Is korra the last good action cartoon we've had as of recent?

Is korra the last good action cartoon we've had as of recent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fIg2L3g4-xY
youtube.com/watch?v=ugcvrzo0XUo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're an asshole

>good

>Korra
>good

In terms of design it was very good. I'll even go so far as to say Janet Varney was perfect for Korra, but in execution, LoK was a mess.

Voltron is alright

No that's still My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but only during their season finales.

It had good fights
This does too. It was the same animation studio.

The actual action was enjoyable, but it was overshadowed by the romantic "drama" they attempted.

...and by Korra's slutty armpits.

Voltron's better.

So was season five of Samurai Jack, despite the disappointing ending.

Beware the Batman had a pretty solid season compared to how Korra started.

Fuck, even Kulipari, despite the janky animation and rushed pacing towards the end, had a more compelling story than Korra did in its first 13 episodes.

Korra had great production values, however the series is and was a narrative mess outside season 3. Korra is one of the worst protagonists in action adventure series I've ever seen.

I want to lick her muscles

Voltron is better, it's not bogged down by melodramatic teen romance bullshit.

The waifus in Voltron aren't nearly as hot as the ones in Korra though, I'll say that.

Nah, The Venture Bros is still around

Korra was pretty bad. the only good season was season 3. solid bad guys, well told story. everything else was shit tier.

Are you going to tell us how much you enjoy breathing too?

Why do people get bogged down by the romance when that really only affected the first season, and only a little?

When will people eventually accept that Korra was a good show?

explain what made it good

Good action, good storylines (minus Season 2, which still wasn't godawful like everyone says), good characters

The romance kinda ruined the first and just about over half of the second season, which I think turned alot of people off completely, so they dropped the show and missed the good stuff. Season 3 was pretty godly and really captured that avatar adventure spirit it'd been lacking.

At least maybe next time they make a show it will be devoid of forced ass romance drama.

I would argue that the only season in which any of those things were good was #3.

Season three was definitely the best season, largely because the villains were fun. They had neat designs, neat fighting styles, and most of all, they actually seemed like comrades.

Oh, I also forgot Young Justice is coming back. Looking forward to that.

>It was the same animation studio.
Looking at Allura, that makes a lot of sense.

so korra haters cant help themselves you retards are sad

The animation was good.

Writing was terrible.

This thread is shit.

Korra is and always will be a shitty cartoon and an embarrising sequal to avatar

I rather waste my time with Steven and Star Vs than watch Korra again

So, you admit this was bait?

>clearly forgetting Trollhunters
I expected better

Surprisingly great show

I hate how people forget how good Season 4 was also, just because of the LITERAL LAST 5 SECONDS.

Disregarding the sorta-lesbianish ending, which doesn't have to be interpreted like that, the whole Season 4 was really good.

BAIT
A
I
T

Most of the discussion in this thread is surprisingly civil and insightful. Don't take the first sign of disagreement as the worst case scenario.

Good action scenes punctuated by fan pandering reveals (Zuko and Toph--though Toph's inclusion felt more reasonable than Zuko)...yeah, no thanks.

Just re-watch The Last Airbender for a complete experience.

>>/mlp/
you horsefuckers have that board
go there & rot

>It had good fights
the fights were subpar compared to the prior series
I hate the disappearance of traditional martial arts, especially from the bending. now everything feels like they're just kickboxing their elements at each other rather than going for a specific style

adding onto that, the comedy kinda sucks

the romance destroyed all seasons
>season 1: romance happens and is cancer. korra is a whore
>season 2: romance ends and comes and goes as it please, cut this fucking tumor out already. korra is a fucking bitch
>season 3: still shows up, albeit briefly. shoulda let that bitch die of metal poisoning
>season 4: absolutely none til last episode. shitty way to shoehorn lgbtxyz+. let me drink to forget this fucking show

I'd argue that season 3 had plenty of stupid shit
>I can bend water psychically
>I can fly. just cause
>Bolin bends lava. how convenient
>rip off end-fight to Avatar b/c we can't be original

Nigga wtf are you talking about have you SEEN Lastman?
youtube.com/watch?v=fIg2L3g4-xY

Dofus is pretty good looking from what I've seen
if it's anything like Wakfu, the action animation beats Korra to a bloody pulp & the comedy is way better

Korra's massive breasts.

I feel like Voltron's non-robot action scenes are better than Korra's.

It's just night to see actual physical contact? Unlike the elemental woosh thing in the Avatar series. Voltron's action scenes are really great and satisfying, and the series in general is nice to look at.

It's still getting its feet writing wise but I think it has a lot of potential and the groundwork is set for it to become an action series almost at the quality of ATLA. I think it can do it. ATLA didn't have a great first season, either.

Voltron seems like Korra done right for some reason. Like it's a spiritual sequel to the Avatar series.

>>rip off end-fight to Avatar b/c we can't be original

I thought it was a fairly powerful and thematic moment, they basically role reversed the hero and the villain for that final fight

>It's still getting its feet writing wise but I think it has a lot of potential and the groundwork is set for it to become an action series almost at the quality of ATLA. I think it can do it. ATLA didn't have a great first season, either.

It has had two Seasons, at this point the original Avatar had its best season already, if it hasn't reached its footing yet its too late

First three episodes of Samurai Jack S5 made Korra's best look like shit

>I feel like Voltron's non-robot action scenes are better than Korra's.
>Unlike the elemental woosh thing in the Avatar series. Voltron's action scenes are really great and satisfying

I took a look to see what it looked like, and really not my thing, I mean it's not bad, but I strongly dislike the anime style background streaks as they yell while slow mo striking at each other

Too bad the rest of it made Korra's worst look great

Zero taste

youtube.com/watch?v=ugcvrzo0XUo
Voltron has some really great 2D animated fight scenes. There's definitely some goofy ass anime yelling in parts, though, which kinda makes sense as it's a reboot of an anime.

lets forget for a second how it shat all over the lore of the Avatar universe, lore that episodes, no an entire Arc of the original series was dedicated to.

It made bending boring, it changed from studied martial arts styles to random punching and kicking, they even gave us a bending knockout arena that would have been perfect to show the differences of different bending styles but no you could have changed the element being manipulated during any of those fights and you wouldn't notice because the styles blended together to make one boring mess.

Then there was the Amon cop out, this guy had single-handedly taken down some of the best benders in the area mob bosses, groups of people at once and somehow he was surprised enough by Bolin, an amateur, long enough to let korra blast him out and then for some reason other than swimming which for a water bender should be second nature he created a giant whirlpool to float him out of the water.

it only went downhill from there

>teleports behind you
>nothing personel kid

I love the look and animation of this show I'd buy a DVD/BR even with the crazy shipping costs. That's it if they ever release one.

You're one of the guys who watches Star Wars and complains when the droid army lands outside the capital in Phantom Menace

Shitrra and Shittron were garbage as far as action goes.

>not a single Tron: Uprising post

so disappointed Sup Forums.

I never got that complaint personally. An urband landing seems infinitely more risky compared to dropping overwhelming forces outside of enemy range at your leisure.

That 3d animation looks disgustingly similar to the new Berserk series

>I hate the disappearance of traditional martial arts, especially from the bending. now everything feels like they're just kickboxing their elements at each other rather than going for a specific style
People say this all the time, but I feel like they weren't paying attention. Plenty of characters use traditional movements, even the main 3 cast who don't use them as often.

It's like you didn't watch past the first book.

LoK has a different style of action, but it's still good. Honestly I think ATLA's fight scenes are a bit overrated. Lot of people complain about LoK being full of punchbending, but you see alot of it in ATLA too. ATLA just gets more recognition because it's babby's first wuxia, much like Crouching Tiger was for the west.

how fucking dare you even compare the two.

I am still confused at how much straight-up murder this show got away with.

>People say this all the time, but I feel like they weren't paying attention.

You're expecting reason and factuality where there is none, flee you fool

Clang Clang motherfucker

>good action cartoon
That would be this little gem
I had to find it for myself since no one on Sup Forums seems to talk about.
It is the only non-sitcom non-comedy based adult oriented cartoon out there before Samurai Jack's season 5.
Add to it the awesome soundtrack and you have a solid underappreciated cartoon.

this

My fellow person-of-color, I raise my voice in salutations and affirmation!

Whatever that is the cover is really not selling it for me

Agree, the cover is weird, but I recommend you to watch the first episode, as it is actually pretty good in telling you the general tone of the series (it has only 11 episodes anyway)

It's by Guillermo del Toro.
He is one of the big guys in the industry and not easily bullied by moral watchdogs.

It was split by the network, s 1 & 2 were originally meant to be the first season. And if you watch it all at once it's actually pretty strong, though still getting its footing.