MARVEL'S #LEGACY

What do you think about this, Sup Forums?
What is Marvel going with this?
Why do half-Rebirth half-random shit with all the books?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/70291737649/why-is-marvel-terrified-no-dare-i-say-petrified
brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/70585716561/tom-loved-your-answer-on-the-whole-numbering
youtube.com/watch?v=btCKtQmN49w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What is Marvel going with this?
Fuck it up - that's what Marvel generally does nowadays.

As long as Gwenpool and Moon Knight are good I will just continue to enjoy rebirth

Glad you guys like our new approach. If you've left for awhile, now's a great jumping on point. Lets make a Brand New Legacy @Marvel, and let's do it TOGETHER; old fans, new fans, and creators. Lets MAKE EVERYONE'S MARVEL!

-Love, Sana.

>Fall of Parker

Wow, I'm sure excited to see Slott throw more shit in Pete's face.

That terrifies me.

This is fucking nothing until I see creative teams.

As it stands it seems like more of the same shit but with a nostalgic paint job to disguise more of the same shit

I want to rage at this on twitter but does Sharia allow it?

Eh, we should wait for creative teams. There is nothing to discuss now.

Do Marvel ever tell us who thei creative teams are anymore? Does it just not matter

Its no different then the recent comics creative haws not changed. So expect it to be irredeemable shit except for maybe 2. The whole thing is a gimmick homage cover thing to try and drum up sales.

Also you keep making these marketeer threads.

They have figured out you dont like their creative teams so no theyll try and avoid that topic.

Look at those lineup of books. Does it look like anything is going to change?

>What do you think about this, Sup Forums?
It's the same shit packaged with a homage variant.

An obvious cashgrab from a currently talentless company to part the money from their few remaining fans.

>Why do half-Rebirth half-random shit with all the books?
Because Rebirth worked but they're too incompetent and too greedy to understand why, so insencere half-measures is the best they can do.

I'm somewhat interested to see what the apparent timeskip in RYV will bring.

>no Captain America
Dropped.

>>no Captain America for now
ftfy

I would just like to point out what Tom Brevoort said about all this over 3 years ago

>brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/70291737649/why-is-marvel-terrified-no-dare-i-say-petrified
>brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/70585716561/tom-loved-your-answer-on-the-whole-numbering

Emphasis mine
>We’ve gone over this in great detail recently, but just to sum up: the numbering really isn’t important in and of itself. Its only import is what you place on it. No other serial publications carry a number on them that is of any weight to their readership. The number is there to serve a function, but it has no intrinsic value in and of itself. It’s comfort food and nostalgia at best.

Digging their own grave.

>tom loved your answer on the whole numbering debate dont neccessalty agree with it 100 percent but accept it , but just an aside how hard would it be to put the legacy number if not on the cover in the creator credit box, recap page or letter column, even long running tv shows ie simpsons, and a bunch of others actually give you the episode number at the end credits if you watch closely and even some long running magazines ie EW, SI have the big number included on their cover somewhere

>We tried this ten years ago, and we screwed it up about as often as we got it right. So it became a bigger hassle than it was worth, quite honestly–doing it didn’t sell us any additional comics, it just made some fans slightly happier, and it took more man-hours to get right every month than you would expect (and as I say, we got it wrong a lot.) So while it sounds like a very simple thing, it’s really something that proved to be not worth the time we were spending on it. Far better to devote those energies to what was going on between the covers.

kek

Rumor has it that Mark Waid and Chris Samnee are relaunching it.

Waids too crazy these days. Samnee would be a treat though. Did they tell the story they wanted on Black Widow? It was kind of shitty.

I kind of feel that's unneeded. I mean, it almost feels like they aged her up to keep pedos away.

this is kind of atrocious

It's a comic cover, even worse a Marvel comic cover. I would take what it says with a grain of salt.

>Did they tell the story they wanted on Black Widow? It was kind of shitty.
I liked the first issue; but it was pretty "meh" after that.

Have you seen the current Nick Fury ongoing? It's basically what would happen if Shaft were James Bond ( which is awesome ); but it's a pretty good example, in terms of super-spy shenanigans, of what I was expecting in a Black Widow comic rather than what we got.

>current Nick Fury
There's nothing about Nick Fury "junior" that interests me. He's one of the most contrived examples of movie synergy in the history of comic books.

>tfw all the titles on my pull list aren't getting reset to 1 and haven't been canceled
Pretty cool actually, looking forward to seeing what comes from this, though on the other hand, I'm not looking forward to an 8 year time skip in RYV.

I only care about Moon Knight tbqh.

>Incredible Hulk isn't Bruce
>Iron-man isn't Tony
Literally all they're doing is going completely off the rails and now giving the original comic book titles over to their new characters. That is their final "fuck you" to the fans.

The ironman book is about the search for Tony.

Ghost rider (Blaze!! Not robbie.) and blade (without that dumb ass daughter bullshit) are back so that's all that matters.

You REALLY think they're just going to find him and make him the main character? Not happening.

Yes, then they'll give Riri her own book, it's what always happens.

If you think mantle changes are here to stay..wow. I got a list of mantle changes since the 80's that didn't last.

Eric Thor, Sam-Cap, Ben as SpiderMan, Teen Tony, multiple Jim as Iron man runs, Bucky Cap. Etc etc.

You actually think they are going to ditch these new mantles this quick into their life cycle? wow.

Come on, just rip off Gwen's hoodie. mask + open hair is lame.

>The Midnight King returns to Earth
>Black Bolt comes back to Earth before the rest of the family

Who is he going to hang out with?

>Mark "#Woke as fuck" Waid on a book with America in the title

What could possibly go wrong?

He's in a coma. Where would he go?

His body is kidnapped.

>Daredevil #595 - Mayor Fisk
w-what?

>U.S.Avengers #11
>Cannonball Run

Is this one of those JoJo References the kids are always on about?

It is referencing the thing JOJO was referencing

Oh shoot, my reference game is weak.

Would be an upgrade over Gabby Rivera.

The rumor is Coates on Captain America.

Didnt he make that unbelievably bad blm comic? Fuck marvel for the year.

Rich messed up, he actually meant Donny Cates.

Thank god her padding are gone

A new version of soidergirl.

Anyway 8 years jump so 15 now?

The arc is called "8 Years Later"

>not having Ultimates^2 on your pull list
You are part of the problem.

>Who is he going to hang out with?
I hope him and Creel get a beer. Also Karnak and Triton are still around.

Johnny Storm.

Wilson Fisk gets elected Mayor of NYC. Frankly, I think he'd make a good Mayor.

Axed book.. No one cares about ewings canon wank.

He writes terrible generic humans.

diamondback & songbird aren't black lesbians? they are now

I wish they get the legacy characters right this time.

The only ones that is like nova, Kamala (sometime), Ghost rider (I don't think he counts because he is just using the name of it), Gwenpoole, Hulk, also vision daughter.

Black Lives Marvel

Too bad blacks don't read

That fucking writing hurts my eyes. Does that count as visual terrorism?

Waid is literately cancer, Avengers, Champions and killing the Archie line

I don't see why not. She is advocating conquest of a sovereign nation

A shame bout her religion though, I think she's hot. What's her nationality anyway?

If this is the case then just fucking bring back Spider-Girl.

She doesn't identify as a national, only Islam via sharia rule.

She is hot though.

>Far better to devote those energies to what was going on between the covers.
Then they noticed that focussing on what's between the covers was actually hard, so they went right back to number 1 gimmicks and once that failed, right back to number crunching.

Could be good or could be bad depending, Waid has a good handle on Steve even though he makes him a bit old man cranky.

But Steve is a whitey

Fuck, Marvel should just offer Cap to Priest again without Falcon like he wanted and just let him work his magic on him.

They should have better planned it.

Books like Peter Parker Spider-Man, Duggan's GotG, Iceman, Jean Grey, etc should have been reserved for Legacy they have more new books.

It's the fall of Parker Industries.

Debuting too many new books at once is a bad thing, and I doubt it'd give them any boost. Legacy is going to be DOA just like All New All Different Marvel and Marvel Now!

#makeminecancelled

>Secret Warriors vs Mr.Sinister

Sinister: I will trick Karnak into impregnating this female clone of Scott summers. Age that baby up and have it fuck Teen Jean.

>Linda Sarsour
I don't even need to read it to understand how much of a dipshit Amanat is.

I haven't kept up with Panther. I remember the first 2 issues being alright though. How's it going now?

I know his other 2 books have been shitty.

She wants white cocks desu.

Marvel never intended to do anything remotely new until 2018 when they'll relaunch again.

But the success of Rebirth and the increasing retailer backlash against their current line meant they had to find some way to pretend they were doing something new.

So they slap a "Rebirth" label on the same stories by the same teams.

It's not actually the worst idea because it's better than when they slap a new #1 on an issue of the same run. Unfortunately, Marvel's rollout was so bad that everyone, even the comics media, could see what was going on and that they were trying to portray the same old shit as something new.

Most of the actual titles would have been the same anyway because most of what Marvel or DC can do any more is a story that is sort of like an older story, but different.

Marvel citizens are clinically retarded indeed

Just like real life people.

Is Marvel Two in One just going to be Johnny and Ben, or will be like the old one where Ben had a new partner every arc?

Ben and johnny with random hero of the month. Then we find out about Reed and Sue.

Who will be aged up and perma retired.

Yes.

The best part of that is Kumail Nanjiani making a sarcastic comment and not having any of it.

I knew there was a reason I liked that guy.

>America
>Captain Marvel
>Jane Fostershit
>Anything starring a Bendis OC
>O5 X-Shit
>Gwenshit
>Shithumans

Getting Moon Knight and nothing else.

Thisthisthisthisthisthisthis, please.

Wait what? Did i fucking miss something here?

>>Gwenshit
>lumping gwen with those things
Do you know how I know you haven't read Gwenpool?

Everyone has read it user. The marketeers spam it here constantly.

I doubt marketers would be so un-self-aware as to go full waifufag over her.

It's easy to pretend to be a waifu fag. Just post conistently and use the common phrases (cute! CUTE!, etc)

The people doing that are shitposters, not shills.

It's going to be the same creative teams.

>CHANGED THE COMICS INDUSTRY

>Legal Annie

youtube.com/watch?v=btCKtQmN49w

That implies she was born here, which doesn't make her an immigrant. Do these fags not know how that shit works?

>ASM: Fall of Parker

>SSM: Most Wanted.

Jesus Marvel, I mean, I hated Parker Industries too. But do you /really/ have to go /that/ route again?

Oh well, maybe Punished Peter will hook up with Cat again?