Sunday Superman Thread

Post Best Boy.
What's your favorite single issue Supes story?
What character do you want to see Supes team up with?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=read comics online
youtube.com/watch?v=1P9XB-bol4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He truly is best boy.

...but he's not human.

Is that supposed to be Kara? Is she kneeling down or something she's so small.

That's cute.
Where is this from?

I think my favorite single issue is the one where he saves that kid from the train in n52

don't you fucking do it lois

>What's your favorite single issue Supes story?
Action Comics #387: "Even a Superman Dies!". Someone brought it up on a thread long ago and I've loved it since.
>What character do you want to see Supes team up with?
I always thought I'd be cool to see him interact with the magical community.

wew, Injustice Lord averted boys

It's a thing DC does. You will also find that plenty of more alien LoSH characters are referred to as humans even though they're not, in particular Brainiac 5.

... Poor Chris...

He deserved to be what Jon is now.

But I love Jon so, I can't complain too much.

In dealing with broken ass captcha checks, I forgot the actual page I meant to post.

can someone help me? I'm looking for a superman issue. I can only remember a few pages but I remember superman having uncontrollable freeze breath and heat vision so he had to wear some sort of metal visor.

it's the first comic book I ever had as a kid in the 90s. The LCS guy suggested it might be power surge but I distinctly remember superman not being hulkified so that's not it.

The final issue of All Star always gets me.

might be Kara when she first landed, sometimes she lands adult others still a child. I doubt it tho

I do recall Superman wearing some kind of armor for some time at some point. I think it might have been around the time of Zero Hour.

Do you know if it was AC, Superman or anyother?

sadly no, I wanted to buy it again for sentimental reasons but I can't recall what the damn cover was

Alright, what's your least favorite Superman thing?

Where can I read the rest of Johns? I've read secret origin, but don't know where to find everything else.

superman/doomsday animated cartoon

>that fucking laughable anne heche lois
>lois dating superman instead of kent
>that horribly animated fight sequence
>no pa kent
>no funeral for a friend
>no batman cameo

Tough not to say Man of Steel and call it a day, but I think I'm going with the seemingly planned ignorance of everything Morrison does. He's added a lot to the character and most writers like to pretend he doesn't exist.

True this is a bigger problem for other parts of the DC universe but it still does effect Supes.

ain't hard, chum
lmgtfy.com/?q=read comics online

Shame Nasty never shows up ever again
hell her only other appearances are pre COIE as a twobit supergirl villain

The one thing I would have to say I genuinely dislike is the idea of Superman and Wonderwoman together. Every time it's been tried, it's just awful. It still effects other things like JLA and the animated movies.

Normally i would say no Batman cameo is fine, but seeing how Batman reacts to Clark dying is important. Even if it is a retcon, since at that time Azrael or Dick was Batman.

yeah, the audience would be scratching their heads wondering who the hell is that edgelord batblademan

The beast part of DOS was "Funeral for a Friend", as it showed what Superman meant for the heroes, and the DC verse as a whole

>What's your favorite single issue Supes story?

Probably superman beyond 3d. It's the ultimate blend of complexity and heart, gigantic in scale and yet it still feels personal. It can be appreciated as something that pushes the medium to the limit and at the same time it's a straightforward superman story.

How to do you feel about the New Super-family, Sup Forums?

S-Fighters > Z-Fighters

I'm so into the whole Superlex thing. Him trying to upstage the heroes by being the better hero just feels like such a nice change in the status quo

Superbump

My single favorite last page in all of fiction

It's fucking perfect. G-moz was channelling some proper shit when he wrote that.

If (when) DC dies one day, if they don't end it with something similar I'm gonna be supermad.

Where's Power Girl?

Who's the orange lady?

Lana Lang/Superwoman

Huh what the hell happened there? Lois even had powers?

I dropped the storyline a year ago so I might be missing a lot of details, but after superbro died Lana and N52Lois were infused with his energy and aquired energy powers, then for some reason Lois exploded and Lana became the superwoman. Then the superman reborn merge happened and I don't know how that might have affected this story.

>Kent not being liked by his co-workers

What the actual fuck?

This page always makes me chuckle. Imagine staging a riot at arkham, creating such chaos with so many inmates that not even Batman could take them all out, and then he shows up with fucking superman of all people.

Superbro was a trip.

What were they thinking with that cyborg suit?

I like it a lot, missing Powergirl tho and i'd love to see Mon-El (and the Legion) at some point

It genuinely spoiled justice league action a little for me. Even though Luthor and Supes are spot on otherwise.

THIS AM BIZARRO THREAD NOW

Whenever his supporting cast and/or himself aren't treated with proper respect, really.

Tfw your friends and reviews hype this comic up, only for it to be a Batman writer's interpretation what Superman is.

Jesus

SUPERSONS CARTOON WITH with them also meeting the rest of the Bat/Superfamily, JSA, and other characters in general like Billy Batson.

>But it's earth that made me a man
Everytime I read this i think that it could be improved if he says ' a Man' instead

1/3

2/3

3/3

They really do him justice in JLA. CN should air it more.
youtube.com/watch?v=1P9XB-bol4U

>It only gets aired like once a week
>Looking at CN's schedule almost any time.
How could a channel have such a shit schedule?

It baffles the mind.

>Friday

What the fuck

They should go the Latin America way and play adventure time and regular show reruns if they really have such little variety

This isn't from an actual issue of Superman or Action Comics, is it?

Ruined by the trunks.

Just let this thing develop you trunkfag.

Undies will be back after Rebirth, just let this be.

The Captain Marvel episode of Justice League Unlimited and Kingdom Come. They highlight the two big problems you get in bad Superman stories. Superman is a dick for no reason or Superman stops being Superman because that's what the story premise is.

But leagues above all else, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman
Fuck those garbage movies and the people who made them..

The only thing this needs is a lighter blue on the costume and it'll be perfect.

Just imagine JLA as a golden age shenanigans toon, works for me. Has lois appeared in an episode?

Red superman worst superman

I honestly feel bad for Cavill. He seems like he could be such a good Superman too.

I really want to bring back old stuff from the Gold and Silver Age. I really like the idea of Superman teaming up with some of the characters that ran beside him back in the early days of Action Comics.

I hadn't noticed SuperLex had the red trunks.

UP, UP AND AWAY

SUPERMAN WISHLIST!

Comics...
> The main Rebirth book keeps up it's current quality.
> When Faora appears again, Ivan Reis is drawing it.

DCEU - MOS2
> Gareth Edwards or Brad Bird directs.
> No matter who directs, no rehashing or homaging the Reeves films weather in plot or otherwise.
> They should absolutely add hope & optimism, but still no matter what, take the villain & the threat completely seriously. Do not give Superman easy outs or wrap everything up perfectly.
> No Brainiac, they need to pull back and do a smaller scale film.
> No Parasite unless he stays humanoid like Alex Ross's version and doesn't get all blob monstery.
> No Maxima as I don't want her to threaten Clark & Lois's relationship.
> No Kryptonite so soon after Bvs & so no Metallo. If they do use him, make him sympathetic like Tas.
Honestly I have no fucking idea what villain I want for this film...
> Above ALL ELSE, no fucking Bizarro. It will come off on film like Superman beating up a mentally disabled person.
> Lois & him do not break up and such is never hinted at or a possibility at any point.
> No Lois getting pregnant.
> I want the film mystery oriented with Clark & Lois doing investigative reporting together, give Perry more to do & have him & Clark form a mutual respect relationship.
> Flashbacks of 100% happy memories of Pa Kent.
> No portraying Zod's death as a bad thing.

Adding to this...

Supergirl Show
> Odette Annable's Reign has exactly her new 52 outfit design massive cleavage & all.

>Undies will be back after Rebirth
Sauce?

I just wish Casey's run got a collection

It actually is, I forget where though.

DCEU - Justice League
This is absolutely fucking CRITICAL...
> If they do evil Superman for any portion of the film, it's made crystal clear that his mind is genuinely being influenced/altered & his actions are not just the result of him believing that Lois was killed & he is out for revenge.

It's an edit of this page from Whatever Happened to the man of tomorrow

Yes, she and Jimmy were in the first batch of episodes (at least the first part of the Shazam three-parter, where they are reporting) and I want to say they are in the Brainiac or the earlier of the Luthor episodes that take place in Metropolis. They haven't shown Clark at the Planet, IIRC.

>Brad Bird

I'm not sure Bird would be interested in the kind of film that would be the second film, since it can't simply ignore MoS or BvS. I think it would work out better if Superman was in a team up movie or two, before a full on 'reset' proper sequel was released.

Bird can balance serious & fun films be did Mission Impossible 4. That's about the right tone for the next Superman film.

Love it.

How can anyone dislike Superman?

He's the best there is.

Normies man.

I'm not saying he can't. And I'm sure he'd be interested since he used the Superman reference in The Iron Giant, but based on that and the tone of The Incredibles, and the fact that he likes to work from his own scripts, there's a lot of heavy lifting between where Clark was in MoS and BvS that isn't simply a matter of being 'serious' or 'dramatic' or whatever you want to consider the opposite of 'fun.' Bird's films aren't known simply as 'fun' films - there were plenty of serious and heavy messages in all the Pixar movies he made and in Tomorrowland, which is a better example than Mission Impossible 4.

The only thing MI4 suggests is that he would be willing to work within a world-view that is not his own, inside an existing and previously built universe, with previously set casting and other constraints.

All that said, my point stands: Bird can turn things down, he accepted MI4 because he wanted to prove he could do live action. Tomorrowland didn't change that, it just showed that his name, Clooney's name and interesting looking science fiction wasn't going to be enough to make Interstellar or Inception dollars and he's not going to get that kinda of a budget on a passion project or something original that isn't Pixar.

He's also busy on The Incredibles which has a release date and another movie for Pixar, which doesn't, so he's not a realistic possibility for anything in the next 3 years at minimum, probably longer.

Christ Lois you suck

Doctor Fate was in Smallville?