I got excited but then i got disapointed quickly

i got excited but then i got disapointed quickly

Which point?

i got excited for something new thats scott pilgrim related
but was dissapointed when it turned out to be a game

What did you expect? A new series of graphic novels?

There is something about the art of Scott Pilgrim that doesn't please me.
Does the writing do the series any justice? Will I like the books if I were to try to read a few issues?

OP describing his sex life?

Oh no, not Scott Pilgrim. Anything but Scott Pilgrim!

Why does Scott Pilgrim look like Season 4 Steven Universe chibi-fied?

the creator is a fan?

So i really like Scott Pilgrim, I think it's one of the better graphic novels I have read. Can anyone please tell me their opinion on why they dislike it?

I didn't like Scott Pilgrim but I didn't hate it. The protagonist is such a soggy wet noodle that I couldn't think of a reason to keep reading about him so ultimately I found it really boring.

valid point. I somewhat disliked Scott on the basis that he was a bit too passive on his goals in the beginning. Granted, it was intentional and later on he does have initiative but it takes him a good half if not more of the story to actually have any growth (from what i remembered, at least).

It's a pretty standard indie "I'm sad and also relationship problems" stuff mixed in with video game references that were cool at the the time but have gotten really, really worn out post GEEK CULTURE. So I think it was really interesting when it was released but has aged fairly poorly since then.

I think that's with most of O'Malley's works. Most recently with snotgirl with the whole social media thing, most of his work is meant for a specific moment of time.

Bretty bad sameface going on, and the ears look fucked up

I think the art of Scott Pilgrim as well as the humor was one of those major roots in inspiring a lot of modern internet artists, permeating through a lot of webcomics and such. It was really fresh and entertaining when it came out, still is to me, I love it, but it subtly inspired a lot of modern garbage. That's only just my observation though.

You're absolutely right it's inspired a lot of modern day indie stuff, I just realized this though. Huh. Care to elaborate more?

>Hipstery Slice of Life
>Urban Adventure/Fantasy
>Video Game references
>Geeky references
>Meta Humor

I feel it spearheaded a shit ton of these modern themes which is undeniably common in most of modern made fiction and art, particularly webcomics. The artstyle as well. Really simple, soft and round which is incredibly deep rooted in a lot of styles you see when you browse around sites like tumblr, not that it's inherently bad. I could be wrong.

No, I agree completely with your observations, even if I'm still in that mode of just realizing all of this. Too bad so many works focus on points 1 and 3-5 to their detriment. Point 2 will always be able to be done decently enough since "urban adventures" will always be fresh since urban areas are always evolving themselves.

I really like Scott Pilgrim in and of itself as well, but I was its target age of early-mid 20s when it came out and finished and I've not read it since in fear of finding nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

There's only 6 books, it's not a long read.
It's a pretty good slice of life comic that goes into some absurd places.
But Scott Pilgrim himself is a fucking asshole who is completely lost with his own motivation and drive for most of the series.
It's completely intentional but, a lot people still dislike it only because of the incredibly unlikable main character. And that's an acceptable opinion to have,

It still holds up. People remember the crazy lung fu stuff but forget the solid character building.

Does this have original art or is it stuff from the comic?

>game

Next time, please specify card game, because if a new version of the video game came out that'd be amazing.

That videogame was fucking GOAT. Wish it was sold on Steam. The music is fucking amazing.

I wish I had a way to play it again. I played it with a friend with his xbox and i never got the chance to download it myself.