Is this movie winning the Oscar for Best Picture?

Is this movie winning the Oscar for Best Picture?

Hopefully not, its truly very bad. But it probably will.

Nah, Lady Bird is winning everything

The florida project.

It's hard to imagine a less deserving film so, yes, it'll win

It will win Best Picture.

It was nominated for SAG (won), DGA, and WGA (only achieved by it, Get Out, and Lady Bird which have no chance)

It was nominated for Best Editing, which almost every Best Picture Winner has had (Birdman is the exception and that's because there was hardly any editing in that film to begin with)

It's a serious political drama, which is far more likely to appeal to the Academy as opposed to it's main opponent Shape of Water, which is a fantasy.

It will win 4 of it's 7 nominations: Picture, Actress, Supporting Actor, and Screenplay. Woody is eliminated since Rockwell will win instead, Score will probably go to Shape of Water, and Editing will probably go to Dunkirk or something much flashier.

Probably, yes. It seems like the frontrunners are it and The Shape of Water based on the Golden Globes and the guild awards winners, and genre films like The Shape of Water aren't usually Best Picture winners.

fuck that this was so much better than literally 90% no 99% no every fucking thing last year

what movie dis is?

Why should Abortion Be Legal the movie

More like Why Welfare Should Be Abolished

what kind of creature is on the right?

Instagram woman

Blade Runner 2049 already won.

le 56% face typical amerimutt female type

Is it really bad? What makes it bad exactly? Only movies I'm currently exited to see are this and Shape of Water.

Brit trying to write a story about American culture

It tries to be like a Coen brothers film but it fails. It's unrealistic, it's supposed to have a lot of black humor but it's really not funny. All the characters are mean fuckers, nobody is likeable. A lot of things that happen don't make any sense. The ending is anti-climatic.

I was like pretty sure I was enjoying myself during the film and there were a couple of really nice places, but its really dull when you reflect on it at all. Just awful writing, how McDonaugh gets any praise for that shite is beyond me.

SHAPE OF WATER IS WINNING BEST PICTURE

SCREENCAP THIS

Is it just me who am I kidding it never is or is it a really medicore season? Three Billboards was fine, enjoyable, but just fine. Same with Shape of Water. Just passable films. Lady Bird I couldn't get into. The Post I've yet to see, but cursory glances tell me it's a T. Hanks character piece akin to Cpt Phillips or Sully, and it'll again be fine, but nothing great.

Blade Runner was a truly great film but it's nominated for fuck all. What went wrong? None of the nominated films are even that good in comparison to previous Oscar seasons. Even dreck like Silence (Scorsese) was more aesthetically and mechanically satisfying than any of the nominated pieces.

I saw this movie today with my Sister and we both thought it was horrible. Frances McDormand's character learns nothing and is the same as she was at the start of the movie, that is a massive cunt. This film is incredibly overrated. I would write more but I'm exhausted and mad that I will never get those two hours back.

No Nomination which is fucking disgusting imo

>Three Billboards nominated for Score
Literally fucking why? It was bottom of the barrel shite coughed up by that hack Burwell.

>Frances McDormand's character learns nothing and is the same as she was at the start of the movie, that is a massive cunt
Why do you think this is a valid complaint? Character development is not needed in films, where did you get that idea from? Have you not considered that the fact she didn't develop was a rather important point to the film?
Other than the very weak ending, I don't see where all the hate is coming from. It's certainly not best picture worthy, and it's not In Bruges-quality, but it's still a good movie.

it's a marvel-tier comedy that is being masked as "black/dark humor" that is written horribly. The transition of scenes to scenes are edited really bad too. It's clear that they dont know what they want you to feel/think in a scene since it 180s mid convo all the time. He was trying to be "authentic" like coen bros, but it was executed absurdly atrocious.

This. The soundtrack was unimaginably bad AND bland. I distinctly remember that they used the same tempo, layout and 'feel' (might have been the same song) for a scene that is supposed to be heartwarming (the deer scene) and another where it's supposedly a tense scene (fire scene). That moment just took me out of the movie and i got furious.