Young Justice Outsiders

Who else is excited? Production seems to be ramping up, multiple episodes have been recorded at this point. Also Britt Baron, who Greg pretty much discovered when he had her play Rain in the Rain of the Ghosts audio play years before she recently gained semi relevance playing Justine in Glow, let slip she's in it. Greg seemed to love her then, calling her an up and comer, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a pretty big part.
twitter.com/YJWiki/status/877252746222743552
go90.com/videos/8lS0xQF8GEa (8:55)
youtu.be/kV8Z1fX9XwA

>Young Justice

>Last episode shows Kamandi poking Nightwing's eye sockets with a stick.
>A martian skeleton is sitting on Nightwing's pelvis.
>Kamandi, bored out of his mind, jumps in shock when he hears the word "cucked" smugly flowing through the wind.
>Then he hears someone yelling in rage in the far distance.

Korra-Young Justice-Green Lantern Saturday mornings are some of my favorite Sup Forums memories

I only got into the show after it ended and missed out on the Sup Forums threads, so I'm looking forward to it.

I never liked the show, but I still hope this is a success because I want more action cartoons.

>Turns out the entire last season was just Kamandi trying to piece together what happened to the Justice League.
>Doesn't really learn anything except Dick has a big wang and cucked Bruce Wayne as revenge.
>Also, the League predates the cataclysm by a century or two.

Im looking forward to it. Im not that excited but its the kind of show I like to watch in-between classes.

I was literally about to call you a newfag before I checked my calendar and realized these were 5-6 fucking years ago

>2 shit shows and one surprisingly good show
>memories
That's sad. At least you didn't bring up Thundercats.

Sup Forums whining NOT MUH YOUNG JUSTICE made for a really fun filled Saturday morning.

With a name like that they better use Katana

I'm bummed her cross-media push led to the bomb of the Suicide Squad movie but they can still salvage that

Also get the actress back, she was qt

First show I ever watched from leak to beginning to end with you guys.

Uneven but worth it for the HAPPENINGS in show and IRL

>CN puts it on hiatus after hiatus and finally puts the whole DC Nation block on hiatus

Faggot pls go

>YJfag calling other faggots

Will there be a sneak peek or any info like a release date at SDCC?

>writers didn't know
>CN Facebook intern didn't know
>iTunes didn't know

>user got laid trying to comfort female friend who cried

Katana is still being push in DC Superhero Girls.

Is this actually any good or is just ""beloved"" because it's a waifu/shipfest. Because you tooncucks usually have some pretty shit taste.

What's happening with Glorious Gordon Godfrey given Tim Curry's stroke?

>THURSDAY, JULY 20
>10:00–11:00 a.m. Young Justice Q&A — Young Justice is back! Do not miss the show’s triumphant return to Comic-Con as series producers Greg Weisman, Brandon Vietti and key members of the creative team, including art director Phil Bourassa, will be on hand to answer your burning questions about the first two seasons of this beloved fan-favorite series and, if you’re lucky, you might learn a thing or two about the highly anticipated Young Justice: Outsiders. Room 6BCF
Probably

>Is this actually any good or is just ""beloved"" because it's a waifu/shipfest.
Nope to both in fact most of Sup Forums hated it but it came out in a time where action shows were on its last leg on television and CN royally screwed everyone over with hiatuses so fans wanted to "stick it to do them" by supporting a shitty show also retards like these who have nostalgia over the time it aired on, the fact that Korra is included in that spread means it has nothing to do with quality.

Recast like Aku

It had classic DC when DC itself was going through the New 52 change

It's by Greg Weisman, one of the greatest cartoon show runners out there. Before this he gave us Gargoyles and Spectacular Spider-Man, also beloved. Just like those it gave us compelling stories and characters. A faction of Sup Forums hates it because somehow it's surprising teenagers are full of angst.

>It had classic DC

Most of the ships are cringey and Megan is cancer

The action is good, just that the plot is just JUST AS PLANNED over and over

Even Weismanfags were disappointed by Young Justice also
>Its SUPPOSE to be shit because its teenage angst

You chucklefucks never cease to amaze me.

>cringey
I can't take anyone who uses this word seriously. It brings to mind images of a kid hiding his face from a kissing scene on TV.

I like teenage angst. No one complained about it in Spectacular.

>No one complained about it in Spectacular.
Because it was actually done well or at least it didn't make me hate most of the cast involved.

Embarrassing then

Megan mindraped Superboy into liking her and she never got real comeuppance

Wally and Artemis hooked up offscreen after S1 offscreen, same for Tim and Cassie in the last episode

Bumblebee and the black dude had boring drama

Only Robin/Zatanna was cute since it was just mutual flirting from the get-go

Good times.

>multiple episodes have been recorded at this point.

I would imagine ALL episodes have been recorded. Unlike with japs, American cartoons don't start the animation process without voice recording first.

They're still doing recording at this stage. Queen Bee's voice actress announced on Twitter she's recording later this month.

But yeah, I wouldn't expect the season to be ready until mid-2018, at least.

According to Nolan North in the video in that twitter link, as of mid June they had gotten up to episode 5. That Britt Baron interview in the other link just came out today and she said she was going to start recording in the next few days, so they're definitely still in the thick of it.

>GLTAS still dead forever
>will never see Blue Lantern Razer

Who knows, if this DC streaming thing is successful it could happen.

This might be a stupid question, but does recording voices before animating have any significant difference?

I don't want to be cucked out of the Outsiders again. It already hurt the first time.

If the recording is before they can try many different takes with different emphasis, speed, etc. Maybe even throw in some imporov. When the animation is already done they're slaves to it.

I like every the show up until season 2 when they skipped ahead a few years, I hated that
Is it worth trying to get back into?

Yeah, I definitely enjoyed season 2. They said there will be another time skip between 2 and 3, but they wouldn't say how long so they could just be fucking with the people who hated it and it's like a week or something.

>Jonsboy
>"Classic DC"

m8

That is so apt.

Fuck Young Justice, I'd rather we get more Green Lantern TAS.

>Megan mindraped Superboy into liking her and she never got real comeuppance
Wait, when was this? I remember him breaking up because she invaded his thoughts, but that's it. And he was dating her before them.

>Wally and Artemis hooked up offscreen after S1 offscreen
After developing the relationship and establishing romantic intent, ending with them kissing at the end of the first season.

>Bumblebee and the black dude had boring drama
Yeah, that was stupid. She was just a callous bitch who focused on her own life, and didn't seem to understand that relationships require effort.

>Wait, when was this? I remember him breaking up because she invaded his thoughts, but that's it. And he was dating her before them.

Disregard that. It's basically a meme at this point every time YJ is brought up, just like this

The romantic feeling between Ms.M and Conner didn't develop until after their mind meld in Bialya where they lost 6months worht of memory. It was suggested/slightly hinted that Megan might have unconciously put in the romatic feelings in Conner's mind. I don't believe thats true, but people have concluded that its what happened.

It's not. She only helped him restore his memories. He was already pretty friendly with her as far as the Santa Prisca episode.

If anything, the mind meld episode is where he learns she's a White Martian. There's even a very brief image of her true form inserted in the flashbacks that showed the G-nomes.

I agree, Its also how Conner found out about the whole Hello Megan thing which he reference during the terror twins episode.

I think that people only latch on to that theory because of the final shot of her putting his memory back is the whole "too much at once" scene.

I still have to catch up on season 2. I want to savor it, but at the same time I want to finish watching it before the new season arrives:

>Rain of the Ghosts

Oh yeah, I remember that. Shame it never got a sequel.

I really want to go back

>I don't agree, so it's a meme
This is exactly why people talk shit about YJ fans.

I remember not caring for Young Justice until I saw a screenshot of Artemis curled up into a ball unable to overcome her fear and I went damn. I gotta know what happened.

Also she was hot as fuck. That 'V' shape on her stomach was veeeery nice.

That show had too many cuties.

I'm excited.

The former is literally a joke about Miss Martian having brainwashed Superboy because the mind meld scene made it seem that way.

The latter is the same damn comment posted every time YJ is brought up, it might as well be a joke.

Sup Forums hates it because it has absolutely zero taste. Young Justice is the pinnacle of superhero shows but since there are nits to pick Greg Weisman suddenly became the worst writer ever and one of the best adaptations of the DCU is shit because a show about teenagers has teenagers act like teenagers.

Name three animated shows of comparable quality and subject matter that aired on the same day since then.

Also, it's right near impossible to do proper lipsync with no prior audio recorded.

First season was fun, but the second season was such a mess. I get the feeling this 3rd season will be another mess.

I hated Superman being a deadbeat dad, that was fucking bullshit.

How dare he not be immediately cool with his rape baby!

Christ, it was.

He wasn't a deadbeat dad. What he did wasn't right, but it also shitty of everyone else to expect him to just raise a clone created to kill him like a son. They also presumed too much of the relationship they would have, since they consider themselves to be siblings in season two.

Yes it did, Spirits of Ash and Foam. It was a two book deal to start with though and no word on if the third book, Masque of Bones, will get picked up. The audio play actually happened to generate interest, but it didn't seem to.

She did, technically, mindrape Connor into liking her. It's why they broke up. She was erasing memories of them fighting so he wouldn't be angry.

So she didn't create his feelings for her, but she was fucking with him to maintain those feelings. I don't feel she got enough comeuppance for that and all the other mindrapey things she did in season 2. And poor Lagoon Boy, he got used.

It wasn't necessarily about the show's themselves faggot.

>if this DC streaming thing is successful
user, I

It's a definite possibility.The YJ fanbase grew exponentially after it was over and showed up on Netflix. They're even crazy enough to listen to Greg when he tells them to leave it streaming on repeat 24/7 and pelt Netflix with revival requests.And let's not forget, a Titans show will certainly also be popular with a particular crowd.

I just hope the Titans show doesn't end up being The CW quality. I want DC to have at least one decent live action superhero show (Gotham obviously doesn't count).

I meant an audiobook sequel, but yeah. The set-up is kinda weird for a book series. It honestly felt video gamey and I would rather see it as one than a book series.

As you said, she didn't create the feelings of love. All she did was try and keep Connor happy. It came from a good place, and her actions ended up dissolving the relationship and teaching her something.

What mindrapey things did she do in s2, exactly? I don't remember much, other than her breaking Aqualad after she thought he killed Artemis. And she had to risk her life and fix that.

I don't know how you could expect anything other than abject failure from current DC, especially with an idea as stupid as their own streaming service.

She lobotomized a Krolotean or two, and Kaldur. It definitely feels like something that would have been/may still be addressed in season 3.

The story I've heard is that it was originally supposed to be a show for Nick in the 90s, and when it didn't go Greg was able to keep the rights due to his connections. It definitely makes more sense as a episodic "collect the mcguffins" show than a book series, or a game, but I think he did a well enough job adapting it.

>Young Justice is the pinnacle of superhero shows
This show tried way too hard to be Justice League 2.0 and it failed spectacularly.

How can it be the pinnacle of superhero shows B:TBATB exists?

I thought Alfred was Luthor for a moment, and I watched half the show.

Fuck no! Most people who praise YJ don't even like superhero shows they're the same fucktards who unironically like Arrow and Flash because of the DRAMA and hot actors.
>a show about teenagers has teenagers act like teenagers.
This meme needs to die.

lolwut?

So is Darkseid gonna job to a bunch of little kids?

Are we talking Red Hood or Katana?

What do you guys think Miss Mindrape will do this season?

Them and the JL.

>only DC cartoon to be brought back to life by sheer fan demand
>one of the starting attractions of an ambitious DC streaming project

Yeah, what a failure.

I DEMAND TO KNOW LEX'S MASTER PLAN

I don't see what he can possibly gain from 1. Creating Light 2. Creating Young Justice 3. Losing to Young Justice 80% of the time 4. Bringing Reach on Earth 5. Destroying Light 6. Kicking out Reach.

Is he just bored?

Something to do with cloning, probably.

Nigga I liked Young justice but that is not GL:TAS

>only DC cartoon to be brought back to life by sheer fan demand
Nope
>streaming service
KEK

Teen Titans wasn't brought back though.

>cancelled after two seasons
>B-b-b-b-b-b-but it was brought back and will be premiering on a new streaming service instead of airing on television or more popular streaming sites
What does that have to do with anything?
Even more hilarious was that GO is more successful than YJ ever was.
TTG is an offshot of the series that started out as DC Nations shorts called The new Teen Titans. The whole reason why the shorts came to be was because people loved the TV series and the reason why Go became a thing was because the shorts were well-received so TTG becoming a thing is largely due to fan demand.

Yet they didn't hire the people that made the shorts

>yfw they do a young justice version of the clone saga

I think its because they were doing TMNT 2012. Would have made more sense because the shorts were in the same style humor and animation wise as the TV series than what the MAD creators did with it.

Shitty taste for cartoons gtfo

>YJfag calling other faggots
that's make no sense, also
>Sakura Card Captor

YJ did fine, rating-wise. It's not the show's fault Mattel went full retard with the toy line.