Is Trump president in the Marvel Universe like Obama was?

Is Trump president in the Marvel Universe like Obama was?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uhY9Zxv1-oo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based on your knowledge of current Marvel, take wild guess.

Referred to only as 'POTUS' in Mighty Captain Marvel. I'm not sure if there's been any other reference?

I think so but they haven't mentioned it yet.

Metaphorically.

There was this.

They very rarely ever refer to current presidents by name because of the sliding timescale, at most it's usually just a silhouette if they have the president on panel.

If you asked Marvel, they would say yes, but it probably won't be said in the comics no matter who it is.

>literally everybody fell for the Obama meme in 2008

>When you meme hope so hard you get a Nobel Peace prize before you've even done anything

Course that's more a ding against the people who hand those out rather than the man himself

I'm surprised Ike Perlmutter hasn't forced a Trump / Marvel hero team up.

Man there is not a single panel there that isn't a dumb hamfisted wreck

Why would he? He didn't stop them from doing this

>The moment Trump becomes president, reality is rewritten via cosmic cube shenanigans
Subtle

IIRC Obama himself said he didn't understand why he got the prize.

Something about Guantanamo, if I remember correctly.

Yeah he knew better than the claim he deserved it

>Causes more racial tension than any other recent president
>Makes speeches about events without knowing everything yet
>Syria in general

>Got a nobel peace prize

Holy shit.

Bruh, he got the peace prize before all that

You wanna hate him, be my guest, just remember the order of events

Unlikely SJWs are running Marvel and to them Trump is not their president.

So who is president, then?

They're probably going to avoid showing the President at all for the next 4-8 years. Either that or they'll make the Marvel POTUS a woman. An Arab/Latina woman even? Actually I think I'd prefer if they did that, I could use a good hearty laugh.

Reminder that it is cannon that Donald made a deal with Loki to get elected.

welcome to Spidergwen, were an opportunity to create new and interesting takes on many beloved Marvel characters turns into identity politics bullshit faster than you can say Twitter.

Seriously, every male character that is there is either changed beyond recognition, made evil, or totally irrelevant.

Is there really a reason for Captain America being a black lady in an alternate universe version of Spiderman? Not at all. Does Daredevil need to be the Kingpin instead of a close ally to the main web-slinger?

Why don't they make the villains women too? Why don't they race/gender swap the characters that are usually heroes too?

Long story short, it's fucking disgraceful that Marvel would allow this to be published. Not unexpected, but disgraceful. If it was just "Gwen Stacy got powers instead of Peter Parker", it'd be a million times better, no matter where you stand on issues like this.

(before Sup Forumsmblr comes out of the woodwork and berates me, I'm a liberal, but forcing diversity and cramming in politics like this does no good.)

Sorry guys but Drumpf can never be our President @Marvel.

>Sana Amanat, Marvel’s Director of Content & Character Development, editor and co-creator of the Kamala Khan Ms Marvel character introduced President Obama at a Women’s History Month reception at the White House today.

>Blaze reports that Obama began by thanking and paying tribute to Amanat, saying

>“For a lot of young boys and girls, Sana is a real life superhero,” Obama said after thanking her for the introduction. “We’ve got a lot of them in this room, so I want to acknowledge a couple of them.”

Yeah, Trump sucks. You summed him up perfectly. You messed up though, he didn't get, nor ever will, a peace prize.

Not muh president

Ike knows all the writers are nu-males and if he forced them to tone down the anti-Trump shit or shoehorn pro-Trump shit they would just create a whole twitter fiasco about it and generate negative press which isn't good for his image or Trump's.

I'm glad I don't have to pretend that a comic book writer is my hero because they share a religion or sexual organs with me

I hate trump as much as the next guy(his climate policies are fucking garbage), but doesnt this just devaule the dignity of marvels great villains? Make villains great again marvel

But if Marvel's new audience is numales, shouldn't they start pissing them off to generate buzz over their comics?

Why would you want them to share their sexual organs with you?

sana's a treasure. much cooler than axel and fedora.

Why wasn't there an inauguration issue with Trump? Both Spidey and POTUS are from Queens. They could bond over that. Also, Mister Negative is an illegal immigrant. Trump could help Peter deport him back to Chyyyna.

Because despite controversy provoking sales, and they admit this and even laud this, they still don't want to make or even touch anything that's uncomfortable for themselves.

>MODOK
>dignity
What it really devalues is the quality of the comic when the whole punchline is "haha Trump looks silly"

>Does Daredevil need to be the Kingpin instead of a close ally to the main web-slinger?
That depends, does he still have all of his Daredevil skills? Because while it's a pretty weird change, it kind of sounds cool.

>not thinking a literal giant head isnt fucking awsome
Negro please

>more racial tension than any other recent president

Um children in my local middle school started beating up mexican kids shouting "build the wall' when Trump was elected. Obama kept that shit quiet.

I don't know wtf drugs you're on.

Obama was the least evil politician while still being a scummy politician with his mind on money.

Truth

>not knowing what "not my president" actually means though
>Trump supporters are literally retarded

Generating controversy may be good for Marvel, but not for Ike since the news is going to make him look like a douche and Trump too

Close. He actually used his Nobel speech to say that sometimes war is necessary. He also skipped out on anything but the barest minimum particupation, just flew in for a half hour, gave a speech and went home.

Unless there's a dictate from on high, I imagine they'd do what they did with Nixon and Reagan.

There's no such thing as chaos magic. But if there was, it was definitly running last electoral cycle. We should just blame the scarlet witch.

>Um
And I stopped reading.

For real though: don't type how you speak and don't type for yourself. Use proper English, grammar, punctuation and write for your audience. Write like it's supposed to be read, not said.

It's nigh unreadable otherwise.

>Trump supporters are literally retarded
Wasn't the "Trump supporters are stupid nazies" thing pushed before the election? Look how that turned out

>Both Spidey and POTUS are from Queens. They could bond over that.
Spidey would probably hate him just like everyone else from Queens.

>Um children in my local middle school started beating up mexican kids shouting "build the wall' when Trump was elected.

Did your 8-year-old tell you that?

Obama did that meme thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=uhY9Zxv1-oo
This makes him pop-cultural.
They may use Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau or French President Macron as an alternative, as they are liberal memers as well.

Everyone from Queens hate everyone by default, even other people from Queens

Why? Spidey saves lives. Democrats defend illegals and Muslims who kill people.

#Notallmuslims
#Yesallmen

This. Trump's pretty much always been unpopular across New York. The poor see him as a con man and the elite see him as the wrong kind of con man.

WOW! Sana's Sup Forumstumblr's gal!

No really, in Vote Loki the final page was all about whoever won only did it because they were working with Loki the whole time.

>The poor see him as a con man and the elite see him as the wrong kind of con man.
I am so mad at how accurate this is.

This. If Spidey existed in the real world you know it would be the progressives hating on him. "Did Spider-Man just fatshame Dr. Octavius? Tombstone dingu nuffin! Beating up criminals makes you a sadist! They need rehabilitation, not violence!"

Yeah. I think so too. The left loves to say they're accepting and tolerant, but not to anything they can't contol. They wouldn't embrace the mutants. They'd probably start the Mutant Registration Act.

I'm more angry people are bitching about foreign influence in regards to Trump when nobody cares how much money Clinton got from foreign interests.

Yeah, I'm sure Clinton would have been much harder on the Saudies, who donates tens of millions of dollars to her campaign, than Trump.

To be honest, I don't like a lot of the stuff he's doing either. But I voted for a brick thrown through the Whitehouse window and that's what I got.

I looked it up, and it was part of a colbert report interview thing.

I had forgotten about that. Suprisingly solid work from the McNinja guy. So, what did loki get in return?

>If mutants existed, SJW would start claiming that they are "mutantfluid"

It's ticklish with the left

Minorities get a pass for a lot of bullshit they'd kill white people over. Like how Islam can get away with the Hijab which is literally "Cover up, you whore, or you're going to get raped because it's their culture and they're brown people.

I can't believe no one brought this up, but whatever.

There is no president of the United States in current 616. All control of the country has been relinquished to Steve Rogers.

I love how Sup Forums's wasted no time to use this thread to bitch about "muh liberals!" kek

No

HERE COMES TUMBLR

That art is awful

I doubt they'll reference Trump in comics at all he's WAY too unpopular and divisive with (over?) half the country. It doesn't matter if it's positive, neutral, or negative someone's going to be offended or pissed and it'll be a PR nightmare. It would be for the best to just not even acknowledge his existence if they value their brand.

I think the Batman Beyond episode where a bunch of young people where splicing their DNA with animals and were claiming they were born that way was all too prophetic.

Being fair, Spider-Man has /never/ in his history ever shown any leanings left or right (apart from the Ditko stuff). He comes off more as a centrist these days. Like a teenager who was super into politics, but then grew up to not give a shit anymore (much like his Ditko years to modern day).

>my comic book artists don't agree with my political views waaaaa
Trump supporters are the biggest bitches, I swear to god. You guys won and yet you're never happy. It's never enough to stop you from shitting your pants. You're the worst winners ever.

>causes racial tension
What? By being black?

They seem more than okay with insulting more that half of their audience with the leftist propaganda.

It's a fact.

You're not entitled to them pandering to you.

Can somebody please explain the Sup Forums meme of the guy with the weird cheeks and chin? I keep seeing "Bog" and have no idea what to make of it.

They were literally otherkin. It's just they had the tech to realize their insanity

And with any luck, you'll continue to beat that drum

But you're entitled to them pandering to you?

>STAN LEE PRESENTS:
>THE UNSTUMPABLE TRUMP
>FEATURING MIKE "GOD OF THUNDER" PENCE

Sana's the one that ruined Marvel, right?

>But you're entitled to them pandering to you?
No, they just do it of their own accord. If they did not, I'd be fine with that too, because I'm not a self-entitled shitstain.

Uh oh

I think someone needs a quick rundown...

Not that user, but he didn't say or even imply that he's entitled to being pandered.

And in all honesty, the bigger problem with Marvel isn't "leftist propaganda." It's that their stories are written like utter shit.

>What? By being black?
Look at the polls. Racial division skyrocketing under Obama. And it's not because he was black. He had the perfect opportunity to be a uniter, but he decided to divide everybody with things from "Trayvon could've been my son." to mentioning Ferguson to the United Nations as an example of America's racism, to "The cambridge police acted stupidly" to defending Islam and berating Christians for "clinging to their guns and God" and the Crusades.

>Syria in general

What winning move was there?

>Send in troops
STOP SENDING OUR BOYS TO DIE FOR OTHER NATIONS

>Don't send in troops
WHY WON'T YOU SEND TROOPS TO HELP POOR DYING SYRIANS

>Negotiate deal to get poison gas out of there
WHY DIDN'T YOU BOMB HIM 1@!1

>Train rebels to be proxies
ITS TALIBAN 2.0

Seriously there is no winning move. Just be thankful it wasn't McCain, otherwise he'd of thrown everything and the kitchen sink along with 85% of the US budget at it.

Damn, you called me Tumblr. Absolutely killed me.

He was fucking right about Trayvon and Ferguson. Why can't you people deal with fucking facts? Just because denouncing racism hurts your fee fees doesn't mean it's a bad thing to do it. I don't feel targeted when someone denounces racism. Why do you? Either because you're fucking racist or because you have some serious insecurity issues. But people don't have to keep quiet while sick shit is happening just to make you feel better.

Can't wait to see Sup Forums's triggered responses to this.

It was another case of toppling a secular government in the middle east. The people who kvetched about not sending in troops need to fucking kill themselves

It wasn't the Syrian army killing civilians trying to flee from Aleppo

Oh right, "leftist propaganda" or how it's usually referenced around here as simply "minorites being allowed to exist in comic books."

Two french celebrities (who are brothers) with too many plastic surgeries. People started joking that they were aliens, then added a bunch of /x/-like "facts" about them, kinda like the old Chuck Norris meme.

>Trayvon
was beating a Hispanic guy's head in
>Michael Brown
tried to grab a cop's gun after strongarm robbing a convenience store

>Alt Leftist
>"I'm not self-entitled"
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh you Alt Leftist fuck ups are a riot when you start lying.

And you're acting like fucking TRUMP is a great uniter?

The guy who explicitly wanted to "ban Muslims"?
The guy who cut the budget to fight white extremism?
The guy who fails to do even the most cursory of gestures to reach out to liberals, Muslims, and the LGBT community?

Wasn't that not-616?

>Unless there's a dictate from on high, I imagine they'd do what they did with Nixon and Reagan.
What did they do?

Oh please.Steve is a well meaning fascist.
Trumps is mumbling disgrace.

>He was fucking right about Trayvon and Ferguson
Trayvon was killed by a hispanic they desperately tried to whitewash. Forgive me if I don't trust the eyewitnesses who say Brown dindu nuffin and changed their stories half a dozen times

The only thing you know about me is that I don't get my ovaries in a twist because Marvel doesn't draw Trump as much as they draw Obama.