Why does marvel do this

Why does marvel do this

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/foxs-new-mutants-casts-newcomer-blu-hunt-danielle-moonstar-role-1009703
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because minorities won't shut the fuck up

I'm less worried about her being black than I am with the fact that her costume is just nothing like Valkyrie.

tessa thompson got a lot of positive spin from her appearance in Westworld

The Valkyrie character per Raganrok's script is a lackey of the Grand Master (Jeff Goldblum) and is a reinvention of the character.

so marvel figures if they're already overhauling the Valkyire origin and character, why not cast a rising star actress

if she was named "warrior woman" would you mind? She's basically an OC.

Well Thor material hasnt been great anyway so why start now?

taika waititi, who gives no fucks, is going to make it great

They do it because comics are whiter than fuck and they need to put a little color in there wherever they can. They should honestly turn a few of the main characters into POC.

Because if (((they))) don't cast black people then the black people might realize they have enough cultural cache to fuck off to Chicago and start a new cultural hub to rival Los Angeles.

>if she was named "warrior woman" would you mind?

Nah. It seems like there's a lot of characters they could use in this situation. Or make new ones. I don't think anyone would be mad. It seems weird to drift so far from the original.

Like Deadpool in Origins.

It seems she's an outcast Valkyrie, cause I'm the trailer you see Hela fighting a bunch of blonde haired warrior ladies in blue capes.

>It seems weird to drift so far from the original.

Concession to the plot.

Taika is a good director and writer, so I imagine he had a rough outline for his three acts from the start

First act will be the release of Hela and destruction of mjolnir and asgard, second act will be thor exiled leading to the gladitorial match with the hulk, third act will be escaping/defeating the grandmaster and then Hela. That's just a rough guess.

So Thor needs to meet a common character throughout the movie, so the Grand Master gets a bounty hunter of sorts, who can double as a love interest for Thor. Valkyrie is a pretty lesser known characetr from the comics, ripe for reinvention.

Also they're probably setting up that all the Valkyries died to imprison Hela, and only another valkyrie would be able to do it, and surprise, surprise, tessa thompson's character will be that valkyrie that can defeat Hela.

Nothing new

My only problem is that she's ugly.
At least Domino is a cute.

I don't know, dude. I think she's kinda hot. She's got a great ass.

>My only problem is that she's ugly.

ehh she's pleasant and she has a natural charm and intelligence.

The part that particularly bothers me is just how his love interest isn't Sif.
They have a character who's literally been in love with Thor from afar is already awesome as fuck.
If they really wanted to make a strong woman of colour in a superhero movie, don't just make her a sidebitch for the main white hero. Have her be comrades/partners with him in the same way Anderson is with Dredd.
I know this is essentially me going >muh shipping, but if Sif's and Valkyrie's roles were reversed, I guarantee you that no one would be having any issues at all with her race change.

2/10
You have better in you user.

She better fucking at least get braids later. Why cast a black woman if you can't even take advantage of their cool braided hairstyles?

Because Disney doesn't give a fuck, the current runners of Marvel do not give a fuck, and the only people who do give a fuck are the fans...who are ignored for a bunch of screaming minorities who don't even into comics.

She is basically an OC...at which point why couldn't they just make her an OC? Why completely destroy everything about a character, and then saying "it's X character."

It's bullshit.

I'm gonna make a film about MLK jr where he's played by a white man. Because Civil Rights needs more color than black.

I'm not sure what ticks me off more

that they're blackwashing characters after screaming about "whitewashing"

Or the fact they didn't even bother to cast Good looking "diverse." You're telling me there aren't Chad Indians, Attractive blacks, and Hot latinas? Regardless of race, I have trouble taking any of them serious as those characters because the characters are all 10/10s, and the actors are a 5/10, 6/10, and a 3/10.

>why is a fictional character from a movie based on a fictional character from a comic book based on a fictional character from mythology not her REAL race?

>why is it only ok if they're white?

This girl's bad acting stuck out like a sore thumb in Westworld.

You know damn well what the answer is.

the same answer it always is?

I know the answer you think it is is "slavery" and "white privilege".
The answer I think is "cultural subversion" and "ethno masochism".

Is it, though? I mean, I haven't really seen any cases of black characters being co-opted by white culture anywhere, except if you count Spawn's best friend from that terrible Spawn movie, or, if you stretch it a lot (and I mean a lot) the main guy in the newest Harry Potter movie.

If they're gonna fucking change a characters skin color at least do it right. That costume looks retarded, at least keep the armor fucking silver.
While your at it, change Asian characters into blacks and Black into latinos and Latinos into asians, be EQUAL OPPORTUNITY up this bitch.

>She is basically an OC...at which point why couldn't they just make her an OC? Why completely destroy everything about a character, and then saying "it's X character."
>It's bullshit.
They pulled the exact same shit with """"""MJ""""""

That last one looks like an effiminate Puerto Rican boy.

That's because no one even dares to do it because they know it's absolutely unacceptable. They even have the term whitewashing, even though it's the opposite that constantly happens.
It's double standards by the left.

OP, Non-White Valkyries have been a thing since the 80's.

>tessa thompson got a lot of positive spin from her appearance in Westworld
Are you fucking kidding, she was the worst thing about the show (not the actress, the shit role she had).

>turning her black for diversity points
I'm annoyed, but i'll accept it.
>no boob cups
Okay, a fucking line has been crossed.

But seriously, she looks so bland she may as well be an extra.

Black has way too many black people, We should add more white people into it.

The cast a safe black I.e a biracial half white chick and y'all get triggered

Honestly as a black person I sick of this safe racebending and people bitching about them "Blackening" shit up when it's actually biracial actresses

You don't fucking get it, idiot. It's not about being black. It's about not having the race, the personality, the suit, or any other semblance to the source material.
If she was vietnamise it would still be bad.

What kind of delusional SJW moron thinks fans get mad exclusively because it's a black person? This isn't the 30's.

>tfw no problem with minorities getting some non minority roles
>tfw my problem is they're not attractive/good actors
Fugg this
>zendaya's best known for her roles on shitty live action tv shows and movies on disney channel
>unattractive in the movie for some reason even though she's attractive in real life
>chad turns into a queer looking indian kid
Spooderman's friend Ned was okay, I thought he did his role well, and op has yet to be seen, but what the fuck

I hate her so much, she's played a huge cunt in every movie she's been in. Westworld, creed, dear white people, all cunts. Just smug and smarmy in a grinding way. Thus I can only conclude shes a cunt IRL. I don't know why they would make a good guy character, like did they have her read the script and go "ah, such a cunt, SHE should be our brave strong Norse character"

Really dropped the ball by not casting Yvonne Strahovski. Looks perfect for the part and there'd be an added bonus of seeing her fight alongside Fandral.

why can't we have such nice things?

Executives who prioritize "diversity" over good casting

You are worse than idiotic if you think there were no white (or other than African Americans) in the Civil Right movements.

>nonsense nonsense blah blah blah

What this user said

Orly?

Tell me, when was the last time you saw a movie or a book about them? When was it you saw them even presented in a competent light?

Face it, white people were the reason the Civil Rights Movement was successful, they provided most of the skill and support while a few educated black men were the face, and yet you'd think whitey wasn't anywhere near it and only black people were involved.

so the point stands user. If people are gonna complain about "muh representatun" when it comes being able to swap "diversities" in for white characters, when there's a shit ton of already "diverse" characters in the medium they could use, then people can do the same and swap race on other shit.

White washing used to happen a lot more. Still does occasionally but mire to other races like in 21.

2. There are less black characters to turn white available. More white characters leads to more racebending away from white. Less black characters means less racebending away from black.

Bernie Sanders.

I'd disagree heavily with them providing most of the skill and support. They were important obviously in reaching 'moderate white people, and an integral part of the success, but insinuating blacks were nothing more than a face is dumb. Do you have evidence otherwise?

it's a little discussed fact of history, but it's actually accurate.

There was a shortage of educated black people, so they got priority as "Faces" while whites, being typically more educated, took the support staff rolls, and background rolls. Most of everything not out in public was done by whites, because most of the blacks didn't have enough the education to provide any support themselves.

>Bernie Sanders

He's a Jew, not white.

Apparently casting attractive people, especially women, is "sexist" these days because "muh oppressive beauty standards, how dare people spending money to go see a movie expect to see good looking people!"

The SJW's are running the asylum over there.

Then why not use one of them in the movie instead?

I'd prefer Dani Moonstar to a brownwashed Brunhilde.

Turning a Scandinavia-based, blonde, blue-eyed, fair-skilled amazon into a brown babe seems a great way to declare war.

I wonder who the white warriors in Black Panther's movie will be.

I don't get it. What's wrong with this actress? Is it her costume?

Kinda like how Obama was the first black president.

...Hold up, his mom was white! Yeah but he's still black.

But he's exactly as white as he is black!

No, if you have just one drop of non-white blood in you -

>a Jew, not white

Can't tell if serious

It's the fact she does not resemble the original character she is based on. It gets a pass because she is not a main character.

Those are some sad tits

>I wonder who the white warriors in Black Panther's movie will be.
I think I'll storytime this quick bit from back when Marvel had humor and wasn't only a propaganda outlet for cultural Marxism.

>if she was named "warrior woman" would you mind? She's basically an OC.

No, I'd be fine with it. More OC is good, changing characters is bad.

>changing characters is bad.

but user, valkyrie is barely a character
in her first appearance she was an illusion created by the enchantress

LOL. Modern Marvel would go bankrupt before publishing this. What a difference 12 years makes.

>tfw they don't do What Ifs anymore
>and it's because they put the hillariously ridiculous concepts in the main canon now
Being a Marvel fan is suffering.

She literally has the exact same skin tone as the far left picture

>when it's actually biracial actresses

I think this might be a plot point though.
I suspect the way they're playing the character is that she might be the daughter of a valkyrie and Heimdall, who is played by Idris Elba.

Oooooooo....

Now that I would give a pass.

Who could resist the Elba?

It aint marvel. Shit goes like that once it hits big screen picture... Who own big screen pictures ? Go figure.

Thor, apparently.

>It aint marvel.

Marvel has been criticized for diversifying their heroes with non-white replacements for a while now.

>Valkyrie
>black
>not even buff

I'd be fine with it, make her like a Marvel Big Barda and add her to the Warbound.

Me?

The guy can't fucking act. He gets a pass because he tries to be black young Brain Blessed, except he's not even half as eloquent as Brain Blessed.

>why is X the wrong race?
>why can't X be the wrong race you bigot?

It's funny how Sup Forums has been having the same thread for 5+ years now.

Who is this?

Chris Hemsworth

Ist she a Valkyrie thats not Brunhilde?

You mean specifically sjws or what?

Valkyrie

It remains to be seen. She's definitely *A* valkyrie. A lot of them are shown in flashback being killed by Hela.

It would be funny if she was Gunna Sijurvald aka Troll.

There's nothing to being a SJW unless you're constantly bitching to show everyone what a SJW you are.

People who actually DO good things for society, instead of just hammer others with their bullshit exist, but those aren't "social justice warriors", those are just "good people".

There's a difference between talking about helping the poor very vocally, and doing volunteer work without patting yourself on the back on social media.

SJWs and good people never overlap.

She could be a composite character because Marvel might not own the rights to Moonstar. And the actress is part hispanic, which is as close to native as hollywood can get.

if you're attracted to this you're gay

Oh shit, they really don't
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/foxs-new-mutants-casts-newcomer-blu-hunt-danielle-moonstar-role-1009703

why are white boys so triggered when they're reminded women and minorities exist?

if you're going to whine about this inaccurate bullshit. you should also be complaining why Iron Fist isn't an Asian man.

We waz vikings
Go back to Tumblr

No, you are gay.

>Go back to Tumblr

It's WUZ
also VIKANGS
faggot

This is the only board where bait this weak can make someone react

No one reacted to it but you.

oh wait was that the bait?

t. musclefag

Because too cheap to get decent costumes/armor.

Fuck off beta.

dang, she looks like a superhero