I think we can all agree on this:

I think we can all agree on this:

SM2 > SM1 > SM:HC = ASM1 > SM3 > ASM2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I agree

SM2>SM1=SM:HC>SM3>ASM1>ASM2

You meant a '>' where you put that '=', yes?

Either way, I put SM3 over ASM1.

And I can't agree on Homecoming's placement only because I haven't seen it yet. Though I will say that it's interested me enough that I'm actually going to the theater for it, which hasn't happened for me (as far as Spider-Man movies go) since SM2.

I think 3 is above ASM1 and I think HC is above 3

It's medicore

>We

Stop trying to act like you have friends, OP.

MMM let me see.... Yep, you got it right user.
AND...and, that there is no room, hype or need for a venon and black cat movie...right?

Spider-Man 2 is shit.

The villain's impetus to commit crimes is because his mechanical tentacles told him to.

hi, reddit

I would swap asm1 and sm3 but otherwise yeah
asm1 is still way too unfocused on peter's characterization and niether homecoming or 3 had something as bad and contrived as the camera bullshit from asm1 so I rate them a little higher. might just be I still really don't like that movie.

Can't they all be shit?

I don't think we've nailed Spider-Man yet. And with all this shit, it doesn't look like we'll ever get to.

asm1 = sm2 >hc > sm1 > asm2 > sm3

Agreed. I like Homecoming but damn I miss Tobey.

I CONCUR

Close but you used the = in the wrong place.
SM2 > SM1 = SMHC > ASM1 > SM3 > ASM2

>SM:HC = ASM1
Oh fuck no. ASM1 was a charmless, sterile bore whose only claim to fame was that it was better than what followed. SM:HC has so much more personality to recommend it in comparison. Better villain, better humor, better atmosphere, better lead, etc.

>Norman Osborne is told to do evil deeds by an evil mask
>Otto Octavius is told to do evil deeds by mechanical tentacles
>Harry Osborne is told to kill Spider-Man by his dead dad's evil mask

What's your point?

>SM2 remained the best cape movie until Logan this year

Fucking how

same shit plot

I think we can all agree that any OP starting with "I think we can all agree" is absolute cancer.

Not that guy, and I like Spider-Man 2 alright, but I'd say the takeaway from all that you said is that Vulture's motivation in HC not being "I'm a crazy guy and I want to kill Spider-Man!" was a breath of fresh air.

Fucking hardly
>ASM1 has another "guy turns villainous and crazy because of an experiment and tries to do some insane half-cocked plan Spider-Man need to prevent" we'd already seen several times in the Raimi movies
vs.
>HC has Peter go up against a griping working class villain with a believable grudge who's trying to pull off high-stakes heists that will release dangerous weapons to criminals
You can think it's a stupid plot, but it's not the same hackneyed seen it before trite BS of ASM1.

Homecoming > rest

/thread

HOL UP
>we

Homecoming pros:
Drawing from USM (wanting to be on the Avengers) without the "scripted wit" feel
Tom Holland was a great Peter, Michael Keaton was a grounded and great villain, and supporting cast (Mainly Ned) was good.
The movie humanized Peter and even Spider-Man incredibly well (and in the early stages, Peter is meant to be the most relatable character in Marvel)
Toomes' hatred toward Spider-Man was done well. He was a pest that was foiling his endeavors. That's all you need baseline for Spider-Man to draw hatred from someone and it worked well.

Homecoming cons:
4 action scenes but a lacking "fight" scene
The ass-pulls of making Adrian Toomes Liz's father and MJ "reveal"(Definitely blaming Sony for that)

look at this, a purist. good for you man.

I legit liked Amazing Spiderman 2 in the same way I liked Sups vs Bats in that it had a lot of bad stuff, but also good stuff, only ASM2 was in general a lot better then BvS.

>Logan
dont do that dude... or you wiil need to explain how the fuck the universal understanding of "indestructible" has changed for the entire world

BvS is better than both.

This. Peter's dilemma of wanting to help and feel important was much more entertaining and realistic than any of the other films. I really felt like I was watching a teenager struggle with being a student and a super hero for the first time.

Speak for yourself user.

SM2>>>>>>>*SM:HC>SM1>ASM1>>>>>>>literal hot wet shit poured all over your eyes>>>>>>>>>>>SM3>ASM2

HC > SM2 > SM1 > SM3 > ASM2 > ASM1

Ultimate Spiderman the movie was fun as fuck.

The only good thing in Homecoming was the slight expose of the villain really being a scrapper, doing whatever he needed to make money for his family.

He wasn't even evil in the stereotypical sense.

Everyone else was shit, the movie had zero pacing, jokes mostly fell flat.

Except when he killed a guy and shrugged it off?

>people actually like SM2

actually this though

barring the ridiculous Audi ad placement, it's pretty much a flawless vanilla Spider-Man movie

You're like a hobo that barges into a social gathering of aristocrats and calls them uncultured pigs while shitting on the floor before being forcefully removed.

I'd put SM1 over SM2.

Neither are really bad movies, there's just more I like about the first one.

this

This is okay.

SM1>SM2>ASM>ASM2>SM3>Iron Man 4

SM1>SM2>HC>SM3>ASM1>ASM2

They encouraged him to go for what he desired, which was to complete his life's work.

I feel like Homecoming was, generally, an OK movie, and a good MCU movie, but was certainly lacking as a "Spider-Man" movie.

Like, I wouldn't even try to compare it with the others. It feels like a completely different character sharing Spidey's aesthetics.

t. idiot who didn't see the greatest superhero movie ever made

It isn't user. You may be a typical fucking nobody who eats up anything the MCU shits out but some of us have fucking standards and Iron Man 4 is uninspired trash written for the youtube generation.

>uninspired trash

I thought that was the ASM franchise. As someone who's neither seen ASM or Homecoming, even I can tell that ASM has far less integrity behind it considering it's sole existence was to retain the rights. Homecoming actually seems like it's trying to be something as it's seemingly interesting enough that I might actually go see it.

I enjoyed Spider-man 3 as a comedy.

What about Spider-Man 3.1?

ASM is only put above Homecoming because it features a Peter using his brain instead of relying on someone elses. Developing the shooters, the web, that scene where he feels the vibrations across the webs, it was all prime time Spider-Man and as vital to his character as the jokes something that was lost in Homecoming.

>crossposters from Sup Forums
you have to go back

>I don't agree so he has to be a Sup Forums shitter

No wonder Slott does so well when there are faggots like you so ready to eat up anything with a Spider in it.

This.

>barring the ridiculous Audi ad placement

What the actual fuck are you talking about? If there was any car I have seen shown to much it would've be when spiderman steals Flash Ghandu's car but I didn't notice it was an audi, and even if it was, it wasn't really an advertisement as much as it was base on the plot.

On another note though, what would've been even worse was that it would've been a pizza hut commercial given that I see promotion of the movie on the pizza boxes. Thank God they didn't do that.

>I am a strong and proud individual and not a sheeple since I have contrarian opinions about movies

I was honestly thinking "he's probably just 14" but then I read the youtube generation bit and cringed when I realized no you're probably like 26 and seriously think this way.

That "ass-pull" was amazing and raised the stakes for both the hero and villain all in one moment, I don't give a fuck if they change fucking Liz Allen's family structure from the comics.

Didn't Tom Holland's spiderman actually develop the web shooters before he got the suit? I know that Tony Stark made different variants for the web shooters but based on what I saw in the movies (homecoming and Civil war) those webshooters were originally his I think. That being said the first ASM did a great job showing that.

>Didn't Tom Holland's spiderman actually develop the web shooters before he got the suit?

Yes. We see him use them in Civil War. Peter's were more janky and cumbersome. Tony just made a more refined and streamlined version because, unlike Peter, he's got the resources to.

I wonder if Andrew Garfield feels embarrassed and humiliated by all this.

He should. The only reason any of this was possible was because he pissed off Sony's execs so much that they pulled the plug on the ASM franchise and all that would spin off from it.

>be in a reboot that was supposed to make up for the messy hole SM3 left and restore Spidey's good name
>it ends up being significantly worse than SM3 and hated by everyone to the point of needing yet another reboot

JUST

It was far superior to any of the Raimi shitshows.

That these people need to stop skipping their therapy sesssions, but if they did that we would lose about half of all super villains (not even counting an archnemesis because almost all of them have serious hate boners only a lobotomy can cure)

He should feel proud he ended the Sony abomination train and helped deliver the character back to Marvel Studios where he belongs.

>>be in a reboot that was supposed to make up for the messy hole SM3 left and restore Spidey's good name
It wasn't made to fill a void that SM3 left. It was made as a save point because if they didn't do anything with the property after a certain time-span they would've lost it and it would go right back to Marvel.

>it ends up being significantly worse than SM3 and hated by everyone to the point of needing yet another reboot

Not everyone hates it, just most people. Kids who were introduced to it first are pretty much the only people who hold it in any positive light.

Pic somewhat related. She's gone on record saying she likes the ASM movies over the Raimi films.

homecoming got that teen feel just right, the whole bit with flash and the crowd chanting penis parker was straight out of a public school,

I hope not. ASM movies were good for what they were.

Yeah, seems fine
I remember being literally on the edge of my seat in the theatre during the Dr. Ock fights. There was just something about 2 that made it better than 1.
Then 3 ruined everything and now Pete is aging backwards

Sure to be a hit with kids

Get off Sup Forums, Garfield, your movies were shit.

2>1>3>literal shit>everything else

>Get off Sup Forums, Garfield, your movies were shit.

How does my post come off as me being a prick with a tiny head?

Besides, wasn't Liz already related to a Spider-Man villain (Molten Man) in the first place? Or was it Betty?

Bruh there was literally a scene where Happy is driving Peter to the new Avengers HQ and he says "Isn't it impressive?" and the scene shows the Audi AI or some shit and then it cuts to the Avengers HQ.

It's just obvious, Andrew.

what did he do again?

>what did he do again?

I don't remember the details, but basically there was a meeting with Sony about what they were gonna do for the next ASM movie and anything else that followed. Garfield was supposed to be part of the meeting, but opted to skip out for whatever reason. The Sony execs who were present for the meeting were so offended by it that they shut down any and all plans that were or could've been slated to happen for the franchise.

If anyone involved with the ASM franchise were enjoying any level of success from it and it ceased when production was cancelled, it's entirely because Andrew Garfield couldn't be bothered to show up for a meeting. He literally killed his biggest role ever.

>He literally killed his biggest role ever.
He took one for the team. Knowing that TASM3 would feature the symbiote with powers to revive dead people makes me glad Andrew didn't go to the meeting.

I disliked SM1-3. I think HC was better than them. Come argue with me, anons.

All that said, "Flash's" character just made me roll my eyes and MJ did as well to a lesser extent only because of the super superfluous connection they had to make between her and the comic character. I liked Ned. He really feels like a big sperg who you're still friends with because you share interests with him and am willing to overlook his other flaws. Glad they didn't insert any "drama" between Peter and Ned, with Peter neglecting Ned just to try and score with his crush. Shows that his problem isn't that he doesn't have a proper set of morals and just puts all the focus on his desire to validate his own sense of self-worth.

Was the White/Silver haired girl who kept showing up in the background supposed to be Felicia?

no way SM3 better then ASM2 i

T H I S

SM 2 > SM 1 > SM 3 > ASM > Homocumming > ASM 2

The biggest laughs in the audience at the viewing I went to were from the Captain America tapes. Anyone else get the same?

>implying that homecoming got deep or original villains

Why would anyone argue the truth

What was your reaction when this happened?

youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY

This

>Iron Man 4
What does that have to do with anything in this thread, it was Iron Man 6 and Iron Man 7 that featured Spider-Man.

Flash was pretty much that beta bully that would've been some bigger bully's toady if he was in any other school.

I did like "MJ" as a character, but if they wanted her to be MJ, just give her the name.

Unless "Mary Jane" is going to be an alias later or something.

This is the only correct list in this thread.

lol

>I think
And that is where you went wrong.

I don't know what kind of high school you went to but shit like that would've gotten him roasted instead for being on peter's dick so much

I think this scene made me hate this movie forever, that or the Electro Dub Step intro, or the annoying kid and Rhino scenes

FOR NO REASON

SM1 > SM 2 > SM:HC > ASM 1 > SM3 > ASM2

I can't stand Tobey.

I liked SM1 and 2 a ton when they came out, but I feel like time has not been kind to them. They're not a kind of cheesey that I enjoy any more.

I chuckled to myself because I immediately thought of baneposting