SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Opening Scene: "A Film By Peter Parker"

Looks fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=yCKT9CZk7xA

This is so fucking stupid.

>how do you do fellow kids?
looks gay desu

I mean, honestly, if anything in the film should be an obnoxious vlogger it's Flash.

>He keeps pulling mean spirited pranks of Peter to put on his channel.

I mean, they already dropped the physical bullying aspect, so why not?

You see now that would actually be a good idea.

>Spider-Man never does photography of himself! This movie sucks!

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

PS4 exclusive

>Yfw Uncle Ben loses his figurative son to and cucked by Tony

Way to not leave any evidence, Peter. Christ Id take selfies over this, at least that's photography

I take selfies! I use emojis!

>written by Mark Waid

During the day I'm swinging from webs, but at night I'm a vlogger on the world-wide web!

Anyone remember Ditko's run?

Remember how he portrayed Peter as a flawed teen with pent up anger, struggling to understand what exactly responsibility meant as he took care of his aunt in the hospital?

I miss that teenage Spider-Man.

>NBD
Bravo Pascal

We had movies like that already

Have you guys ever seen actual well know vloggers? They legit act like this.

Too bad they made Mary Jane black.

Pass

Bullshit, which movie was the Ditko teenage Spider-Man movie?

>tfw never getting a barely keeping it together anit social Ditko-Man.

Looks pretty great, Peter is still so innocent and hasn't yet been struck by that famous Parker Luck, can't wait for the actual movie.

I mean yeah

That's not what people have an issue with. They have an issue with /Peter/, specifically teenage Peter, being one of them.

The Amazing Spider-Man.

like i get what you're saying but that pic is all from the text. Peter is expressionless af

Ditko's Spider-man was an inch from becoming an school shooter

Tobey and Garfield got into fights at school

Ah I see.

>Dreamboat Garfield acted anything like Ditko Peter Parker.

So you've never read a comic before?

If that's the only reason why you're not seeing this movie then maybe you should re evaluate everything.

Yeah we used to have Spider-Man. This isn't.

Yeah, because they'd actually have to have a decent writer and they run the risk of people feeling "uncomfortable".

Either do teen Peter right or don't do it at all.

Recording something for yourself is not the same as being a vlogger, you know.

This is Ultimate Spider-Man more than Amazing

Anyone crying "not muh" needs to realize that

>Getting into a fight is the same thing as Ditko Peter.

>Getting into a fight is the same thing as considering whether or not you should rob a bank to help out the only person who raised you.

>Getting into a fight is the same thing as fantasizing about killing your school bullies.

>Getting into a fight is the same thing as slowly turning yourself into an isolationist.

The game is only coming out for Ps4

this better?

>Brooding loner who talked shit to bullies, lashed out at the world and was prone to outbursts of anger.

Being handsome doesn't negate any of that. Specially since Dikto's Peter was a hunk in disguise as well.

>Ultimate Spider-Man

Even worse. The only reason why people hold it so high up on lists of good Spider-Man stories is because of notalgia fagging. Even then Ultimate Peter wasn't fucking stupid enough to record himself as Spider-Man.

thx

i need to sit down and reread original ASM, i always get bogged down at the start bc it's just so many villain origins

One of my favorite parts of "Homecoming" is how people exaggerate how edgy Ditko's Peter is to justify their "NOT MUH".

Being a brooding loner isn't the same as Ditko's interpretation. Ditko's Peter was one bad day away from becoming a villain.

I think Ultimate Peter was the right approach to modernizing Ditko's early run, by having Pete with a chip on his shoulder and pretty sarcastic about anything.

>Exaggerating.

All of the shit I listed are things that happened during teenage Spider-Man.

>teen Peter is a precocious kid who is always happy and excited and talks too much. He'd never get angry and he always takes people's shit without objection.

Stop hyperboling. He was edgy but never to that point.

Based marvel

Be sure you do your part to help this make a billion and make Blunder Womy a joke... well MORE of a joke

Ultimate Spider-Man is 'not muh' lol

Too bad Ultimate was too reliant on plot conveniences and coincidences and only is held dear to people since they just collected a big "best of Spider-Man", but watered down all the stories they were collecting.

I can't tell if this is Johnny or Flash.

He was though. I hate to agree with Dan Slott on something, but if you look at Otto's upbringing and hold it side by side with Peter's the comparisons are impeccable.

Just replace being beaten by your father with getting molested by your neighbor.

how many decades ago was that again? nobody wants to sell this movie to vietnam veterans user.

>I've never read a comic in my life.

Story still holds up today apart from dated dialogue. Also, how many damn book adaptations are there that are centuries old?

#WOKE

>comic
you mean those things that no one below 20 reads? why would they be loyal to the source material?

this goes both for marvel and dc producers for being so assholish towards comic fans but theres really no monetary reason to respect the source material.

By marketing it to people with disposable income?

that's bullshit man. There's a lot of teens today that have to take care of their aging parents and relatives, and it sucks. That's a core theme of spidey that many young kids could relate to today. Instead of giving aunt may alzheimers or something they made her even younger, and hot, and hip. Just one of many signs that they don't get what spidey is about.

Shit, that's a good idea.

This is what happens when middle aged men try to write teenagers.

Not only his figurative son but his wife also. Hell, wouldn't surprise me that in the MCU Tony Stark hired the Winter Soldier to kill Uncle Ben.

If Ben didn't die, Peter would be a super villain.

Going through it now. The pacing of the stories can get a little slow at times, and the science is hilairious; I completely understand why adaptations usually medal with the origins.
On the whole though they're a lot of fun. What strikes me is how funny a lot of the lines and quips are, and the characters really are engaging.

this is what happens when some idiot wants to hate everything

>Unironically supporting this shit.

>Getting into a fight is the same thing as fantasizing about killing your school bullies.
>Getting into a fight is the same thing as slowly turning yourself into an isolationist.

These things literally never happened, you fucking scumbag.

Just because Sup Forums likes to meme that they did, doesn't make it true. Read the fuckin' comics you casual piece of shit.

>The only reason why people hold it so high up on lists of good Spider-Man stories is because of notalgia fagging.

Thanks for confirming that you haven't read a single issue of USM.

>shit
>92%
How have you not learned to trust marvel by now?

>caring about rotten tomatoes

take your memes and go.

>Caring about RT before the movie even came out officially.

Why not just ask Sony directly how good the movie is? Take out the middleman.

>punching a guy = wanting to murder him

Learn english, faggot. "splatter that clown" does not literally mean murder, dumbass.

But those literally happened in the book?

Still hate that Tony is decking Peter out with all his gear.

I have, which is why I say the only reason why people like it is because of nostalgia fagging. USM was riddled with bad writing and way too many plot conveniences.

Except they didn't. Regard the supposed wanting to kill his classmates, see: And the literal opposite of becoming an isolationist happens. Peter quickly garnered favor of his classmates (as shown in pic related). But I would expect some casual memester to have any idea what actually happens in the comics.

que?

>reading comprehension

You lack any form of it.

People keep saying that but I don't think it's true. He was certainly on the path to being even more cynical and jaded but certainly not "an inch from becoming an school shooter." You're waaaaaaaaaay out of touch if you really think that anti-social behavior means a kid is a fucked up monster.

He's literally fantasizing about the Fantastic Four failing to save Flash Thompson and him dying. Do you need a dictionary?

And then immediately realizes that its a stupid thing to want to think.

Are you telling me that you've never been so mad you've wanted to kill someone? Even just to humor yourself?

Fuck off.

Define what fantasizing means to me.

Spiderman is a bully. He teases and makes fun of his villains, he is overly emotional and the school bullying he faced is vented out through is spiderman persona.

I'm not that savvy with Ditko era Spidey, but if this is after he got his powers, punching Flash would absolutely kill him.

Its a passing thought. Not fantasizing, you illiterate nigger.

Stop being so hyperbolic. Your stupid exaggerations only show that you haven't actually read the comic that excerpt comes from. Try actually reading a comic, casual.

Yes. But its slang, dumbass. "Splatter him" is like saying "knock him on his ass". Not literally wanting to murder him. Stop being so dense.

Also, it's not that he realizes it's stupid, it's that he realizes he /shouldn't/. Just read the dialogue, he's disappointed that he wasn't able to. That's what Ditko Spider-Man was about, Peter learning to stop thinking about himself and look at a larger picture. It's a story of growth. And as for what you said here: it doesn't matter what he ended up becoming, his tendencies was definitely pushing people away, like Liz and Betty. He didn't start getting favor till he began to wise up and grow, but you'd have to read a comic to know shit like that.

That's when he's at his best.

>Passing thought.

Look at Peter's face. You think Ditko drew that accidentally?

>his tendencies was definitely pushing people away
For the first four or five issues. Then its not really a problem. He's already hitting on babes by then.

>Look at Peter's face
Apparently you're too alien to understand human emotions and that angry people think extreme things as passing thoughts.

I'd be happy if you got shot right now. I guess I'm secretly a murder, right?

That's a quarter of his high school stories dumbass.

Also, what babes? Betty? Because she's not exactly that hard to get with.

>I'd be happy if you got shot right now. I guess I'm secretly a murder, right?

Not, it means you'd be fantasizing about shooting me. Do you really not know what fantasizing means?

>That's a quarter of his high school stories dumbass.
No its not, you illiterate faggot.

Pic related is from ASM #7. Yeah, he's clearly being an isolationist, right?

Again, try actually reading the comics.

>No its not, you illiterate faggot.

Yes it is, dumbass.

>I'll disprove to you that he totally got babes by showing you the one babe you referenced him getting with.

Man, you showed me.

>Claims he's a complete isolationist for the first quarter of his high school stories
>Gets shown that the statement is bullshit.
>"Gee, you sure showed me!"
Yeah, yeah I did.

>called happy
>constantly irritated

What's a quarter of 28?

Pic related is from ASM #4. I didn't realize that wanting to join in the group qualified as "isolationism".

From ASM #6.