So is this guy supposed to be funny or something?

So is this guy supposed to be funny or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/pnfe6Z6E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no you're supposed to feel bad for him

He's the best character

Wait, what? Is this Ludo thread? FINALLY?

Is his mom supposed to be attractive, or is that just a weird thing?

Ludo is pretty worthless until Toffee appears. Then he actually becomes great.

They really didn't think much about early Ludo and you can tell, but they really do completely salvage the character later.

Actually he became based just when the season started.

Have you praised your king today?

i honestly dont understand the hype around him on S2. He's still a worthless piece of shit.
He acts like a crazy weirdo, but hasn't done anything intimidating on his own. The fight she had with star on the cucked episode had star almost killing him. He only got away thanks to her feelings.
He sucks.

WE HAVE WAITED OH SO LONG

BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY BEST BIRB BOY

Might just be me, but I found Ludo way more tolerable in the later first-season episodes when he was suddenly in over his head. At least compared to when it wasn't obvious there would ever be a plot and it looked like the show would just be about him getting beaten up every week.

better image

This. I just find it hard to care about him and his story.

you will care soon enough
Hail King Ludo

They made him "ugly cute" and in the 2nd season he even looks and acts more like Star, and when you realise it you start feeling even worse for him

true, and also they shortly mentioned why he acts this way (because of his upbringing and family issues) and that just adds to it, now whenever he appears even if it's supposed to be funny or if nothing in particular is happening to him it still feels tragic and I love it
I wanna protect my boy, my... child

>Start off as main villain with a castle and army of monsters
>Squanders all his resource
>Takes everything for granted, thus barely accomplishes anything
>New bigger, smarter villain comes in
>Takes away his castle and monsters
>Tossed aside into the unknown and periless
>Survives on no resources
>Takes control and gains the respect of predators that tried to eat him
>Takes the lowly rats and makes them into an army
>Gathers even more minions from nothing, takes over people, and makes his own agriculture until he makes a mini kingdom
>Gets a piece of Star's wand, and steals the book
>Reveals that he's always been abused, and takes pride in still standing with the odds stacked against him

All hail King Ludo, motherfuckers.

Buff Frog needs to adopt him. He's a great fucking dad

So are these designs suppose to be appealing or something?

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG
I STILL NEED FANART OF LUDO BEING FRIENDLY WITH THE TADPOLES
why isn't this concept more popular within the fandom? Having Buff Frog be Ludo's dad seems like the obvious choice, plus it's sweet

What if Buff Frog felt on subconscious level that Ludo needs a father figure and this is why he liked to work for him in the first place?

I dunno why it's not more popular. You'd think it would be, considering Ludo gave him the tadpoles to begin with. Like, why hasn't somebody drawn him finding the little buggers all alone and trying to take care of them before remembering that Buff Frog would be the best dad for them.

It's possible. He always was the most loyal of the henchmonsters

my poor ludo boy
shit I would draw the comic myself but I fucking suck at comics
you would think that with a fanbase this big someone else would've done it already instead of drawing fucking lizard star or shit like that, I'm so mad

I seem to remember the concept of Ludo and Buff Frog reconciling and Ludo helping with the tadpoles was more popular in between the two seasons, when people expected Ludo to learn from his experiences and become a better person

but instead he just learned from his experiences and got worse

holy shit user this picture is everything I've ever wanted and even more

The only time I really felt bad for him was when he was trying so damn hard to learn magic, then fucking Toffee had to go and fuck it all up.

Would Buff Frog be a better fatherly figure to Ludo?

not when Queen Moon offered him help and he refused? or something like that
are you kidding? he's best dad, heck I wish he was my dad

>Queen Moon offered him help and he refused

I thought it actually looked like Ludo was considering her help, but then Toffee took over (maybe Moon got closer to Ludo), drained Moon, and then things played out as we saw.

When Ludo wakes up again his impression will probably be that Moon showed up, pretended to offer sympathy but then wrecked his shit and blew up the temple, and then fucked off. And so Ludo will just see that as more of an incentive to go against the Butterflys since he still doesn't know Toffee's inside his head, keikaku etc.

Yes.

Shit, man, I think most of the dads in this show would probably be a better fatherly figure.

oh I see, I wrote "something like that" because I didn't quite remember but I'm glad you got which part I was talking about anyway
but
>ludo won't know Toffee is inside his head
he has Toffee's hand, he literally had a lizard hand with a finger missing, he would have to be retarded to not connect the dots

>be WoY fan
>lose one of your favorite villains in Lord Hater when the show isn't renewed
>new show called Star Vs. is renewed instead and has an unlikable joke villain

If someone had told me then I'd wind up liking Ludo as much as Hater I wouldn't have believed it.

He didn't know it was Toffee's hand when he was carrying it around and sleeping with it, despite the missing finger. He never seemed to think it was weird his wand was communicating with him. Apparently both he AND Star didn't realize the crystal in their wands is the same. If he didn't catch on then, he's not gonna catch on until it becomes even more obvious, like literally being told Toffee's used him once again.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ludo had never actually noticed Toffee had a missing finger the entire time he was working for him.

wait the bones holding the stone in Ludo's wand were Toffee's?! now I'm the retarded one

Yep, there's a clear shot of them at the end of Ludo in the Wild.

Toffee just regenerated Ludo's own flesh around his bones.

so what, was the spell meant to actually create a second wand? how did Toffee get inside it if Star was the one to make the spell? what the fuck

He's not great because he's powerful. He's great because he's a good character

He was apparently counting on the wand getting cleaved and things happening the way they did all throughout that season.

Toffee got inside it because his finger was in the wand. When he got "killed" by the explosion, his mind transferred into Ludo's wand crystal because of that, since he's immortal, while the finger stayed in Star's wand.

People debate whether his finger was in the wand since being cut off or whether he put it in himself, but I think it's the latter. There's a shot of Toffee watching the lid close before the wand starts the detonation process that seems to imply he placed something in it.

I want Buff Frog to give Ludo a hug canonically right after Ludo has been hurt in some way, and saying how much he's glad he's ok
I want some good hurt/comfort moments with them

What the fuck I legitimately thought Buff Frog was called Butt Frog.

Why?

so did Ludo

Because of that moment where his ass was showing.

His name is Yvgeny Bulgolyubov god damn it.

Ludo's like older than star.

No, he's supposed to be sad until he sacrifices himself in the end to defeat the real baddie.

ALL HAIL KING LUDO

>baby hands

>sacrifices himself
DO NOT

Buff Frog can be Star Avarius' father.

fuck you cunt don't shill star in a ludo thread worthless waifufag

>people still think Ludo and Toffee will betray each other

He's based. He was a talentless brat who got shat on by Star the prodigy/chosen one, then crawled in the mud and took back his life by himself. He the found True Man's World.

Star Avarius is for waifuing you mongrel.
Shes is the enemy

Ludo is made for suffering

discuss Ludo instead you tasteless moron

fuck i meant She ISNT for waifuing.
My bad.

I like how they made the Ludo manipulation plot more fucked up when it happened yet again

the relationship going on there is sort of interesting despite them technically not directly interacting the entire season

STOP POSTING HER POST LUDO WE DON'T WANT STAR HERE

Oops

I want Marco to fucking rape Ludo

Joke villains slowly developing into competant or threatning villains os the best sort of character development.

Ludo is the polar opposite of Jack Spicer and I love it.

This. He went from a character I disliked to probably my favourite.

he keeps falling for it despite his best efforts and it's just tragic, he does his best but still fails ultimately, he's used and then thrown away, he has nothing
he definitely idolized (maybe he still does?) Toffee, and that just breaks my heart

When you go and rewatch scenes like this after hearing about his shit life and all the suffering he went through, you feel bad

Oops, forgot to add the scene.

"just swallow it" re: Buff Frog seemed like an attempt to both emulate Toffee and take revenge on someone else in place of him.

Ludo probably believes he's dead while also holding him up as a standard, since he can't get back at him now

That subtle but smug Toffee grin in the bottom panel.

This is how ships set sail.

No thats how a whole bunch of Monsters end up dead, a castle blown to smithereens, and a Lizard man in a suit ends up ""missing""

>turning down cookies for snuggles
tru luv rite there

Finally finished this. Would've had it up last night but lost power

pastebin.com/pnfe6Z6E

About time Ludo got a thread

Ho so?

well now I just wanna curl into a ball and cry forever, what the fuck, feelings are illegal

Jack was competent and threatening when he first appeared and quickly devolved into a comedy relief butt monkey,

Ludo starts that way and turns into an actual character.

That flag is fucking incredible.

He starts as pretty much a stock kid's comic relief villain with jealousy and size complexes (voiced by Alan Tudyk, ofc). He's got some weird stuff going on upstairs that made him sympathetic and an easy mark for Toffee. Then his star turn at the beginning of season 2 made him a really bizarrely compelling character, and like every other damn thing in this show, miles better than he had any right to be.

Didn't Toffee have him eaten (killed) by the giant chicken? Was the chicken pooping Ludo out again part of Toffee's plan?

he was kind of reborn after that

But did Toffee intend it to happen?

Possibly? It enabled him to survive the explosion, which may be what Toffee wanted if Ludo was always his mark for possession.

>Battle For Mewni is next saturday

>no it isn't

>dont have work that Saturday

Front-facing Toffee is Bad

hope maybe this season they've figured out non-terrible ways to draw him

You're not alone, user.

Exactly. The only thing that mars Ludo's character arc is that it was orchestrated by Toffee. I wonder if that will become a point that Ludo gets drilled on in season 3. "You'd be nothing without me, you'd be a carcass wrapped in a bag of chips if I hadn't been there to hold your hand" or something as such.

>working on a Saturday

People still do that user.
Hell some even work Sundays.

He intended for Star and Marco to survive the explosion, but definitely knew it (should have) killed all of Ludo's goons, Ludo included.
Buff Frog got out because Star warned him, Boo Fly could fly away, Ludo just survived because he had a meat and egg shield as a buffer.
Any monster with hate in their heart could have found the wand and the results would have been more or less the same, eventually. Toffee would have guided them as the wand.

But at the same time, Ludo only got back to Mewni from the void because he hit out of nowhere by a burst of green energy, into a dimensional portal back to Mewni that was somehow opened.
Did Toffee somehow cause both of those things to happen? I don't know how he could have, but it's one hell of a coincidence.
Ludo only finds the wand because he hallucinates Star, and chasing after her leads right to the wand.
Was it just a hallucination and another incredible coincidence? Or was it the wand influencing his mind from a distance, or even projecting Star as a magical puppet?
Ludo's mind certainly shouldn't know about Star's new wand, but "Star" has it.
And is it me, or do "her" eyes look awfully green?

Full disclosure: I kind of wanted the spider to jump Ludo's bones and fuck his brains out

I still kind of want this

You go America. Get great again.

Here only few businesses are allowed to work on the Lord's Day.

CYKA BLYAT

Retail is basically forced to stay open on weekends because muh profits, and if you're closed then that means your competitor is getting business.

Same reasoning why stores are open on Thanksgiving Day now here into Black Friday, because people just flip their shit if they can't save fifty bucks on a flat screen TV when they're supposed to be home eating dinner with the family

>and if you're closed then that means your competitor is getting business
Not if your competitor is closed, too. All retail should close on weekends.

>All retail should close on weekends.

I liked it when I visited America. We had visitors here who've never heard of closed shops on Sundays. It's amazing to see grown people being unable to buy enough food to last them three days.

The vision of Star could possibly be a magical thing where any monster in the immediate area could be led to the wand by seeing something they'd want. Could be a specific spell, could just be a property of the crystal itself. Maybe the crystal can somehow still sense what's going on with the other half, hence the appearance of "Star's" wand? Green eyes definitely indicate where it came from anyway.

The green energy hitting Ludo in space could maybe have happened after his wand had fully formed-- just like Star's rebuilt itself, the crystal would have caused the bones etc. to connect to it through its magic and Ludo was hit by the result of that. Star's wand reformed right after tossing Ludo away but Ludo's apparently didn't happen immediately, and it seemed like he was in space for a while.

Still seems hard to be totally coincidental that Ludo found it, but it's harder to believe Toffee predicted everything would happen to Ludo the way it did to lead to him even finding it at all. The stuff with the wand itself was obviously planned out since he had years to come up with that, but not the monster who'd specifically wield it.