Spider-Man recommended reading?

Hey Sup Forums I've been wanting to read Spider-Man for a while but I don't know how to go on with it.
I started reading The Amazing Spider-Man and read it all the way up until #230 but I feel alot of issues are just filler or not really worth reading. Even then there are alot of issue that say, "Look up Spectacular Spider-Man" and "Team Up" issues. Since I have no reading guide on which issues to read of spectacular, team ups and amazing I just want to read Spider-Man's good stories so any recommendations?
I did found the Marvel wikia's recommended list but feels like it hasn't been updated in quite a while.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookreadingorders.com
comicbookreadingorders.com/marvel/characters/spider-man-reading-order/
comicbookreadingorders.com/marvel/marvel-master-reading-order/
comicbookreadingorders.com/dc/characters/superman-reading-order/
comicbookreadingorders.com/dc/events/new-52-reading-order/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get out while you still can.

Oh on that note, would it be a good idea, like those Win-O threads and, could we have a weekly "Recommended Sup Forums reading" threads for all super heroes? With you all anons constantly updating, discussing what all stories are good and should be in some list, and posting recommended stories in general.

But get out of where, Comics in general or Sup Forums?
I've been a lurker here for a long time, and am doing reading of most of current on goings.
and I'm in need of new hobby since For Honor is currently so shit that I've decided to take a break till Season 3.

Get out of reading Spider-Man. It only gets shittier and shittier. I would dare to say that by reading 230 issues you've already read most of its best.

Really? I think I've only read The Amazing Spider Man up until First Secret Wars starts.

Most Spider-Man stories are shit anyway.

Spider-Man is shit. Read about a good super hero like Superman.

Most of it is good. Staceys, Symbiotes, The Other, Big Time, Superior Spiderman just watch out for the Clone Saga that is a slippery slope.

I actually want to read him too. Though again don't know where'd be a good place to start.
In DC, I started up from Rebirth and have been liking them alot more than Marvel honestly.
Though I feel I've missed few call backs to New52.
Also on DC I want to read into Crisis as well.

I read Ock's Superior Spiderman and those were fun. I did stopped before Original Secret Wars so don't know much about his black suit but want to read the entire thing about it all the way to birth of venom.

For Staceys I really loved Captain Stacey.

The Clone Saga is a masterpiece of endearing excesses.

user pls

Web of

the Volume 2 renumbering to Superior Spider-Man

Paul Jenkins's stuff. It's really underrated.
Peter Parker: Spider-Man (1998) #20-50 + Spectacular Spider-Man (2003) #1-27.
Like, seriously, check it out. Jenkins is great with characterization and making old characters look more interesting.

Comics are weird in that you really need to follow the creators around as opposed to the superhero.
For weeklies it's fine, but if you're going to put yourself through the Marvel hero with the longest consistent line of bad runs, then do yourself a favor and stop now, and figure out your favorite Spidey writers and go from there instead. Chances are they've done multiple runs or issues of Spidey, too.

>Spider-Man is shit. Read about a good super hero like Superman.

If you want to read long shit and are ok with old comics, the Post-Crisis continuity (starts in 1986 with the Man of Steel miniseries by Byrne) is good up until maybe after the Reign of the Supermen arc. Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow is a classic send-off to the previous continuity.

For standalone stories, read Birthright, All Star Superman, For All Seasons, For the Man Who Has Everything, What's so Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way, Peace on Earth, Red Son and Kingdom Come.

You've read all the Spidey stories that are worth it, maybe just read Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut, Kraven's Last Hunt and nothing else.

Those years were the definitive Spider-Man, everything else has been just redundant.

>Comics are weird in that you really need to follow the creators around as opposed to the superhero.

Isn't this the case with every form of media though? Everything that makes us like something is in the creator of it. Big two superheroes are weird because they're written by multiple people over the course of years.

There are already plenty of Sup Forums recs online if you would only just google them. We don't need a thread dedicated to spoonfeeding newfags.

comicbookreadingorders.com is a pretty good site for reading orders
It's not as bare-bones as reading orders usually tend to be
It has essentials and just good and/or classic comics
Here's your Spider-man:
comicbookreadingorders.com/marvel/characters/spider-man-reading-order/

And all of Marvel just in case:
comicbookreadingorders.com/marvel/marvel-master-reading-order/

Well here's Superman:
comicbookreadingorders.com/dc/characters/superman-reading-order/

Also New52:
comicbookreadingorders.com/dc/events/new-52-reading-order/