There is zero reason to believe Joi is conscious...

There is zero reason to believe Joi is conscious. People just look at the surface which is a pretty girl who proclaims her love for K. But that's just an actor. Joi is an AI. There is zero reason to think she has any complex consciousness or free will going on. Everything she does is the result of a simple pursuit of her programming: make her master happy.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie
youtu.be/6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Everything she does is the result of a simple pursuit of her programming: make her master happy.
If only real women were like that

Agreed. Just like that Black Mirror episode

Did you read anyone here thinking otherwise? TNG is standard fare around here so there isn't anything to your diacussion Data didn't already tell us 20 years ago. 2049 didn't try to hide this.

There is zero reason to think anyone or anything is conscious.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie

We are conscious, so we can infer that replicants, since they're just variants on humans, are conscious too.

AI is just going through the motions without any inner thought. Joi doesn't have an inner monologue. She just reacts based on calculations. The hesitation you see, or anything else, is just acting by the hologram.

I think the biggest clue she isn't real is that K is still lonely with her. If she was a full person he wouldn't be as nearly as alienated.

thinking you're "conscious" ROFL brainlets

You missed the point of my post. Read the article I included. How do you know anyone or anything other than you is conscious?

K is also an AI, so all your objections to Joi's sentience apply to him as well. The only difference is he's corporeal and she's virtual

No, K is a grown human+ with fabricated memories. Anyone who thinks replicants are AI utterly missed the point the movies were trying to make.

why would an AI ask K to bring her out on a stick

thats very human, a risky emotional decision that probably breaks a bunch or her own internal protocols and sense of self preservation

and does it matter though? things dont need to be real to exist

It protects her owner, and by making herself killable it makes her more real, thus makes him more happy. All she wants to is make him happy.

> bunch or her own internal protocols and sense of self preservation

Why assume she has any? She's just an AI hologram. Giving her self-preservation mgiht cause tons of issues. ie. she arranges for the murder of her host after the host decides to delete her.

but people are lonely amongst real people too

just look at Sup Forums

how you don't have a real doll with a usb stick backup in the future is beyond me.

hopefully you will eventually learn that whatever mechanistic process you reduce her thought process to (to argue she's not conscious), you will find also applies to humans.
>but there's a "me" experiencing my experience
sorry it's an illusion due to having an (inaccurate) model of your own thought process

It's a movie, it isn't real.

youtu.be/6iqmIoHL74Y
that is because the movie has no creativity. it's simply made to ape the original

I haven't seen this but from what I can tell she does far more complicated shit than just "advanced ai" could do. You do realize that the human brain is essentially just a weird computer right? How is the goal of reproduction/survival more legitimate or necessary for consciousness than the goal of pleasing your master?

We watched the movie screen and felt something between K and Joi but they are really Ryan Gosling and an actress. When K realizes she was just AI, K realizes he's like us; a viewer experiencing life through a lie. That's why everything he does afterwords is cliche; he's finally an absurdist hero Like Albert Camus's 'The stranger' yet he's better than that as strives his life for meaning. I'm not sober right now.

yes she wants to make him happy... but she sold out her -real- owner, Wallace corporation, to protect him

that seems very non AI. imagine your computer intentionally bricking itself when it senses the FBI knocking on the door because of CP

>You do realize that the human brain is essentially just a weird computer right?

I don't think he does, and that's why some people start sputtering and coughing the instant they're told what most people think of as the simplest possible scifi idea. For whatever reason, there are still a lot of people who genuinely believe human consciousness is magically irreproducible somehow, instead of literally just being a computer made of flesh that we'll pretty soon be able to make 100% perfect copies of.

I know, but I pretty much feel the same as K.

At this point, as long as it feels real to you, who cares.

So sell a wallace stick and make him happy?

I bet you do like to imagine that user.

K is the one who thinks made lifeforms don't have souls. Joshi was telling he was special from the getgo

nice try, Skynet

we know you're there

real girls cheat
real girls scheme
real girls lie
real girls are spiteful

i would much rather have Joi

>replicants, since they're just variants on humans
it's long been established replicants are programmed

Wait so you've never seen Ghost in the Shell and you made this thread? Are you stupid?

They were actually hinting that AIs will become the next Skinjobs. Slaves of society that are treated like property, even after they develop genuine feelings and desires.

Change it to make herself happy.

There is zero reason to believe women are conscious.

Mama, is you sayin' that women are THE DEVIL?