Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qayq4esPWEg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1hAJBDZe21w
youtube.com/watch?v=diuexInkshA&list=PL6HWv8KDh7kpEt7SPB_gtPddK8wOop3Vc&index=57
youtube.com/watch?v=23Hovo63hp4
youtube.com/watch?v=BBq8x8tjpsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EDNLyxfUVb8
youtube.com/watch?v=MstFAgX8XdM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>netflix

>everybody is an asshole: the animation

Ok adaptation of a mediocre manga

Anime reached it's zenith decades ago with the help of America.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qayq4esPWEg

why was it so hot?

Last episode was absolute animekino.

Was unironically really good, the soundtrack was fantastic. It was refreshing to have a show that didn't why away from nudity and hardcore gore

The Last three episodes were 10/10. Got a lump in my throat at the end of 9, never thought that'd happen with a fucking anime

donkey noises

Best anime series I've watched in the past couple years. The soundtrack was a huge boon to its emotional impact, namely during the pike dance scene and when it kept showing the flashback of the baton passing as Akira and Satan battle in the atmosphere.

I cried both times I watched it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1hAJBDZe21w

It was a poor adaptation. They rushed through important scenes from the manga to add some anime-original scenes and characters that go no where and take away from the story as a whole.

Likewise, they completely changed the characterization of Akira, Ryou, and Miki. Ryou is a completely irredeemable psychopath, Akira is a moron who will agree to anything, and Miki is just kind of generic, despite them putting more focus on her in this. In the manga Ryou is crazy, but much more likable. He and Akira have a believable friendship. Akira is much more inquisitive. For example, Ryou spends much more time to convince Akira to join him at the Sabbath. Ryou's reasoning is far more convincing as well. In the manga Ryou wants he and Akira to merge with demons so they can prepare to fight them. In Crybaby Ryou's stated reasons are comparably selfish, and yet Akira accepts them without question. There is a lot more build-up in the manga. Crybaby's pacing is all over the place.

I also thought that it was fairly boring aesthetically for a Yuasa work. I was expecting something more along the lines of Kemonozume, but aside from a few nicely animated sequences (namely the Sabbath) Crybaby looked pretty sparse. Some episodes like the track episode had some noticeable quality dips. I'm not someone who says "all Yuasa works look like trash." I love Yuasa's style, but Crybaby is not his best.

I can bring up more changes, like how they completely ignore most of the demons in this adaptation, or break up fairly visceral moments with needless monologues and flashbacks, but I think this is enough for now.

I was over the moon when I heard Devilman was going to be adapted by who I consider to be one of the best directors working in anime today. I could not have been more disappointed.

That's a really reused image. I've seen it a few times in other places. The Casshern live action movie had it and I'm pretty sure it happened in a few other animes like GTO, I think.

So?

Me too.

i like the song a lot
youtube.com/watch?v=diuexInkshA&list=PL6HWv8KDh7kpEt7SPB_gtPddK8wOop3Vc&index=57

added to my anime playlist :3

I squaim

Pure kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=23Hovo63hp4

First five episodes were comfy, like the 90s Spider-Man cartoons.
Too bad it went retarded in the second half.
I'd probably like it more if it was a monster of the week affair.

>guy holds gun to girl while raping her
>lowers gun and girl kills him?
>she continues to fuck him anyway
wut

That looks horrible, can barely tell what's going on and the animation is shitty.

youtube.com/watch?v=BBq8x8tjpsQ

Fuck off tripfag

He was about to cum, also that girl is possessed by a demon and sexually frustrated.

AOTY, light novels brainlets need not respond.

BETTER than I expected expected, not a ten out of ten but like a solid seven

Am I the only one who noticed how similar "Devilman" is to Darren Aronofsky's "Mother" (I disliked both btw)?

>both are Biblical analogies with the realization of the reveal serving as the kind of plot twist

>both tell sped up high concept stories that become horrifying due to how quick the lives of the characters change

>both show the decay of humanity in front of divine circumstances/apocalypse

>the climax of both movies features angry mobs killing the persons most dear to the protagonist

>both end with failure, and death of the protagonist, and reboot of the universe

As a big fan of Yuasa, I agree. Although I have not read the manga, your comparisons seem reasonable too.

they really should not have subtitled the rap
it takes away so much from it when you try and read along

t. newfag who's never even heard of EoE

I'll never get how there are so many big Yuasa fans that have never read Devilman.

It's almost as if Aronofsky is a huge weeb or something.

Because Devilman is generic shounen garbage and adapting it was a massive waste of Yuasa's time and talents.

I hope you're just pretending to be retarded.

Being "generic shounen garbage," whatever that means, doesn't change the fact that it's a highly influential and popular manga that should be entry-level reading.

>EoE
>Thinking "muh mechaDevilman OC" tumbles down was ripped off by based Debirumon

post kino niprap
youtube.com/watch?v=EDNLyxfUVb8

>highly influential

Probably the reason why 99% of manga is garbage, then.

That fuck you was fucking CHOICE

Three words:

EDGY WEEB GARBAGE

Everyone says that Devilman ultimately went on to influence Neon Genesis Evangelion and Berserk, and watching this anime I can see how that might be the case, but both of those animes still have way the fuck better writing than this did.

I've listened to that at least once a day for almost 3 weeks, now

Anyone has a webm of the opening scene of ep 6? Was really interesting.

Where the fuck can you find the song that plays over the opening credits of Devilman? It's not part of the OST for whatever reason.

It's Man Human by whatever nipband does the OP so maybe that'll help

the first time he ran I laughed for a minute straight

youtube.com/watch?v=MstFAgX8XdM