Ultrahack

Anyone else hate studio-approved ''''arthouse'''' directors with a passion? Everything this man has released in the last 5 years has been substanceless screen-filler cloaked in a thin sheen of profundity. Everything of value in Villeneuve's films is borrowed from people more talented than himself (the actors, the writers, the DP), while his direction itself remains, without fail, their weakest, blandest element. In any of his films you could replace Villeneuve with an electronic directing algorithm and at worst the results would be the same. He is a pre-packaged arthouse director for studios who don't like arthouse directors.

I can't help but see Roy form IT crowd in him. Also your autism is getting stale, Screw.

>everyone who disagrees with me is the same person
Take your meds

I like his movies

Villeneuve

More like Villevieux

Me too.

he's not art-house, lol.

That's the point

It's only smells

To put it simply he's the best we've got. Well no, not really, but he's one of very few directors today that gets a wide release for his movies and still makes good movies. He doesn't do any capeshit or statwars type shit (for now), his movies are written well, shot well and almost all of them have original stories.

He's not going to become the GOAT but the difference I actually pay to see his movies in theaters when I wouldn't for 90% of other movies

> substanceless screen-filler cloaked in a thin sheen of profundity.
> Came here to say: Blade Runner 2049 definitely belongs in this category.
> Didn't know who this guy was.
> Googled and found out he is the director of Blade Runner 2049

lol

The only times I've ever seen this man described as "arthouse" have been when autists like the OP make threads like this.

>people more talented than himself
Like who? I thought the new bladerunner was incredible, and if you really think that such good movies are so easy to come by, then feel free to let me know, because I'd love to be enlightened with this information.

>arthouse
only the people that hate him use this term

dishonest thread

No one calls him arthouse, BR2049 had a 200 million budget. It feels arthouse because how good it was but it really wasn't

literally rëddit the director

nice you're really fitting in now

You promised you'll fuck off and find other forum to post you brainfats on Screw

His best film is Incendies. He lost his soul when he stated working for Hollywood.

this

There are always gonna be suckers biting this bait.

Denis Villeneuve, or as I like to call him, reddit the director is a complete hack

The Villeneuve fanbaby, lacking the vocabulary to adequately counter any criticism of his 'le based kino god', resorts to dismissive buzzwords such as 'bait', 'reddit', or 'brainlet' to avoid having to engage in adult conversation. This is often followed by the the tipping of fedoras and eating of cheetos

Based

Why would you complain about a bloke attempting to make actual thoughtful cinema, no matter the studio heft behind him or the supposed dishonesty of his pictures? His last 5 pictures have been actual meaningful big budget films, which is so hard to do. Why would you have a tantrum at this? Literally what would you be more happy with? He's a step in the right direction

Its shit tier studios wanting an arthouse sheen on their dogshit productions

Remember when these children use to say the same thing about Nolan lmao
>da smart bluckbusta for smart ppl

How dare you. He's one of the finest directors of our time.

he's going to go down with the greats of this period and there's nothing you can do about it besides cry into your Diaz films lol

Eh sicario was solid. Ironically the sequel looks better tho.

>one of the few directors in Hollywood making quality motion pictures
>"lol he's a hack and he's terrible"

Yes, we need more Michael Bays and Chris Nolans.

Bay is one of the greatest living auteurs right now, Facebook cinepchile. Go home and keep your meme there

I liked Enemy.

now this is shitposting

See Go back and take your facebook popculture memes with you

go watch five hours of sheep frolicking directed by some philipino faggot

prisoners - shit flick
sicario - kino
arrival - shit flick
2049 - semi-kino

how can one director be so inconsistent

Why are you still here? I told you to go back, facebook parasite.

Villeneuve manufactures films for the low-brow audience who favor cheap ideals of entertainment over artistic merit. His films have just enough stylized gimmickry (the putrid, flat digital, the piss-filters aka grading, the hot-topic cinematographers, etc) to pass off as something above-average to the average moviegoer, from which such people can pat themselves on the back for having sat through their idea of cinema. But his films amount to cheap consumption and are dishonest. You can hear it in his voice, when he talks about, for example, the original Blade Runner and how he first saw it in cinema and how it left such an impression on him all these years later. And of course he's so damn honored and privileged to get to work on the sequel, and to have Scott's blessing in doing so. But it's all inauthentic - he's just happy to have his big break and get to piggy back off the success of greater works. His only sincere actions are those in regards to his native province of Quebec, Canada - because he cannot forget the few honest moments he had back there as he was breaking into the industry, before he had succumbed to Hollywood.

T MagnoliaFan

WAT IF THE VR WAS THE SAME AS UR REPLICANT?

What a dishonest post.

this

Villeneuve looks so good now because the market is so oversaturated with capeshit and blockbuster garbage and he's actually capable of making an entertaining movie so he stands out more

>the piss-filters aka grading
There practically is no grading because Deakins gets 99% of the look of his visuals entirely in-camera.
Nice buzzwords though.