantom at it's peak.

We either need a stream or screenshots

Where would one put this stream?

It was all downhill from that episode.

How so?

The writing became crap.

This. It's hard to top Dark Danny, and after that point it's like the series became 90% gag comedy to compensate for how dark that one episode was.

Could have sworn Urban Jungle was a special. Haven't watched the show since I was a kid so perhaps that's just how I remembered it as a child, probably due to the scale of the episode.

What exactly makes this episode so good?

It's the darkest possible timeline

He lost everything, his family and friends and in his grief decided to tear his Ghost half out. But his Ghost self didn't want to be alone so it fused with Vlad's Ghost half and took over the fucking world.

Nothing the show did afterwards ever matched that tone.

I liked Pariah Dark a lot, probably one of the show's coolest villains. He was like the Darkseid/Thanos/Apocalypse/Unicron type of villain for Danny.

>He was like the Darkseid/Thanos/Apocalypse/Unicron type of villain for Danny.
That's probably what they had in mind when they made him. The entire show has homages to comic books

here you go senpai

youtu.be/PFRArJmAedA

30 min of pure batshit insanity

Yeah, a lot of Danny's villains can be traced back to types of comic book villains.

>Vlad Plasmius - Mastermind/Evil version
>Dark Danny - Evil doppelgänger
>Skullker - Hunter villain
>Pariah Dark - Final boss/world threatening/high stakes villain
>Technus - Evil scientist/electronic villain
>Clockwork - Watcher/balance character

Reign Storm and Ultimate Enemy were great, and probably the best episodes of the show.
Reality Trip was lame.
Phantom Planet sucked.

They had an Infinity Gauntlet with the Reality Gauntlet, pulled a Clone Saga with Dani

>Phantom Planet sucked.
They were cancelled and had to rush out a finale to the show, dropping a bunch of plot lines

In my opinion, season 1 and the first half of season 2 were great, but the second half of season 2 and all of season 3 sucked.

After the Ultimate Enemy, the show feels likes it's done every cool thing it could.

I only ever saw the second half of Ultimate Enemy and Phantom Planet, and the very end of Reality Trip, do the last two hold up?

I often hear that about season 3, but why the second half of season 2?

The show was weak by that point, so it's not like it was going to be much better regardless.

Reality Trip could've been cool, having a second string villain become a major threat, but it never really feels like the stakes are as high as they should be. Phantom Planet is just a rushed mess with a stupid plot.