If it was revealed that Pink Diamond actually commited suicide by using Rose Quartz as a proxy...

If it was revealed that Pink Diamond actually commited suicide by using Rose Quartz as a proxy, wouldn't it be fucked up or what?

Why wouldn't she just hang herself then

Oh, please, no. At this point, the topic I least want Steven Universe to handle is suicide.

how about menstruation

Cannot self-terminate.

Rose is Pink Diamond

r e m i n d e r

>Pink Diamond created the Rose Quartz gems with the intent of creating the very first self-questioning gem
>the first Rose Quartz (Steven's mother) was PD's personal bodyguard
>Rose saw the beauty of Earth, and she didn't want to see it destroyed
>she started filling PD's mind with ideas of leaving the Earth colony, or possibly finding a way to colonize Earth without destroying the planet's ecosystem
>PD brought these ideas up to the other diamonds, who vehemently objected
>PD sparks the idea of Rose Quartz fighting off the colonists, rebelling against the diamond authority
>gem war begins, but it starts off rough, Rose managed to gather some revolutionaries but not enough to fight off Homeworld
>PD, saddened by the destruction she's brought onto the world, hatches a last resort
>to scare the other diamonds and act as a morale boost for the rebellion, PD and Rose would stage the shattering of Pink Diamond
>Rose is reluctant, but PD convinces her that it's the only way

Nah PD killed herself because she was bullied.

>if they took the most obvious route, wouldnt that be suprising! :O
neck yourself stevenfag

i wouldn't say it's the most obvious. Most people expect that another Diamond did it.

>wouldn't it be fucked up or what?

I guess?

What a great way to introduce anti bullying themes

so does rose just naturally have human skin

i get human skin is like "pinkish" yeah but not really

But why?

I'm legitimately curious, the show has proven itself on various occasions that it is able to handle mature topics.

Poorly. It handles mature topics poorly.

It handles them well enough fampai

I guess.

>is able to handle mature topics.

Can you give me an example?

Unhealthy and abusive relationships.
Remember Malachite?

>relationships

They didn't really have a relationship beyond "Help me get bigger and destroy the CGs" and "You are my prisioner now!", im sure there's some subtext about how that's an unheanthy and abusive relationship, but in my opinion that's lost by the actual things that's precented to the viewer. I guess what im trying to say here is, what's the real world counterpart the audience has to take away from this? Theres some kind of relationship, their temporary alliance and the fact that they fused, and there's some kind of abuse, being tied to the ocean floor and the forced fusion, but how exactly does that add up to a real world abusive relationship? Their "Relationship" is at best hold by a string, Jasper wants a tactical advantage and Lapis wants a punchingbag, there's absolutely no reason for them to care for eachother, at best that's the relationship of an asshole boss and a bootlicking employee, that's a relationship only by definition of "These people know eachother and do things together".

I don't know, i never felt like there was any kind of affection between them and i never thought they had a reason to do so, one wanted to kill the other's best and only friend before they had any kind of contact and the other basically kidnap her and torture her for months, i can't even argue she had stockholm syndrome becouse she never broke her stance, she just wanted be stronger.

The show can handle such topics, the fanbase can't. If SU does suicide the internet will become an even more horrific shitstorm than usual.

This actually gave me seizure.
I'm not even epileptic or OP.
But I want this gif dead.

I wouldn't be surprised at all by PD pulling a Dumbledore with Rose as her Snape.

>Pink Diamond starts her first colony
>Her sisters give her inauguration gifts
>She gets a Pearl from her eldest sister, a beautiful White Pearl
>Pink Diamond creates many new gems
>But Earth is a strange world and it produces gems which are a little bit... off
>One of the gems loves her home world so much she argues colonization should be reconsidered because it's destroying the ecosphere
>Things get out of hand
>To PD's astonishment, her loyal Pearl joins the rebellion
>Apparently she fell in love with the rebel leader
>Centuries of battle follow
>PD is filled with doubt
>She is incensed at her rebellious creations, but at the same time finds their notions strangely compelling
>Finally, peace talks are held
>Can a compromise be reached?
>As she accedes to Rose Quartz' terms that colonization will be suspended until a way is found to exploit Earth in a way that's sustainable and spares the local life
>White Pearl springs into action
>Finally, the moment for which she was created has arrived
>Should Pink Diamond ever show weakness, she must be shattered
>After the act, White Pearl falls unconscious
>She will remember nothing
>As the Diamonds seek to retaliate, Rose Quartz tells Yellow everything
>Yellow Diamond makes a deal of her own
>Her silence, and the safety of Blue Diamond, in return for Earth's survival
>All Homeworld troops are withdrawn from Earth
>But in the final moments of evacuation, the Diamonds utter a mournful cry
>The song of the Diamonds - Power, intelligence and knowledge, unrestrained by the element their sister should provide: Love
>It corrupts all gems left on Earth except Rose Quartz and her closest allies

Lowest hanging fruit is that yello-D did the murdering.

So it's gonna be that.

No, White Diamond did it to preserve the integrity of the Diamond Authority when Pinky started to waver. Yellow covered it up because she knew Blue would never accept it. (Yellow loves Blue; she also loved Pink, but what's done is done. She even loves White, but she's also terrified of her).

White is corrupted and staying inside her gem.

We saw her way back in ep 8.

...That seems very unlikely. Why would she be on Earth?

White Diamond poofed all of PD's Rose Quartz gems and made her bubble all of them herself.

White Diamond did 9/11

I'm pretty sure Rose is going to turn out to be the bad guy, at least a little bit. I'll greentext a bit if anyone is interested.

Rose shattered PD for her own intentions. You can argue she was trying to protect the earth, but Rose murdered her. PD was actually the most caring of the diamonds though. Everything related to PD is flowery and full of life. Even the humans in the Zoo hadn't even experienced pain or hurt until Steven arrived. And hell, look at how Jasper reacted to Steven.

PD likely saved the defective gems, despite protests from the other diamonds. She saw value in every gem, even defective ones. She she the reason Padparadscha wasn't shattered. Her views probably upset people on her court as well. Her protectors weren't very inclined to help her because they disagreed with her on defective gems (and probably fusion too). I think Rose shattered PD to save earth, but ironically Rose destroyed the only defense thousands of defective gems had. Wouldn't it be fucked if thousands of gems were shattered because Rose destroyed the only diamond who stood up for them?

>not a green text i know

It will be revealed that all of Earth's cocaine comes from her shards.

Seriously though, where are the PD's shards?

The only "mature" topic they consistently handle is homosexuality.

it's another anime reference

and even then, the gems aren't 'technically' female, or even biological

When is the next episode? Are we on hiatus until next year?

There could be something at SDCC.

Betrayal by Yellow for more power.

We know that the gem has some kind of specific trust or positive relationship with Rose Quartz, because the pyramid with all the faces on top of the pillar rotated to a smiling one right before it released the gem to Steven. And look at the design on the pillar- that's clearly a stylized Yellow holding the gem aloft, look at the neck. Also, the gem is a huge, white, table-cut classic diamond shape.

However, how can White Diamond be corrupted when she was along with the rest of the Diamonds, launching the corruption?

bump

>"Yellow Diamond sends her regards."

What if PD died on the operating table, and Rose was just the doctor trying to remove corruption caused by YD and BD.

How corruption started in the first place? Or who started it? Was it ever talked about in the show?

I thought it's the WMD used by the Diamonds against the gems on earth. The "song" from Centipeetle's story corrupted the gems.