With anime, there is far too many to watch

With anime, there is far too many to watch.

But for western cartoons, there are far too few and far between.

Why can't the west collectively churn out new series seasonally like the Japanese?

because unions

COnsidering that 90% of anime are just the same shit and MOE has taken control of the anime industry, I am glad we only get cartoons when they actually put thought into it.

Because most westerners aren't human work machines like Asians. Those guys have one hell of a work ethic.

>implying starfire is a cool beauty

Maybe because there isn't a cultural impetus to dull the minds of Americans with an infinite supply of juvenile distractions to keep them mollified and happy with the inevitable socioeconomic implosion they're facing as their useful workers age out of the workforce and are supported by NEET worthless eaters.

Labor cost
I still dont know why disney wont outsource all their cartoons to the east since its cheap labor

The big difference is that Japanese studios are allowed and expected to work their employees to death for inadequate pay because it's part of the culture over there. It's pretty much the exact opposite of the way American studios do business. Not that Americans don't work hard, animation is challenging, time-consuming work no matter where it's being done, but here, there tends to be a line drawn where the workers can so "okay, quitting time, let's call it a day and pick this back up on tomorrow/on Monday". The work/life balance is a more closely valued concept in the west than it is in the east.

>when they actually put thought into it.

You don't really believe this do you?

more than anime

But that exact scenario happens in burgerland too, the diference is that they still like to fuck eachother.

>more than anime

You don't really believe this do you? I don't even want to start a east vs west discution but, dude, come on.

i do a good example would be isekai-shit clones

He is right though, anime is just the same cliches over and over again

Even if 90% of anime is shit, that leaves the 10% which is far more than what the west has.

because japan a shit
just like that hack director who blew all his budget so the last part of the movie is not in color

Oh boy is it time to bully Sup Forumsfags that don't watch anime?

Something no one in this thread as mentioned.

In the after math of worldwar 2 japan invested MASSIVELY in its animation industry as a way to create jobs, it worked out and has continued.

Japan has a huge animation industry even though its such a small country.

>mob psycho
>good example
whew i thought you were serious for a second

>Good example
No, that is simply 6 shows that were airing at the same from anime and cartoons

Even I don't particularly like anime, but I can admit it does have much nicer looking artstyle than most modern west cartoons have now; they're just awful looking.
The only decent looking modern cartoon I can think of off the top of my head is Archer.

oh so its an example of shitty anime and cartoons? ok then i agree with you there

Most are just a forgettable 12 episodes promoting a light novel that would be the equivalent of high school fiction writing.

But that would never happen in English because we have higher standards on presentation and execution, format, pages counts. To get in, you'd have to develop your skills until your 30+ or rich enough to pay someone to make your ideas presentable.
High risk. Low success rate.

>have much nicer looking artstyle
subjective

>Modern Anime
>Trace Manga
>Animate between

>Modern Cartoons
>Trace StoryBoard
>Force Koreans to Animate between

Same Cancer different story

>Archer
>Tweening
>Decent

Sure pal, your opinion is duly noted

Yeah, fads exist, there was a point were everyone wanted to be ren and stimpy remember? But that wasn't the point of the discution, the point "we only get cartoons when they actually put thought into it" and that's a fucking lie dude.

I think user's post is supposed be comparing the artstyles of modern cartoons vs. modern anime. Regardless of writing, it's the animation/artstyle that's being compared.

>why can't the west churn out the exact same show with no substance hundreds of times a year like the japanese?
ftfy

Japan has as many actually new shows as the West. Everything else is a clone that makes even the AT clones look like drastically different shows.

Moe ruined anime. Same as over the top fan service but at least I can fap to that.

>With anime, there is far too many to watch.
Because modern anime is like mlp, gi joe or transfromers except that its just commercials for novels instead of toys

>Yeah, fads exist, there was a point were everyone wanted to be ren and stimpy remember?
yes but compare the amount of copycats from western cartoons to anime and you'll see why anime has such a huge output

Whats the second to last anime?

I can agree with that, but you have to admit that the modern cartoons on the right have far less detail or effort put into them.

I wasn't referring to Archer's animation style, just the art direction of the show in general.
If Archer were traditionally animated, it would be a GOAT tier looking show to me.

>why can't the west churn out the exact same show with no substance hundreds of times a year like the japanese?
>unlike western cartoons that are totally diferent and have with plenty of substance

>far less detail or effort put into them.
labor cost and unions

A non butthurt answer is
they can pull from multiple other things to make an adaptation of like VNs, other games, manga, LN and other shit on top of their being multiple studios that can make original shows that aren't adaptations etc the west does have a lot of cartoons but few of them get greenlit

The west also has 3D cartoons. For better or worse that adds a whole new... dimension.

Is that fruit jesus?

>>Modern Anime
>Trace Manga
>Animate between

Oh boy you must be embarrassed because only two of those six are manga adaptions, the other four are original works.

>they can pull from multiple other things

But everything pulls from the same small well of Japanese culture that has been milked dry decades ago. The only time anime is really different is when they borrow western elements.

Probably because Anime is seen as more than just for Kids, unlike Cartoons which are seen as something for children, unless it's crude adult humor.

Isnt Mob Psycho a web comic even? One with terrible art?

Because japanese studios embrace neets and fujoshis and cater to them since they see their market potential while the west shuns them

>Cartoons
>Look worse, animate worse, and you only get like one new one a year, most still end up being shit
>Anime
>Look better, animate better, you get about a HUNDRED new ones a year, and about 10% of that is great stuff which ends up being more than the west gets

name a dozen examples of western cartoons in the moeshit style. or even just the 'slice of life' style that seems equally popular despite literally having no purpose except to be cute moments strung together?

Western cartoons might have some dumb young teen action cartoons, but at least the point isnt LITERALLY to string moments together into a vaguely coherent story

>japan
>original
top jej

I think Mob was officially published

This picture makes me really happy.

>tfw anime will never top early Spongebob

Anime animates better half the time. Most of the time it's static images of scenery or people standing completely still with moving mouths.

That other half is still far more and far better than the west.

Same can be said for western animation, of course things are different when they move out the norm

That is Kamen Rider

Because western animation tends to have a definitive ending while anime just stops after 1 or 2 seasons without really concluding anything

Honestly I'm not seeing the point this is trying to make.

>Same can be said for western animation
I agree but not in the same degree and frequency as anime

its a example of bad cartoons/anime

Both Anime and Cartoons make a majority of their money from merchandising. Anime merchandising sells better because of adult otakus, where as childrens toys sell less and less as kids are less and less interested in toys. Also both the quality and price of the Anime merchandise is higher than the cartoons.

when's season 3 user?

this is a nice starfire.

eromine pls go

Clarence, Gumball, Adventure Time, King of the Hill, American Dad, Hey Arnold, Bob's Burgers, Recess, Home Movies, Beavis and Butt-Head, The Weekenders, Rockos Modern Life, Cat Dog

Kamen Rider Fruit Jesus?

>Only moeshit and slice of life can be devoid of substance

Nice try, that's besides the point, prove western cartoons are totally diferent and have plenty of substance or get out.

Because the west writes original stories instead of adapting every single manga. In terms of creativity, Japanese animation is even worse than German animation and that says a lot. Sure, it looks nice but you could as well just read the manga

KAAAARRRUUROOOOOSUUUUU

There's your answer, Unions drive up costs and all we have to show for it are a few less employees working themselves to death.

But seriously, Unions ARE the key driving factor in increased production costs and anime tends to be a more collaborative effort when it comes to the number of players/sponsorship involved. Japan also has a culture even heavier on consumerism than what the US or EU could imagine, with a steady sale of figures, CDs, and exuberantly priced Blue-ray further fueling the constant flow of new anime.

Meanwhile Cartoon Network airs a cartoon like Young Justice with solid production qualities but with a budget multiple times higher than your average anime's, and because it couldn't sell enough toys, appealed too much to girls, or some other bullshit the suits decided to kill it along with it's entire block by doing to ol' schedule shuffle. I just can't understand the reasoning of western network executives.

That's the most ass backwards statement I've read recently. There's plenty of anime that comes out regularly which has a planned ending vs western cartoons which tend to be more episodic.

This guy gets it.

Is there a real difference between Sitcoms and Slice of Life?

>if it's based on a creative property it isn't creative
Fucking stupid.

>talking shit about based german animation

Even if we ignore adaptions (Which we shouldn't, that's abristary as fuck and shows how desperate you are) anime still has far more than the west in terms of creativity and numbers.

>Is there a real difference between Sitcoms and Slice of Life?
They're basically the same thing.

How is quantity over quality a good thing? The most of any media is forgettable garbage, it doesn't matter if Japanese produce it more. Or are you that a kind of guy who picks up 10+ anime shows per season and considers himself a pro anime critic?

>That's the most ass backwards statement I've read recently. There's plenty of anime that comes out regularly which has a planned ending vs western cartoons which tend to be more episodic.
I mean cartoons tend to stretch it out into multiple seasons since it doesnt have a manga of ln to fallback on while anime can just end in 1 or 2 since its usually treated as an intro to the manga or ln

>How is quantity over quality a good thing

That's the thing, anime has both.
It has more shit shows, sure, but it has more good shows as well, it has more of everything, which is good for consumers.

>Japanese """"creativity""""

>anime still has far more than the west in terms of creativity
That's why every other anime has generic as fuck writing and abysmal pacing, amirite

Well when you're comparing 80 shows to 2 shows the 80 shows is going to have more quality shows. Not sure if you grasp the scale at play here.

So basically the shopkeeper from Link's Awakening?

Well, the creativity isn't present in the characters, plot, scenery and interactions. Only creative thing about anime is really just the animation, and thats not that much.

>lvl 999 skeleton
>lvl 999 goblin
>lvl 999 slime
>lvl 999 captured princess
>now a lvl 999 villager

>it doesn't matter if Japanese produce it more

Actually it matters a lot, if 90% of anime and cartoons are garbage and only 10% are great then there's a big fucking diference, becouse the 10% of 100 is 10 (cartoons) and the 10% of 1000 is 100 (anime). Even if you go by the absurd metric that 90% of cartoons are god tier then that's still a few inches below the east.

It's not my fault you don't watch anime.
How many psychological thriller cartoons are out there again?

How many romances cartoons are out there?
How many mystery cartoons are out there?

There are genres that literally do not exist in the western animation industry anymore, and you're going to say anime lacks creativity?

You really are behind times? Moe isnt thing anymore, isekai is new hot shit

>liking the 3 shittiest genres
theres a reason theyre dead and thats because all 3 just keeps repeating the same tropes over and over again especially romance anime

These threads are always a fucking mess because it consists of

Group A: People who watch anime AND cartoons
vs
Group B: People who just watch cartoons

Obviously the retards in B are going to be shit on every time, we don't have the materials needed for an actual discussion.

>It's not my fault you don't watch anime.
I do watch anime, and you won't find any other anime like Kaiji/Akagi. A good animated psychological triller is extremely rare, these don't come out every season or even a year.
Who cares about genres if the actual writing ends up being average? I'd rather get another isekai with decent writing over pretentious shit like PsychoPass.

>Basically every modern cartoon is "comedy/(x)"
>Says anime isn't creative

>Who cares about genres if the actual writing ends up being average?

What percentage do they make compared to the generic stuff? How often do those kinds of shows come out? Are you really willing to say that even those niche titles don't borrow heavily from their predecessors?

Maybe we like arguing, user? What's wrong with flinging shit at each other on an anonymous image board in the middle of the night/morning/day/possibly evening for some people?

>actual discussion.

The discution ended with this guy that gave the legit answer to OP's question, this is now just a East vs West thread and i think that was what OP's wanted all along

There is nothing wrong with slice of life genre when it is not high school shit. Aria is great example of this

Who cares about percentage of whats shit?
See
You can easily ignore the shit, while still enjoying the good.
Cartoons just simply don't have as much good

Rage of Bahamut

ended with >not

Please, more pixelation. It helps your point.

Shit

French Cartoons>Shit >>>>>American and Japanese Cartoons>>>>The city state of canadian animation

>Implying its not the exact same thing

>You can easily ignore the shit, while still enjoying the good.

So enjoy like one good anime a season that you can accurately see every twist coming from a mile away? Even the ones with twists are predictable with their twists because they keep taking them from other anime!

I wish I was like you user, I wish every anime seemed fresh and new to me as well.