Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Who is best Shredder?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g0ixWMO57Aw
youtube.com/watch?v=HTkA6MXdV2M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Original Comic Shredder, including Karai.

Demon

Ch'rel. fucker hated the turtles so much he tried to destroy the multiverse

>Alopex and Angel only got there because they were kidnapped against their will.
didn't they say they were gonna tell them where they got snatched, if they know the general area they can tech out a solution to getting there

A badass human able to take on four mutant turtles is better than an immortal alien that needs a robot body to do the same thing.

Suck it utromfags.

>People STILL think 2k3 Shredder was good, or even a good character

>Im-fucking-plying anything isn't better than 80s Shedder
Kill yourself

You lie!

His fight was power-rangers-level hype

Why do people like the 80's Shredder other than the voice?

One being shit doesn't magically make the other one better user

HE WAS THE HYPE!

You fight well...in the old style

>Comic shredder
>Badass human who can take on all 4 turtles
>dies like a bitch and is replaced by his daughter by the first issue.
>80's shredder
>goofy nip that looks like a black man that leads a robot army with a brain monster for reasons that are never explained.
>Utrom Shredder
>badass ancient ayy lmao that fled to earth and adopted Nipponese culture and assumed the identity of an ancient yokai. Actually has a sympathetic side and raised a human girl indiscriminately despite being a small red brain squid.

03 is the most superior. Shredder in the comics was a good intro villain but Shredder only persisted because of licensing over toys and shit in the old series. The old series is just too silly to really see Shredder as a cool character.

Ah, the rat! So it has a name! ... It had a name.

>goofy nip that looks like a black man that leads a robot army with a brain monster for reasons that are never explained.

It is explained, Krang was stranded on Earth without a body, so he let Shredder use the resources of the Technodrome as he pleased as long as a new body was constructed.

It's a totally nonsensical bullshit explaination of course, as it raises more questions than it answers. It is still an explaination though.

Revenge-obsessed psychopathic 2012 CGI Shredder has been my favorite Shredder so far.
>REEEEEE
>HAMATO YOSHI
>TANG SHEN IS MAI WAIFU
>YOUR DAUGHTERU IS MAI DAUGHTERU
He did however sometimes become too crazy in his desire for revenge.
I mean, killing Splinter while they're both trying to save the world during the Triceraton invasion? Dude, seriously, kill him after the world's been saved.

Why couldn't Krang just make a new body himself?

>Liking Autist-Shredder

Why does Hollywood insist on such fucking messy designs?

And yet even the goofy 80s Shredder held his own against the turtles. Movie Shredder was also a badass crime boss that managed to survive getting crushed in the first movie and became an unstoppable roid mutant (until he stopped himself). Arcade Shredder is cheap with clones and one hit kills. 2012 Shredder beats the shit out of everyone and steals away Splinter's daughter. IDW Shredder is a merciless murderer.

Human > Alien

Autist-shredder was truly nipponese.

I do like in the 2012 series that Shredder is Splinter's bitch but Yoshi won't go through with killing him so Shredder had to get by with a cheap blow when his back was turned.

Find her...silence her!

This. That final fight scene is still one of my all time favorites

80's cartoon Shredder. He was voiced by Uncle Phil. Can't beat that.

youtube.com/watch?v=g0ixWMO57Aw

This. Original Mirage Shredder is best. He shows up in so few comics yet is utterly dangerous and memorable. He's dead by the end of issue one, then returns in the Leo One shot in such a shocking way, almost killing him. That comic is still one of the best issues if TMNT ever... and the last one to come out right before they ruined tmnt forever with Cowabunga Pizza Turtles Cartoon.

Honestly I just like his design, complicated but not to the point of being a walking junkjard, I do dislike his charater though

Why is Shredder watching so many cartoons?

Maybe of they toned down the metal parts he would look better, but design-wise O3 is the best

Why were these deleted? They weren't offensive posts. Mods are abusing their power.

So what about Oroku Yoshi? Or is do gooder Shredder too much?

87' Shredder still managed to beat the shit out of the turtles each and every time they tried fighting him.

Utrom Shredder is the best one by far. I still get chills from the Secret Origins arc.

I always thought Shredder being an alien in a superstrong robot body really took away from the badass normal that always managed to fuck up every other mutant and alien that came up.

Even his own robots and mutants were afraid to start shit with him.

Because these designs are meant to be projected onto 40ft+ wide screens, where minimal detail is thought to look odd or fake.

2018 Shredder is going to be the best.

have we seen the next series Shredder yet?

>Keeps a 9 foot tall tiger man, 8 foot tall rhino man with lasers, evil genius that wants him dead real bad, ninja trained wolf man, and vast robot armies all in line with "do it or I'll kick your ass"
>he would easily kick their asses and they all know it

Last I heard we still knew next to nothing about the next series.

He was a scary in other ways. Or should we remember him being the only Shredder who gave "penalties" to those who failed him?

Wasn't that mostly just Baxter though?

To be honest, Baxter really had most of them coming.

Like...every other carton villain?

Was he mentally ill?

I don't seem to recall most other cartoon villain taking body parts of their henchmen. I mean the usual offing of one yes. But limb removal?

TMNT would just be another forgotten small press 80s comic without the Cowabunga Pizza Turtles.

Most cartoon villains don't remove body parts until they're just a brain in a jar.

What tmnt would be nowadays without the 80's cartoon?

A thousand times better and totally free of nostalgiafagging midlife crisis fucks trolling every thread we try to have here?

it would be a fucking paradise

Autistic

>A thousand times better and totally free of nostalgiafagging midlife crisis fucks trolling every thread we try to have here

What? Everyone was happily talking about Shredder with only a few mentions of the 80's one and even . What the fuck are talking about? Where are the trolls? I've been in most of these tmnt threads and it's normal discussion with the original comic, IDW comic, and various cartoons until someone has to go "omg 80s fags!" out of nowhere.

You know Usagi Yojimbo and Hellboy? Know how they're still published after 25+ years and even have some projects outside of comics? It would have been like that, the importance of the 80's is grossly overestimated by morons who think anything less than a soulless merchendise cashcow is somehow a failure.

Not that it would have been a valid defense of it's quality anyway. Other better projects being greenlit because it's success doesn't make it any better on it's own, it just means it was another step on the ladder.

80's Shredder even being mentioned in a "Best version of.." thread IS trolling shithead

>It's trolling because I said so!

There are always people the go in and say TMNT is better off being as corny as possible. In some ways I agree since the entire concept of the original mirage comic was to combine all the popular ideas at the time. At the same time though, dark and brooding was an element of that time that the 80's cartoon forsook.

Because he's /ourguy/

I really like that IDW's Shredder for the longest time felt like this guy. A total monster, but also a showman who recruited his goons as much through grandstanding drama and making them feel great as he did through fear and force. He was a head of a crime organization, instead of just the strongest ninja.

Yeah IDW Shredder nicely balanced. The great thing about him though. For all his leadership he never saw the grander picture and still be locked into being a pawn for another larger game.

He was very well thought out that way. He wasn't presented as infallible, and his obsessions and emotional problems still caused him to make mistakes just like anybody else. You could easily see what Karai both admired about him and couldn't stand, and his relationship with Splinter is easily the best TMNT's ever played it. I genuinely hope (although I know otherwise) that he stays gone, because that last scene was perfect.

I think he will for the most part. I mean with Ch'rell looming you just know they're gonna go down that angle eventual. Then probably have a Shredder war.

i agree

Shredder from 2003 series would have been GOAT if not for the dumb utrom shit, even still hes top tier, whenever he showed up you knew the turtles where going to get bodied, he was like a force of nature, even "death" did not stop him.

My african americans

When Shredder returns in IDW anyone else hope he kills Kitsune? That bitch is working to essentially destroy his consciousness from his own body and replace it with her father the Dragon. So it's fair for Shredder to figure out a way to destroy her.

The only God who I don't want to see die so far is Toad Baron, he's cool.

Do you think they could've beat him if they had to fight?

Killing himself is his best skill.

Based on what?

Cuz if you mean feats and achievements, its hard to top a death toll thats in the billions.

Why did his armor mutate too?

Mutagen's some fucked up shit.

Fuck
yes

>Only came out because the turtles were causing his clan too much trouble to put them down himself
>Took on all 4 of them
>Was simply playing with them until he held down Leonardo and was going to stab him
>Said the others were foolish as they could've let Leonardo's death be a distraction while they all charged in and overpowered him

So much you get in such a short scene that leaves you satisfied without tons of dialogue and martial arts. You get Shredder immediately.

>If you fail me one more time I'll totally do something other than shake my fist at you
>I swear if you fail me for 32nd time I will definitely do something this time
2012 Shredder is trash like all of 2K12

Then there's the end payoff. The moment Splinter confronts Shredder with the truth about both their identities: Shredder being Saki and Splinter being the same rat who clawed up his face.

Goddamn is the original TMNT freaking awesome.

May as well ask, but would any of you FEW TMNT fans of Sup Forums watch a series of PG-13 Animated theatrical movies about....

Adapting IDW TMNT's arcs?

Think a TMNT Cinematic Animated Universe kind of deal with continuity. Hire the same writers to help adapt this well with no execs or suits getting in the way.

Eh, perhaps he beats them up sometimes.
It's just that mutants do have seemingly better healing capabilities, so whatever punches and kicks he gives them will be gone by the time we see them.
He did transform Steranko and whatshisname into Beebop and Rocksteady.

Shredder was. But the fascinating part of the 2012 Shredder is that he's so blinded by his hatred. That he will always blame it on Yoshi. That his desire for revenge destroys his humanity completely until literally undead.

"Ah, the rat! So it has a name! ... It had a name."

"Do I?"

I feel like "I straight up stole one of your boys" Shredder gets some points for doing just that.

But then again...

"I have attained the power to manipulate the cosmos to my whims" Shredder has some serious contention.

Nah, they work great as comics but I like each version of TMNT doing their own thing. I don't want to hail any certain version as too true and better than the others. Besides, I don't think IDW does great at villains outside of the Foot and Krang.

Although "Fought his way to become shogun of hell and then returned from death to rule the world" Shredder has some gleam to him.

Name a live action villain full on intro better than this? Pro-tip: You can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=HTkA6MXdV2M

You must be joking. IDW TMNT has retooled and outright invented the best Rogue Galleries of TMNT Villains. I honestly don't care about Shredder and Krang because they're boring. BUt Old Hob, Bishop, Leatherhead, etc. are much more intriguing based on their schemes/motivations.

Makes me wonder what will Hob do as he's the most interesting villain. Currently he's morally grey, but what will he do to further his agenda. He cannot fight against humanity because he'd be killed very quickly along with his tiny fraction of mutants. Additionally he doesn't have the resources to fund a mutant army nor does he have the tech that even Donatello manages to construct to fight other antagonists. Hope IDW plays it smart with Hob and that he doesn't do something stupid like he randomly killing many humans drawing the attention of cops, government agencies, and of course Bishop.

And what post did you reply to?

Just gonna... Supply this thread with some cool pics to keep things fun.

Hob is great, but he stopped being an out and out villain a long time ago. I really don't think he's going to slide back into that, he's too popular in the morally grey area and they like showing off him becoming more noble rather than more dangerous.

Bishop is okay but currently all talk, and Leatherhead was very cool but like all the other non-Foot villains he really doesn't have much to do outside of the one story but sticks around anyway. Stockman's been interesting, but even he's outstaying his welcome. Meanwhile, the gods and Null were never that great. Rat King started fun but wore out very quickly.