Batman didn't wear purple gloves or use guns in years

>Batman didn't wear purple gloves or use guns in years
>Superman can fly and doesn't wear underwear on the outside in most modern iterations

Do you think it's hypocritical that Wonder Woman has to conform to her 80 year old concept created by a bondage fetishist then? A simple thing like having her wear pants is labeled as ruining legacy.

If you really want to have this conversation, delete this thread and start over with something other than Aaron Diaz's art.

You can make her wear pants, you just have to make it look good.

"I want her to have pants" isn't a good enough reason to make a lesser costume. They got rid of Superman's red strongman undies because they though it looked silly, and they could make a better costume without them. Ditto with piece-by-piece removing Batman's non greyscale clothing.

Her original costume had a skirt. Look up her first few appearances from All-Star Comics #8 an onwards. After that she had a pair of shorts which went a bit down the leg, which is more than a lot of male superheroes had in the day.

Oh wait this is a bait topic, facts are irrelevant.

what's wrong with it?

My only complaint is that if you're gonna go the statue/golem route then don't give her real clothes. That's pointless. Just have the clothing part of her sculpt.

Doesn't help that Greek statues were actually painted and not white.

Wouldn't her paint wear off as well if she were as ancient as the statues?

So she has to constantly repaint herself to keep up appearances or after battle.

She could paint herself again.

Or it's magic paint that never wear off.

This is "who changes the Batman's car tires" territory, it doesn't matter. The point is that Diaz's concept is "WW is made of clay so she should be a literal Greek statue" and it's not even a an accurate Greek statue..

Why would you make her wear pants in the first place?
Sounds like an attempt to conform with modern patriarcal rules in which men wear pants, and since men have the power, a woman should wear pants to emulate them.
Which goes against everything Wonder Woman stands for.

Wonder Woman being a literal marble golem is an awesome idea for an elseworld but it sure as hell shouldn't be the primary design.

Modern WW should wear a tunic. It's what she wears in the movie and it looked fine. I don't understand how there is still an argument over this subject.

Guys... I hate Diaz as a person as much as everyone else but no sane person would ever have a character that looks like a painted Greek statue. That's just awful. Unpainted is way cooler. There are any number of in-universe excuses for why she wouldn't be painted.

>A simple thing like having her wear pants is labeled as ruining legacy.

There's literally nothing wrong with a character changing their costume for a little while. That is such a nonsensical thing to get mad about.

That way you can have her be hurt real bad but it's just the marble showing underneath the "skin"

And they have changed it, but honesty pants arent her thing.
Battle skirt is the best she has looked in years.

You're not asking why her costume wasn't changed for a while, you're asking why it wasn't changed permanently like Superman or Batman's.
Honestly, if your gripe is that she never wore pants "for a while" you should just read comics.

>There's literally nothing wrong with a character changing their costume for a little while
White spy suit.
The purple mod dress.
That weird biker-esque phase (although technically that was Artemis it was still a Wonder Woman because Diana lost the title)
Pants and leather jacket.
New 52 dropping the gold elements
The incredibly stupid one with the sleeves and god of war blade arms
The movie costume.

That's seven off the top of my head and I'm not even a Wonder Woman fan.

>The incredibly stupid one with the sleeves and god of war blade arms

I thought it looked cool :/

It had red thigh-high boots over pants and a damned crotch blade, user. Come on.
Also the "let's get rid of the lasso and give her Wolverine claws" is what a 9yo would think it's a cool costume. In the late 80s.

Good bait, OP.

Wearing pants (or anything else for that matter) won't make her a compelling character.

I see all. You're right though.

Best I could do to fix this mess.

Looks like any other Wondy which defeats the purpose

They haven't made a better superman outfit tho without the red undies.

Visually they spice up the outfit. If its just a single color all the way down, its visually boring. The red around the waist area draws your eyes down the character. Same with the red boots. The alternating red and blue is a way to help your eyes move up and down the design.

If its just monotone, it all just blurs together.

I find the outfit unique enough. The marble skin thing was just gimmicky.

Well the outfit still isn't half bad at least.

This.

Superman has an outdated "strongman" look, and they replaced it because it DOES look silly to today's culture because "strongman" types don't wear that shit anymore.

Batman is less silly and more serious than he used to be, and instead of using shark repellent and WHAM!s he uses stealth and instant takedowns. It makes perfect sense for new Batman characters to wear all black in that case.

Wonderwoman is the same amazoness-type she was before, there is no reason for an amazoness to wear pants.

Shut up, tumblr

But then you can't change her clothes if you ever have the reason to do so. And it's not like there was a scarcity of naked Greek statues.

Honestly? This design has potential, but it is overdesigned. Tone down the arm knives and the crotch blade.

The pants do look nice.

The batcave changes the car tires

Also WW has worn pants dozens of times. What's the problem? She can go toe to toe with fucking Superman so it's not like she needs additional leg protection.

What's the point of this thread?

>crotch blade
Im pretty sure its supposed to be fabric

Wonder Woman doesn't *have* to conform to her 80-year-old bondage-based concept, it's just that the bondage-based concept is still the most interesting thing anyone's done with her in 80 years.

It's not the costume that needs to be changed

I kinda get a 70s blaxploitation vibe from this.

I wouldn't mind seeing that as like an alternate universe type story.

Is Misty Knight the only black comic char from the big two to have a full fro? Most to all of the males are bald or keep it short and characters like Vixen and Storm wear theirs straightened. Static and Coldcast wear dreads but neither of them exist anymore

I will never understand Sup Forums's hate for this costume. I always thought it looked really great.

Elseworlds are gimmicky though

>WHAT IF SUPERMAN WAS BATMAN??
>WHAT IF BATMAN WAS GREEN LANTERN
>WHAT IF BATMAN WAS A PSYCHOPATH WHO KIDNAPS 12 YEAR OLD BOYS

Of course they are gimmicky, thats literally the point of elseworlds. They are literally just "what if" stories

>>WHAT IF BATMAN WAS A PSYCHOPATH WHO KIDNAPS 12 YEAR OLD BOYS

That's literally just normal Batman and his 6 Robins

Batman is already a psychopath who kidnaps 12 year old boys

There's nothing that can be done when you have shit taste

>Superman has an outdated "strongman" look, and they replaced it because it DOES look silly to today's culture because "strongman" types don't wear that shit anymore.
You're the problem.

I rather have an outdated Superman with Great stories than the blue eyesore

He's had 7 different redesigns in 6 years, the trunks are better

Alternate universe? ALTERNATE UNIVERSE! PRIME UNIVERSE! ONLY UNIVERSE! WE gon take yo CULTCHA child! You white boiz ain't got no chance!

You need to read more comics

Superman SHOULD go back to red undies. Every design without it is shit.

Can't wait to see Black Panther played by Jackie Chan

Stone skin makes her look like a bit character.

Do people hate the pants look because it "desexualises" their Waifu Woman and they think it's all part of the SJW agenda or something instead of just a less stupid/more modern outfit? Or is it geewunner purism that makes them hate the idea of WW having pants? Or is it just being mad they can't see her delicious thighs anymore?

Sometimes a costume change is just a costume change and isn't the influence of nonbinaries with green sideshaves or whatever the fuck.

This is some high level shitposting

>Are you wrong because this meme or that meme?

Wonder Woman is a retarded name desu

>Do people hate the pants look because it "desexualises" their Waifu Woman and they think it's all part of the SJW agenda or something instead of just a less stupid/more modern outfit? Or is it geewunner purism that makes them hate the idea of WW having pants? Or is it just being mad they can't see her delicious thighs anymore?
Why can't it be a mix of all of those reasons?

>Sometimes a costume change is just a costume change and isn't the influence of nonbinaries with green sideshaves or whatever the fuck.

Sometimes it isn't... but this time it clearly is.

this

But Wondy hasn't conformed to her old costume in years.
She's been using silver, and even more recently she's had the battle skity

If you're in a burning building, and the fireman came in wearing purple polka dots, would you say "go change your clothes I can't take you seriously"?
Superman has the powers of a god and saves the planet like five times a year minimum. If people are going project runway and joking about what he wears that's on them.

I don't get this mentality where trunks on the outside can't be taken seriously but Doctor Manhattan has his glowing blue space dick swinging around and OMG IT'S DEEP KINO

It's a mixture of every design of her with pants being dogshit, and the fact that there is nothing wrong with her not wearing them.

Why would SJWs push the look with pants, when it means Wonder Woman conforming to man's standards?

nice non-argument.

Pants aren't male standards, they're practical standards.

Oh, so you're pushing the idea of practical costumes

Batman wore Purple Gloves in Zero Year as part of his first costume.

Too late for a better one. It's telling that they never mention it in BvS or her own film. But they can say superman and Batman as much as they want, because they come off as less wierd somehow.

Why are the front pouches yellow but the others grey? I don't even care about the tiretracks, but that belt buckle is shit.

>If you're in a burning building, and the fireman came in wearing purple polka dots, would you say "go change your clothes I can't take you seriously"?
>Superman has the powers of a god and saves the planet like five times a year minimum. If people are going project runway and joking about what he wears that's on them.
Retarded, you might as well have made a food metaphor. There's a difference between a real life hero and a fictional character's aesthetics.

And with your retarded Doctor Manhattan comment, he's not supposed to wear clothes because it makes him seem less human.

The first part of this.

I would not care at all if there was a good design for her that included pants. But they're always pretty awful. Plus, her current costume with the battle skirt looks pretty good, so there's no reason to push for a redesign at the moment. She looks great. Stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

Do you think Nightwing's outfit was boring too considering it was 90% black with nothing nonblack below the chest?

She can only go toe to toe against a Superman who is holding back immensely.
The point of this thread is to pretend the OP is an idiot who thinks having Wonder Woman wear skirts is sexist in order to be baited into yet another pointless discussion of this genre. It's particularly pointless because no one here actually thinks comics are sexist, but we fall for the same shitty bait time after time.

Well yes, a bit boring.

It helps he's going for a different aesthetic than Superman, but yes I think it is boring.

Someone hasn't seen the lego batman movie

Lego Batman is a parody you fucking mongoloid.

Is it parodying costumes?

Leather isn't practical.

That's actually look good. It just needs small changes.

And parodies of the comics are have been better than the source material for years now

It's parodying Batman as a whole, you fucking mongoloid. He's a fucking joke character.

>greeks used to paint their marble statues to look human
>Diana used to be painted
>she would have to reapply the paint after every battle
>eventually she just stopped caring and went full marble
I can believe.

As opposed to Superman, who is supposed to be super SRS, right?

Go to sleep, Aaron. No one's reading you comics. Jeph Jaqces has more talent than you.

Careful bruh, follow that logic and you get the characters from Worldwatch that give up on clothes cause they keep getting destroyed

This is a bad thing?

yes, emulating worldwatch is a bad thing

the paint wasn't worn off of most of the older statues we see, archaeologists/historians scrubbed them clean because the paint was wack and didn't match up with their idealistic views of those civilizations.

It could be turned into a gag about women not caring about putting on makeup anymore.

>A simple thing like having her wear pants is labeled as ruining legacy.

Several of her costumes in the past have incorporated pants.

That being said, she looks dumb in pants. She's Grecian-themed, she should be wearing ancient Greek military dress. Battle skirts and the like.

Supes' current Rebirth look is leagues better than the Nu52 armor, but I'd still rather have the trunks back. This 'too silly' argument bullshit shouldn't hold any weight in a universe with flying people, killer clowns, etc.

What are you going on about? Wondy's costume has changed the *most* of the Trinity in the recent past, going from star-spangled undies to full-on roman battle gear.

And you're taking about batman's adding *purple* to his color palette?

>full-on roman battle gear.

>roman

normie pls go and stay go