Where would the story needed to have changed for this to have happened?

Where would the story needed to have changed for this to have happened?

You know, if we don't subscribe to fated lovers hands in the cosmos nonsense and realize relationships are as much the circumstance as they are the compatibility?

>Zutara shippers still pissy after more than a decade.

Will Korrasami haters still be pissed off in ten years?

Not a whole lot. Maybe have Zuko join the gang slightly earlier, and then obviously develop their relationship a bit more. I kind of think that they already did develop feelings by the end of book 3.

People talk about what they want to talk about. Why are you so pissy about that?

>Blue Spirit episode
>instead of attacking Aang, Zuko just decides he's too tired and too hurt to hold him so he just lets Aang go
>in turn, Aang ends up letting the medicine woman know where Zuko is, and then when Katara and Sokka ask, he lets them know Zuko saved him
>when he's tracking Aang with Jun and finds Katara, Katara is like 'okay why would you stop the FN from catching the Avatar?' and when Jun learns Zuko is the Blue Spirit, she alters the deal for the bounty money to now be a bribe so she tells no one and goes on her way
>Iroh knows now much earlier and Zuko, mad at everything, bitterly agrees, throws Katara back her necklace (which also changed the subtext of the necklace's meaning and who gave it to her) and leaves
>Zuko and Iroh have a much more open heart to heart about what steps he's taking to get Aang back and what exactly it's for
>when the seige of the north happens, the stress of keeping up all these loose ends forces Zuko to explain why he's so exclusively after Aang... just as Zhao appears
>he spoke to the Medicine Woman after the event, found the clearing, and has pieced together enough information that Zuko purposefully attacked Fire Nation posts to 'rescue the Avatar, now rejecting the Fire Nation'
>when Zuko says it was done to get the Avatar himself, Zhao just snickers and says 'maybe, but even if that were an excuse, who will believe you?'
>in the wake of Zhao's death, Zuko is branded an aide to the Avatar and condemned a traitor, where even Iroh can't protect him at first
>he travels alone, saves Earth Kingdom villages, builds a reputation as a good guy in EK
>when he meets Azula at the town with Aang to explain, she says she doesn't care and Zuko's dead weight now
>as Azula attacks Iroh, Zuko, with nothing, and using more of that tempered anger, admits he needs Katara's help and the gangs start sticking together

>the gang have a tense powwow and decide working together now is important, and Aang can learn firebending with training by Iroh along with Toph's Earthbending training
>Zuko sticks with Sokka and Katara during this, the Sabertooth Moose stuff happens and Katara gets the necessary physical 'woah this guy's hot' spark
>during the desert situation, Iroh stays at the village and Zuko flies along, defending Appa from bandits with Toph, earning further trust
>Sokka learns about the Day of Black Sun and after telling it to Zuko, they fly on
>Zuko in turn is internally conflicted for he still cares for his people
>with Appa flying over, the team never encounters Suki, but they do find the Drill being constructed under slave labor and begin a revolution in the camp to take out the Drill, which cements them under the guide of Zuko as a potential leader, while the Avatar seems somewhat forgotten
>Katara rediscovers her sort of infiltration/espionage spark Jet brought out through Zuko, seeing the alliance as a means to be stronger
>since Suki never left the ship security, and never met Appa to get captured and replaced by Azula, the girls infiltrate Ba Sing Se as part of the freed crowd going to Ba Sing Se instead
>the Dai Li doesn't have direct leverage to stop Aang from seeking the King, but also hasn't the proof of the Drill to show war is at the doorstep
>the denial of the war recurves on the Dai Li as an insurrection grows in the ranks as Jet and the Freedom Fighters through outside help lead anger at the system
>Aang is restricted by the Dai Li for his aggravating presense, as Zuko and the sub-gang investigate
>Azula then presents herself to Long Feng and offers Fire Nation support if a revolution sparks, showing that his secure utopia can be breached and that the Earth Kingdom as an ally would be better than an enemy
>Toph gets caught, Sokka goes to his father, as the revolution boils over

More importantly, when is our Azula-defending ol' Scrap coming in?

Pretty shit.

>Jet makes it to the capital with Zuko and Katara, while Aang fights alongside Iroh, as Long Feng springs Jet's brainwashing and catches the two
>Zuko escapes by Azula's hand and they meet the Earth King, who he finally explains to what's going on, even the black sun plan, and realizes she's been playing the revolution too but why
>Katara and the Freedom Fighters break Jet's condition as he falls and his death marks him a martyr as the crowd names the Gaang their hero
>the city is at war with the Dai Li, as the Fire Nation ships arrive
>however they target Long Feng and the Dai Li
>in the chaos Azula attacks Aang and chases him off badly injured
>Azula saw in Zuko an oppurtunity, where attrition and war failed a hundred years
>now the people of The Earth Kingdom love the Forsaken Prince, and his image as their champion enthralls them so as he could lead them to any way he decrees, even to peace
>before Zuko can stop her Azula declares the war over
>the Earth King, having spoken with Azula, has agreed to the colonies and the Fire Nation's presence to rout oit Dai Li sympathizers and a renewed treaty with the Fire Nation
>Katara is left the defacto Water Tribe envoy as the peace can begin
>Sokka and Toph rendevouz kept away by the Fire Nation, and based on what they see assume the peace later relayed was made at gunpoint
>in a way it was since Zuko knows these ships could kill them all if Zuko refuses the way things have gone, and although the people's hero, he is strung into this twisted agreement and hailed for it
>Katara and Zuko head for the Fire Nation as guests, Sokka meets with Toph and the Day of Black Sun plan continues, while Aang and Appa arrive at the Guru's home

This is embarrassing, and not how people act at all.

Looks like something contrived in the hopes to achieve a previously defined goal, rather than a natural development.

Alright, fuck it then.

If you keep this shit up someone is gonna dump that comic.

I was typing on the fly. But whatever, tried to run with the idea that a slightly less impulsive Zuko post-Book 1 would change things...

>spamming is okay when I don't like a thread
Fuck off.

1. Katara's mother would have had to have been taken by people that weren't Fire Nation.

2. Zuko would have had to not been chasing and trying to kill them for an entire season.

In other words, if the plot had been COMPLETELY DIFFERENT this could have happened.

>1. Katara's mother would have had to have been taken by people that weren't Fire Nation.
Come on, this is dumb. Why should she blame Zuko for something he didn't do?

>2. Zuko would have had to not been chasing and trying to kill them for an entire season.
She forgave him, and so did Aang and Sokka.

There isn't any real reason a romance couldn't have worked between these two. I'm not saying they should've gone that route, but saying the plot would have to be completely different for it to work is blatantly not true.

To not mention that they don't show any attraction towards each other, because Zuko is much more into girls like Mai.

The Only think will be better if We Get a Water Bending Queen for Fire Nation, ...this Plot will be way Better than Half of Korra story
and Help Nation to be togother

Didn't all you ZOOtara fags commit suicide after the finale, you autists are still around? Fucking get over it. How many years has it been?

>why do people talk about things I don't want to talk about

Realistically? If the third season had been a tiny bit longer. Even then, I feel that Zutara could have worked. Kataang is fine, and I've grown to like it more over the years, but Bryke's unbelievable incompetence totally shit on what could have been a nice "hero gets the girl" story (seriously, why the fuck did they have to add Aang sexually harassing Katara and then not resolve it? Kataang could have been so nice if they didn't add that awful Ember Island Players kiss and then never mention it again).

I liked Zutara because he was one person Katara didn't have to play mommy to. She plays mom to Toph, to her brother, and to Aang. With Zuko, she got to be a teenaged girl.

The only problem with Zutara is that I felt in Southern Raiders Zuko gave Katara bad advice. Katara wants revenge, and I felt that Aang sort of invalidated her feelings (equating her mother to a bison is bullshit) but he was right in that revenge wouldn't make her happy.

(1/2)

Oh look at me, forgetting to paste my comment, lol.
>now I'm out of Zutara content

I think the problem is that, for Zuko, learning to hate your victimisers was necessary for him to grow. He had to get over his pathetic pining for daddy and learn to hate the guy in order to accept that what was done to him was wrong and move on with his life. Zuko projects this onto Katara's scenario without considering that Katara has always hated this guy and she needs to move on. Part of it was Zuko trying to help her by drawing from his ow experiences, but I think another part of it was him desperately placating her in order to get her to forgive him (and it's not like Aang doesn't capitulate to Katara, either).

On one hand, this was a pretty big mistake that could have seriously lead Katara to do some terrible things that would haunt her forever. On the other hand, I see Zuko placating Katara as a one time thing in the context of her still lingering animosity due to what happened in Ba Sing Se. I feel that after she forgave him for that, Zuko wouldn't be so accommodating.

As for Maiko, I love Mai and along with Azula she's my favorite character, but I never liked how she talked to Zuko.
>I was asking about the weather
Like, what the fuck was that?

>Zuko/Katara
>Not Zuko/Sokka

Shit taste.

A lot of things. Aang would have to stop being the main character for starters.

You do have to wonder what Zuko would have projected had he been still respectful of his father and his ways when he found out about Katara's mom, like in Book 2. Would Zuko try to process it as 'these experiences are painful, but they sculpted you into who you are today, and you can't change them' and try to go 'if you want to overcome it, then learn to face your fears and be strong'.

In the original series, Katara bottled her weakness up into a fine toxic bubbly broth that started to get worse as Aang kept getting close to finishing it, and not succeeding. I doubt it's a coincedence that their best shot failing is when Katara gets super angry mom mode, like 'come on purge the heretics already' and one waltzing around is sort of like 'by the emperor'.

What if she'd had an outlet earlier in a sort of Jet replacement? Would the Southern Raiders huntdown have been so Katara letting go, or Katara feeling obligated to finish it, and more of Zuko processing how HE'D felt about his way of thinking? He'd passed on ideas he'd crafted as a man who respected his father, and now his 'pupil' isn't willing to turn to hate like him... except he doesn't realize Aang was right and this wouldn't make her (or by proxy him) better. Mixed up with the relationship angle it would be an interesting reversal of the motivations.

Zuko feeling more disgust than Katara at Yon Rha, as an extension of his father, while Katara feels uncomfortable with her initial expressed goal, feeling as she feels now about doing this, would be fun.