What was better? Wonder Woman or Spider-Man: Homecoming?

What was better? Wonder Woman or Spider-Man: Homecoming?

Peepee Jar V Jolly Rancher: Dingding of Martha

Dunno, they were both pretty good. Good year for capeshit kino.

On one hand, best MCU villain ever and Aunt May WTF...

On the other hand, "men are useless for pleasure," and "where I come from we call that SLAVERY!"

Wonder Woman. The film had a better pacing and the humor had room to breathe, which made everything much more enjoyable.

The movie also had more emotional weight. The death of Steve Trevor was one of the best moments in recent superhero movies, and the couple's chemistry was incredible.

Spider man was mediocre at best. A safe and formulaic film, it was more filler than Ant Man, and very few and not so good action scenes. Spidey didn't throw a pucnh in the movie.

I thought Wonder Woman was okay. But there are plenty of MCU movies better than it.

Winter Soldier
Iron Man 1
Guardians 1&2
Civil War
Avengers
Spider-Man Homecoming

I liked Steve Trevor, but I couldn't help seeing his death as a blatant ripoff of First Avenger

But these movies are the sames

IR 1 and Avenhers are good though

>Wonder Woman, Logan, and Spider-Man Homecoming

Has there ever been a better year for cape?

When Infinity War comes out, Whedon will have fixed the DCEU

The future is bright

>That genderqueer kid learned flips and shit in preparation for the spidey

>Gal looked like a retard and nobody stopped her

i hated both of them

Steve Trevor: Featuring Donna "whips and quips" Troy was pretty fun, only flaws I can say was introducing Ares after that line from Steve

The Vulture: dindu nuffin he a good boi was pretty average, fun at points but the awkward insertion of most of the Highschool scenes really held it down. I can even excuse Spidey being a noob, but jesus some points just did not fit together.

Overall I liked WW better in some aspects then Sm. Also I want to lick Steve Trevors balls, just really clean them marble balls.

Haven't seen Homecoming, but Wonder Women was okay at best.

The concept may have been similar, but the weight it had was quite different. The execution of the scene was much better too.

I really think the humor of the Marvel movies undermines the emotional impact of what should be a great scene. The quips do not stop, all the characters have the same personality and the quality of most jokes is horrible.

I liked most of WW but the ending really annoyed me. They're riffing off the first avenger in a lot of ways but she doesn't make the ultimate sacrifice.

She murders random dudes and is wrong. I mean at least she's not a mary sue but how can you call this a wonder woman film when she's basically had all of her agency removed and only really wins because other dude makes the actual sacrifice.

She's wrong about steve being influenced, naive about the world and only really decent thing she does gets destroyed when village gets gassed.

I honestly can't believe a woman went along with making this movie, it makes her look stupid. I mean stupid characters exist but even a completely sheltered, innocent adult would make different choices from movie diana.

and sex scene..she couldn't have any experience with sex yet, especially with men but yet she knows all non-verbal ques?

They play all their interactions as awkward in beginning and that works because honestly it should be weird but they didn't earn anything by middle of the movie. I mean I guess she had to bang him to show she isn't a lesbian or something but whoever wrote this needs narrative writing lessons.

And movie really should be called Captain Steve, Spymaster or something even though he was a really shitty spy.

Hard to say, I'm leaning more toward WW but I think that's mainly because my expectations for it was so ridiculously low going in that it feels like it was better.

It seems you really wanted to hate this movie even before watching.

>I liked most of WW
What you liked?

Spider-Man for me.
Wonder Woman just felt kind of okay. Redox tier.

I enjoyed most of Wonder Woman's non-super hero moments more because I hate teen drama bullshit, but I really love Spider-man as a character. I don't really have an interest in rushing out to see either of them again, but if you put a gun to my head I'd probably say homecoming.

WW would beat out Spiderman if it wasn't for the 3rd act and the final battle with Ares.
Like holy shit that final battle is bad.

Bias: the post

i genuinely loved homecoming, one of my favorite so far

I loved the third act. Trevors death and the battle between her and Ares was what i alwaus dreamt to see in a movie when i was playing with action figures

What kind of final battle do you expect from movie capeshit?

He's right though.

I thought Ares was more intimidating before he put on the armor.

It's kind of odd to watch DC fuckbois bend over backwards to say Wonder Woman is the greatest movie ever. It was okay. It didn't have any glaring flaws, but nothing about it was spectacular. It was kinda dull.

I think they're just ecstatic to have a DCEU film that isn't trashed on arrival.

Nah... Spidey is my favourite hero and i never really had any interest in WW until this movie.

Spider-Man is a comecy movie where this aspect had zero impact on me. No action scenes, and in the end it felt like nothing really happened in the end.

WW was better because DC took a comic I really didn't care about and made me like it. Which is usually whatMarvel does.

Now Spider-Man is my favorite Marvel hero and the movie just didn't hit a high note like GoTG 2 or TWS did also
>"Peter it is okay to ignore what I said about harming innocent people as long as you win"
>Peter acting surprised that Liz's life is ruined because he outed her dad as a criminal
I felt like Peter never really took personal responsibility for his actions and maybe that's just because he is still a kid but I expected more from Marvel.

Wonder Woman seeing the good in men > Spider-Man telling Stark he doesn't need him despite wearing a Stark Tech suit

>Diana's soul crushing realization that killing who she believed to be Ares didn't stop the war
>Steve bringing her down to earth, telling her to believe and then sacrificing himself
>Diana is revealed to be the godkiller
>Clash between two literal gods

No one is saying that iit is the greates comic book movie. just that it was better than Homecoming

>Spider-Man telling Stark he doesn't need him
That was not the point of that scene at all.

>ctrl + f
>only result for greatest movie ever is your post

really gets the joggin noggin

>It's kind of odd to watch DC fuckbois bend over backwards to say Wonder Woman is the greatest movie ever
Wonder Women is a great movie, however. Sure, it have its flaws, yet great nevertheless. Perfection doesn't exist.

It sure as Hell is better then John Hughes Presents: Spider-Man Homecoming.

Agreed. Why does the God of War and Deceit need to be a monster? Why can't he just ghost around and mess with her?

ZodDoomsday, Destroyer, Ares, Abomination. All shit.

This, he was like a creepy ghost, teleporting and reading minds while playing psychological tricks.

Just because Spider-Man doesn't punch Vulture it doesn't mean it's not an action scene you dingus.
Was WW not formulatic then? Was there anything risky at all about making a movie about a stronk independent female character in an era where that's welcomed by the vast majorit?

went to both of them and enjoyed both of them.

Wonder Woman was nearly an actual good film but then they brought the real Ares when he should've just been alluded to.
They should've ended the movie with "you can't just kill one guy to end the war" and then had Diana and Steve try to stop the bomb.

Michael Keaton means that Marvel has finally gotten 2 good villains on screen in the course of 1000000 films, so I'm pretty chuffed with Spiderman.

If I had to choose, I'd say that Logan_____ was the best.

I liked both, but the overuse of slow motion in Wonder Woman annoyed me.

>Perfection doesn't exist
try telling that to Sup Forums.

Spider-Man Returns felt like a toned down Spectacular cartoon mixed along with that shitty first few seasons of Web Warriors.

>They should've ended the movie with "you can't just kill one guy to end the war" and then had Diana and Steve try to stop the bomb
I honestly thought it was going to play out like that and build up Ares for a sequel or something. Would've been GOAT to see more of David Thewlis.

This.

Felt more like a psychological battle and then it went the shounen battle gain power up route.

I really hope there wasn't anyone stupid enough to be suprised by the Godkiller twist, especially when Hippolyta and Antiope never shut up about "we can never tell her the truth"

Just had to throw in an autistic prophecy

Comparing the action scenes of Homecoming with those of Raimi's is like comparing water with wine.

And the fact that there is so few action in a movie from one of the best fighting heroes is ridiculous. They really wanted to make an extremely harmless movie, and by doing so they sacrificed the soul of the character.

Although you say that WW is formulaic, the way the film is constructed is completely different from what is presented in the other films of the genre for the last 15 years. So it seems to be new and interesting,

And I think diversity does not sell in comics. People who liked the movie did not like it because it was a movie about a woman, but because it was a great super hero movie.

not even a question

WW

Both are shit; cape shit movies should just die already for the love of Stan

I fucking miss Remy, lads.

let's see

better 1

or better 2

>Although you say that WW is formulaic, the way the film is constructed is completely different from what is presented in the other films of the genre for the last 15 years. So it seems to be new and interesting,
I'm not sure how it was different, it's almost the exact same framework as Thor only the action scenes were better.

Homecoming was far better than WW

Homecoming was nothing but an extended episode of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

>Stan Lee wife died
>he'll no longer make cameo appearances anymore
>because of depression
IT'S OGRE LADS.

It's time he face reality and not escape into his reality of Supes heroes.

They've pre-filmed quite a few of his cameos for upcoming movies.

That Spider-man crying as he struggles under the rubble proves that false.

Who cares if he doesn't punch. He is a rooky kid who knows he is strong as fuck and doesn't want to kill somebody by pulping their head in. Unlike the other movies where he batters his bad guys, who just take it.

Spider-Man was better overall.

I liked a lot about WW but the whole ending bit with Ares was so stupid it tainted a lot of it for me, Homecoming didn't have anything that jarring in it.

Are you seriously fucking equating Thor, with the aesthetic of a silly romcom, to Wonder Woman, with the aesthetic of a gritty wartime documentary, because they both have a fish out of water protagonist?

And deal with ancient mythology traveling to a new world, parental lies, a shapeshifting antagonist, and a climax against a suit of armor.

No, they couldn't be more different.

Lmao ,Sup Forums was right, this movie literally looks like a shitty video game.

The mechanical shooters ruin this for me. If Peter, a clever but distinctly not-super-genius child, made the web shooters then they aren't super, and do not benefit from the normal suspension of disbelief granted to superheroes. How the fuck am I supposed to believe some shitnosed little brat invented this magic polymer? It's holding a fucking building together! Why doesn't he sell it to China for $50 billion and set up a dozen charities if he's so guilty over killing Uncle Ben? What stupid garbage.

Wonder woman didn't have a joke at every 10 seconds. And when things happened, it matter.

"Formulaic" only became a pejorative word when Marvel/Disney made all their movies be the same.

They are incredibly different. Do you have autism?

Didn't Tony Stark build this in a cave with a box of scraps? And Superman is sitting on alien tech that could benefit humanity?

You gotta let that one go kid.

The WW scene seem a musical videoclip. In my opinion, the battle in the city was much more better.

and yet when called on it none of you morons can actually explain this "formula"

I mean, it dissolves in two hours, so its commercial use is limited.

>People ITT saying Logan

Really? Corn Syrup killed all the X-men, you know that right? And the OC shit kids that can't act?

Are you arguing that there are no similarities in two stories about a young royal based out of Western myth finding themselves on earth facing a manipulative God of Lies and Conflict and fighting a magic suit of armor?

You're just being willful obtuse.

Hey sweetie, I don't think you understood my simple post. Tony Stark is a genius billionaire. That's his superpower. Superman is completely ridiculous in every aspect. Spider-Man has already worked on the big screen and they chose to fuck it up with these nonsense web shooters. You've got some growing up to do, honey.

they felt very different but I enjoyed spidey way more than WW based solely on the number of scenes of spidey feeling like a super hero. WW had one when she jumped out of the trenches and ate the gattling but for the most part it just felt like a normal action movie. It's weird because I know WW saved the world in the end and spidey didn't even save his girlfriend but it felt more heroic, like someone going above and beyond what would be expected.

Are you really defending Disney?

Are defending they turning every single character in a quip machine just because they didn't have Spidey, and when they finally do, his movie feels like it has no value or impact?

Are you defending the fact that they forgot about uncle Ben and used Downey Jr. just because he sells more?

You are part of what is making super hero movies and Marvel comics to suck now. You are the cancer killing the industry that i love.

There are similarities in the plot, if you specifically word it so that they are similar. The movies do not feel similar, at all. They are completely different movies. The reception to the movies was different for this reason. You would not say to yourself while watching WW "yawn this is the same shit as Thor, the wacky romantic comedy" while Belgian peasants are being massacred on-screen.

Why doesn't Batman sell the tech in his suit to the military? Or Black Panther sell vibranium? I bet Dr Strange could make way more money in Vegas.

I bet Flash could get you a pizza in seconds.

>I don't think you understood my simple post

Your post is retarded, this is way nobody cares to understand you.

>Why doesn't Batman sell the tech in his suit to the military? Or Black Panther sell vibranium?

These characters are already rich.

>I bet Dr Strange could make way more money in Vegas.

Dr Strange is a wizard emperor or some shit. He doesn't need money.

None of these are comparable to a working-class child who wants to make the world better inexplicably deciding to fight criminals in the street (but not punch them?!) instead of selling his apparently genius inventions for hundreds of millions of dollars. You're an idiot.

>I bet Flash could get you a pizza in seconds.

Is this you admitting that you're retarded?

holy shit the greenscreen was so fucking bad in this scene.

Its supposed to be this huge HERE SHE IS EVERYONE! I just can't get past the fact it's a model doing a runway walk in front of a green screen.

This thread was good until you arrive.

Please leave. You are making the level of a comic book conversation go down

I don't have to be that specific. Its the same movie, with the edition of boohoo, sad dead frenchmen.

You just admitted it.

First thing you morons say in response to "Peter Parker shouldn't have expensive super-inventions because he's not a super-genius or wealthy and it's really jarring for a child to have such things, it's like Spy Kids or some shit" is "oh yeah you forgot about Tony Stark who has expensive super-inventions so nyehh". I don't think I'm the one who is retarded here.

Are you implying that cheap ass CGI is good?Wear glasses nigga.

You're so fucking dumb it boggles the mind. It's like you just add the word "superhero" and mongrels like you just accept whatever the retarded writers decide to toss into a fucking pot because "he's le epic superhero and le epic superheros always make le epic inventions". What's next, Wolverine invents a perpetual motion machine? Fuck you, idiot.

She died?

just because they have similarities in story points, they're hardly the same film, both the tone and atmosphere are entirely different. you can keep saying in, but love or hate them, no honest person is going to watch them and say theyre the same.

its like that bullshit post about a the plot of the last airbender but its supposed to be pokemon or naruto or some shit.

The formula's pretty stupid, you even saw it in GL. Just like claiming having a meh villain is a big issue when neither the marvel or dc movies have bothered to develop one in a while. Someone like Loki stands up because they needed the guy for like 5 more sequels.

Vulture was a better villain than Ares and DP combined.

>genderqueer kid
I thought he was just English

HAHHAHAHAHAHHA

I haven't seen Homecoming yet, but that's really not an achievement. A fucking newborn would be a better villain than anyone in WW.

Putting their pictures together like that just makes me want to see them fuck.

I thought wonder woman was surprisingly good. There wasnt any forced holy imagery until the very end and even then she is some sort of god herself. Also it wasnt needlessly edgy like the other DC movies even though it was set in WW1.

this can't actually be in the movie can it?

Not needlessly edgy.

Gases a village for "stakes"

I don't know if it's the cgi or the costume but it never looks as good as the other. Money's on the webs being the problem.

Spider-Man was better though.

An evil german warmonger gassing a village in the middle of WW1 isnt needlessly edgy. Pa kent saying clark should have let a busload of kids drown or batman shooting motherfuckers is.

I thought Darren Cross was the "best MCU villain ever"

Spider-Man. Obviously.