What the fuck is wrong with well-done steak?

What the fuck is wrong with well-done steak?

People say it takes away a lot of the flavor, but I'm not a goddamn barbarian and I want my meat fully cooked before I eat it. If my burgers or steaks have any pink, they're getting cooked longer.

I would tell you to go ask /ck/, but frankly that board has enough shitposts already. Go try a medium rare steak. You will never go back to well done.

I call that a medium.
It's not rare and it's not well done.

I eat it medium well, without sauce. On the side for dipping if I feel like it

One, it's fucking dry.
Two, it's unnecessary to cook it that long, the inside meat is fine red.
Three, it tastes pretty crappy as well.
Go kill yourself for your shit taste.

its terrible, i want juice and i want flavor. If i wanted a fully cooked hamburger ill eat beef jerky.

But at least im not a savage who eats their steaks rare.

It does, and for Burgers, you shouldn't get any pink on it.

is this /cock/ now?

Pansy. Black and blue is the best form of steak.

It's canon that Hank is a shitty grillmaster and an utter plebe when it comes to meat.
>>taste the meat not the heat
Go fuck yourself, Hank.

You lose the fucking flavor. You lose texture. you lose the juices. You lose mouthfeel and for what?

So you get to chew on beef jerky?

Why waste a good piece of meat on that shit?

You know what a well done steak lacks? FAT, MARBLING, where do you think most of the flavor comes from?

The juice (which has evaporated myoglobin) and the fat.

Learn to fucking cook before you call someone else a barbarian you god damned savage.

For fucks sake if you honestly dont know. Go to a steakhouse and ask for them to cook you two steaks, one well done and one medium rare.

Fuck off Blumpf

Its dry as fuck

hard to chew

and can become a piece of charcoal

This. When I grew up, I always said that steak like that tastes like bubblegum without the appeal of bubblegum.

>Our Commander-In-Chief unironically eats his steaks well-done with ketchup

What a fucking joke this country has become.

Or you can be like Trump, and have your steak well-done and with ketchup.

>hard to chew
Are you fucking 80 years old nigga?

Trumpmind.

There's a difference between well done, medium well, medium, medium rare, and rare you know.

god this man has terrible taste

But we all know bruce has pleb tastes.

i like well done steak like batman

Americans can't into raw meat.

no, but I'd certainly like to be finished with my steak before then

a steak that's brown all the way through but still has some juices and texture.
Or for those that can't cook, the sole of a boot

If I'm paying for or cooking it I'll eat my steak how I want.
If someone else wants to open their mouth they can open their wallet or man the grill.

What's more American than putting ketchup on everything?

i ask tumblr politely yet firmly to go away

just put some ketchup on it

he was almost certainly just trying to avoid getting food poisoning from this shitty restaurant

The joke there isn't that Bruce prefers Well Done, it's that he doesn't trust this place to do a steak done properly, and he's justified in that when they screw his order up anyways

>not eating Medium Rare chicken

Enjoy your heart attack

This triggers the third worlder

Only one way I like my steak - cut off its hooves and wipe its asshole.

>I'm not a goddamn barbarian
>he doesn't live in a place clean enough to be able to eat raw meat without worrying about diseases

well done steak from the best tenderloin tastes about the same as some burned leftovers

you literally can't feel the structure and nuanced taste of good meat if it's cooked more than medium

1: DRY AS FUCK
2: BURNT TASTE
3: LOST IRON
4: Only plebs, retards, and women eat well done. Real men go for rare, black and blue, or if you're really manly: RAW.

No clue. I know Outback made a good one when I was there a while back. But personally, I prefer fully cooking my steaks with teriyaki and steak seasoning.

>Pansy. Black and blue is the best form of steak.

Who invited all these pussies? A real man eats it RAW.

The ending of Kingdom Come really is something else. First suffering, then comfiness.

>gee this piece of cake sure is moist and tasty, I bet it would taste even better if I left it out for a few days to get stale and scraped all the frosting off

I eat raw beef at least twice a week. PURE, UNADULTERATED PROTEIN YOU SISSIFIED PLEBS.

Beef steak is overrated. Lamb is way better

nice

1. Tougher
2. Less flavor
3. Less juice
4. The biggest reason: rare steak requires high quality, tender cuts, good refrigeration, and excellent hygiene; you're pretty much a card carrying pleb if you have to cook your steak well done to make it edible.
5. Due to the above, rare steak if common in cities, semi-common in suburbs, and rare (huh hyuk) in the backwoods.

Oh look, we got a high end, muscle eater here. So fancy. Bet you're too much of a pussified faggot to try HAGGIS

Grandpa? When did you learn how to use the computer?!

Steak tartare is the only way to eat meat.

Quads of SHIT TASTE. Get the FUCK out.

>not getting salmonella
feels good man

>well done
>not having juice and flavor
Maybe if you don't know how to cook

>wipe it's asshole

But that's where all the flavour is!

>Hurrr durrrrr well done meat is bad

God you people need to get a life

It is though. Well done steak will actually give you cancer.

He also doesn't believe in exercise.

I like to have sex with my steak.

>A steak thread
>Not a single vegan faggot in sight
Nice.

This the only thing i would disagree with my president on. Everything else such as getting rid of Obamacare, lowering taxes, and making it easier to start a business i outright support.

Reminder that if you order a well done steak at a restaurant even slightly more classy than a TGI Fridays, the cooks will perceive it as an insult, use the shittiest cut they have, burn it to shoe leather, and probably spit on it.

So how do you prefer your steak: wet aged, dry aged, or not aged?

>tfw eat my steak well done with ketchup

>For fucks sake if you honestly dont know. Go to a steakhouse and ask for them to cook you two steaks, one well done and one medium rare.

a high quality (re: $$$) steakhouse may even flat-out refuse to cook a well-done steak.

Try blue. You'll love the blood dripping off your lips.

>tfw eating well done burgers off the charcoal grill while reading this thread

Can you really trust a guy who can't even eat steak properly to do anything else right?

All these are correct

First TwoScoopsGate and now this? LITERALLY HITLER.

Nice dubquads

No you stupid monkey, MAN discovered fire to fucking use it

Burgers are different cases entirely. They should only have a faint hint of red to them.
Ground Beef =/= Steak

Bruce eats his burgers with knife and fork.
His opinion in any culinary issue is to be disregarded.

If you like steak well done you should just buy the cheapest steak you can find.

You get none of the benefits of high quality meat when you cook it that way.

>those vegan gains!
Someone with an account call him a dumbshit. For me. Please.

Stone aged.

Yeah, but expect to have to tell the chef twice

I wonder what Sup Forums's thoughts are on tipping

I prefer pork and chicken, mostly.

those weren't burgers, those were the briquettes

Now I'm imagining an episode of King of the Hill where Trump visits Texas on his campaign and Hank supports him, but when he's invited to a dinner event and sees that he eats his steak well done Hank begins to become anti-Trump while also hating most actual anti-Trump people.

IIRC most restaurants will give you the shittiest piece of steak they can if you ask for well done, it's going to be so cooked you won't be able to tell the quality of the beef anyway, so the restaurant saves money and the person eating has no idea he just paid full price for subpar beef

It makes it taste better with ketchup, so the corporations can't overcharge you for fancy sauce.

fucking this

my brother used to work at a restaurant and would tell me about this

>KETCHUP!

So what you're saying is that I should never tip.

Needlessly exposing yourself to parasites is cool.

If you want the taste of well done steak, go put ketchup and A-1 sauce on a leather boot and eat that.

>Never had anything but welldone steak.
>If you order it well done, they ask you if you are REALLY SURE
>If you say you are sure, they simply ask again
>Then ask again if you still say you are sure
>Eventually have to let it be prepared welldone to get the steak at all

Oh hey, I hate steak at that. I bet this has nothing to do with the above problem, no sir.

Steaks are meant to be tender and filled with juices, cooking it well done robs it of that.

If you don't want juice in your meat, then eat fucking jerky or fish.

I mean does anyone disagree that
Charcoal > Propane?

Propane is just more convenient.

Bullshit.

What the fuck.

15% if the service isn't god awful. I always do it for pizza because I know they do horrendous things to my order if I don't.

Burgers are meant to be well done. Ground Beef allows for the entirety of the meat to be exposed to germs before cooking, meaning that you're basically letting yourself open to getting sick. Steak doesn't allow for that, meaning that it's fine being medium rare to blue,

Underrated

Is there a problem?

C'mon guys, we aren't being the best people he knew we could be.

They need to be well-done. With ketchup.

It isn't already easy to start a business in America?

enjoy your salmonella

I'm not even in this argument and I feel ashamed of myself.