NEW PBF

NEW PBF

pbfcomics.com/

C L A S S I C

That is fucking dark.

That's three days old, c'mon now, son. Try to keep up.

Thought these were dead after the famous weeaboo one, thanks for informing me OP.

Okay I'm not trying to stir shit, but to me this seems like a pretty blatant indictment of people pushing transgenderism and/or sexual reassignment procedures.

No, it's just a dark comic (check out the other ones)

Not even close.

matt...is that you?

idk if that's the intention, but it's certainly a fair call.
Typically whenever someone pushes you to something you should always ask why. Corporations and even just other people rarely have a stranger's happiness in mind.

To be fair, It's somewhat strange that the term weeaboo has entered the popular lexicon because it was a wordfilter for wapanese like 12 years ago. This joke is kind of weird anyway.

I've read PBF for years. Many PBF comics have something poignant to say about humanity and I don't think this one is any different.

I don't think it's necessarily the "correct" interpretation, but I think reading it that way is accurate. I think it could apply to many situations in life, but based on the presentation, gender reassignment was the first thing that sprung to mind.

no one cares tumblr

I care.

Should have been called Whistleblower

The spider tricks bugs into thinking that getting tied up by her silk is going to be the same as a cocoon and turn them into a butterfly. But instead she eats them, because she is a spider. That's the joke. That thing you thought of, that's just your idea, and probably has little to do with the actual author's intent.

I agree with moot. The word Wapanese was terrible.

This is only reasonable if you assume that the author is a complete moron.

There's nothing stupid about telling a simple joke. Usually the "deeper meaning" people see in something is just something they made up based on their own beliefs, and are projecting onto the source material. And since everyone likes their own ideas, they become attached to it.

This comic represents how advertisers reel people in with enticing offers, when in reality the people are getting lied to and the advertisers are feeding on them.

Now you say your idea.

Shit, this could make for a million meme edits.

Fucking spoilers, gawd.

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

You are a moron for thinking that. It's a visual gag, the spider pretends to be a butterfly and the cocoons are dead bugs in silk traps. It doesn't need to be philosophical, dumbo.

Not him, but..

This comic is an allegory for the upcoming transhuman "revolution", whereupon millions of technophiles willingly accept brain implants in the hopes of expanding their consciousness, senses, and access to information, but instead become cyborg slaves.

I read it as selling people shit that's bad for them, like too much plastic surgery. Or maybe something like drugs.

GIGA KNIGHT
GIGA KNIGHT

Thanks OP, I haven't seen one of these since the RSS feed broke

Huh
That one isn't in the website archive anymore.
Also, the format has changed retroactively.
I like that the pictures are larger.
But I feel like it messes up the original flow of the joke.
No doubt this is to make it more readable on mobile devices.
What a shame.