Which fusion is the worst and why is it Smoky Quartz?

Which fusion is the worst and why is it Smoky Quartz?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oZU_0vDqrFk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have a thing for fatties so personally i want to lick her belly, but thats just me

>Which [SU shit] is the worst
Gee I don't know, op.

That's so ugly

Please think before you speak.

Black shirt looks much better.

I always thought Smoky looked like a caricature of Laruen Zuke.

I like her. She's meant to look ugly because of her components (an overcooked gem and a hybrid)

It does share both designs of Steven and Amethyst combines, they're both fat shortstacks so it makes sense.

>Introduce fusion
>First fusion between Steven and a Crystal Gem
>Have whole second episode dedicated to her
>Never use her again

What did they mean by this?

I only dislike her clothes.

But she's also extremely annoying.

>ugliest characters on the show fuse.
>expecting to be a beautiful fusion.

Its a fat Hispanic slut and a perpetual manchild combined, of course they make a fatter, sluttier version of the two
A least she had a seconded appearance. I want Opal back

Didn't Opal reappear to fight off one of the homeworld ships one time?

It's mainly the colors that look ugly.
>hurr stebins clotses arnt mad of lite!!!1
But they can grow to ten times their size and shrink back like nothing happened? Nice consistency there!

She shot arrows at Peridot ' s ship but that's about it.

make the entire scheme analogous user. her and pearl are the only ones that aren't and pearl might have a story for that which can be forgivan

Yeah, and she carried a piece of the drill once, but she hasn't speaking role cense season one, and even then she had a grand total of three lines
Its a shame that the only info we have on her is from a book released ages ago

you mean the BEST

Jesus, it look like a sperg trying to cosplay as his favorite moe animu waifu that is 1/5 of his size, but still trying to wear clothes her size for authenticity

Meh, I think Malachite is worse. They really need to introduce another Steven x Gem fusion though.

Yeah they only have one season left to do it too. I was literally banking on a "power of friendship" super anime ending with all the crystal gems fusing together to become God or something after they introduced Smoky Quartz but they never had that take a focus. Now there's under 20 episodes left and they've established that fusing more than a few gems turns you into an abomination.

I guess I was the stupid one for thinking this show would take a que from something fun like Gurren Lagann

The original, real Smoky Quartz was a way better design and look.

Yeah, making her slightly slimmer and giving her more hair makes her look way better.

Smokey is cute though.

But that's not Garnet

That's a weird way of spelling Fluorite, OP.

they've had a total of two episodes of screen time
get over it

With how inconsistent the show's character designs, who knows, we might get that slimmer design eventually.

Serious question

What is this character? She clearly represents "something" in the real world, and whatever it is I don't like it. What the fuck were they thinking? This is a goddamn kid's show, the LGBTQ stuff is fine because I understand how exposing kids to that can be beneficial. My family had a big argument about whether kids should come to my gay aunt's wedding, so I understand the desire to normalize homosexual relationships.

Whatever type of human relationship this is supposed to represent, it needs to be shocked straight by Mike Pence.

I assume it represents polyamory but it comes across as cultish (her talking about how she wants to add more gems), and based on her speech it seems to have made her retarded. So... Pretty true to polyamory I guess.

>I assume it represents polyamory
That's the thing, that's fucked up. SU already has problems with countries censoring them for queer content, then they shove this thing in there? They're already fighting with CN execs over all the gay stuff, but this is a whole three steps above having homosexual characters. It goes straight off a cliff from being progressive to promoting something I'd say is akin to bestiality and polygamy. Whatever they were trying to prove with this character, they failed and I hope they pay for it. If I were a CN exec I would no joke demand this character be removed entirely from all future distributions of this show. I hate to sound like a soccer mom, but it's legitimately horrifying to me that this is in the show.

Just by looking at it, it reminds me of the caterpillar from Alice

>If I were a CN exec I would no joke demand this character be removed entirely from all future distributions of this show.
LOL Why so sensitive? You're pathetic

Because there's no point. Society isn't ever going to accept polyamorous relationships so we try to normalize them? Hell, even the LGBTQ community has trouble accepting bisexuals as a real thing.

This character was an incredibly desperate attempt by one of the writers to either score progressive points with the mentally disturbed crowd or an effort to normalize the disgusting relationship they're currently a part of. I personally can't stand it, but these guys are all 50-60 year old conservative racists and they care about things like having a family-friendly brand and image. You can't put in the caterpillar orgy character and expect people to not care. It's better to nip it in the bud before it causes damage to the show's brand as a whole.

Is she? i think she's kinda hot. the least interesting looking was rainbow quartz, at least to me

I remember her sounding like a sentient orgy.

Why the third arm though

it didn't happen with Garnet or pearl

Maybe because it's a quarter human so...
2 quartzes make a perfect fusion but steven is only 1/2 quartz and it becomes asymmetrical?

Yes, she's pretty ugly.

As someone with bad opinions, I want to know what you think of other characters visually as well.

Such as pearl, or lapis.

>Because there's no point. Society isn't ever going to accept polyamorous relationships so we try to normalize them? Hell, even the LGBTQ community has trouble accepting bisexuals as a real thing.
That's not a reason to remove the character. If anything, "It won't make a difference" would be a reason to be indifferent to it. You're just forcing your own opinions on other people's artwork.

Why do you care so much about what two or more consenting adults do? Why you gotta be triggered like a little bitch?

This. Muffin top is not a good look for her.
Also, it's weird that they doubled up their clothes like Stevonie, despite Amy's clothes being part of her form.

I fucking hate this orgy of a worm.
Abominations like this is probably why homeworld is so anti-fusion.
Compare a gem society that is constantly advancing to this lazy slug that lives without purpose

>Society isn't ever going to accept polyamorous relationships
>Mormon triggering intensifies

Society has accepted harems and polyamory multiple times in the past, and pretty much continue it today behind closed doors. More repressed areas are often the worst offenders, with people turning to cheating and swinging. I don't agree or even like that stuff, but you're out of your depth.

>Hell, even the LGBTQ community has trouble accepting bisexuals as a real thing.

People victims of prejudice often turn to prejudice themselves, and it's a lot easier to turn your bitterness against someone who can not only 'hide their gayness' easily, but who may also potentially reject a relationship from you in favour of a straight relationship. It's a tiny minority that think this way, but still.

I always took it as a 'Granny talks about the fucked up shit she did in the 60s while on qaaludes' deal.

>You know Shirley, the nice lady who gives you sweets Timmy?
>Complete buttslut. God, I had to dominate that lazy so and so for hours before she was satisfied
>Her husband is even more spoiled, I must remember to ask for my harness back the next time they come over
>Why aren't you eating your macaroni and cheese? Does it taste okay?

she's not. pearl is fine, lapis is lame

>people keep pissing on Smokey Quartz being ugly
>Forgetting Smoky is formed from Amythyst and Steven's mutual self-loathing

And people are surprised? It's amazing she didn't end up looking like Malachite.

I'd unironically kinda like her if she had two normal arms and if her torso was shorter.

Two words: Statutory Rape
youtu.be/oZU_0vDqrFk

because is ugly, seems a bad fanwork.

amethyst is just shit so non-amethyst fusions > amethyst fusions

Harems are not healthy romantic relationships. Its brothels, prostitution, and slavery.

Polygamy is only accepted in small villages, compounds, and cults, and often involve minors. Its also about men collecting wives, and women complying because their religion dictates this is their duty, and best way to raise children. They cope by calling themselves sisters-wives.

Fluorite speaks slowly because the hivemind of six gems have to be in agreement. That's why she cones across as creepy and cult like.

>Rating Sardonyx higher than Opal

She looks wonky, but considering she's a third human 2/3 gem 3 arms makes sense. Plus the Yo-Yo is a perfect choice of weapon. And it's got jokes!

and we have the twins,the queen of hearts and alice.

>Its a fat Hispanic slut
When was Amethyst a spic

someone post the steven universe cancer image

>Normalizing something that's statistically not the norm

Nonnormal things are not bad by definition user, being heterosexual is the norm with the human species, deal with it.

> fat Hispanic slut
go back to Sup Forums, faggot.

> When was Amethyst a spic
Amethyst is vaguely hispanic coded in season 1: she speaks spanish ("¡No, mi torta!" in Monster Buddies), she's a luchador, and her musical themes include Cuban polyrhythms.

wow this is 10x better
out to dinner, but working on an edit of just for kicks

I always think someone took a racist caricature of a black person online and slipped it into the storyboards as a prank, but the artists took them seriously and used it for the actual design.

Just curious...does this means steven had what is considered sex with one of the women who considered his mums?

Why are the majority of character designs of this show so awful, especially the fusions?

Does anyone else have that edit where Smoky Quarts is a skinny blonde white girl?

A blessing, I don't want to see that shit ever again

>Hispanic coded
Sup Forumsmblr pls

Eh. Kinda I suppose, but i think it's a little different than how humans would perceive sex.

nvm found it.

Weird extraterrestrial hatesex.

Amethyst is more like his sister or young aunt than a mom

God damn.

Every time I see Becky's concept art I'm reminded of how SU would be amazing if she had both a bigger budget and prior experience running a series.

No bottom-of-the-barrel, lowest bidder amination. No drama-queen tumblr fangirl story-boarders. Probably everything that Genndy saw in her.

>She's meant to look ugly
So what? I still hate her design.

I actually really like the idea of fusion being banned because it creates huge fucking monsters that kill people, garnet an exception because shes stable, but what about the rapey fusions that create suffering and death?

Man, no it wouldn't. The fucking mess of shit character designs and gender politics wouldn't have gone away with more budget. All the problems of SU were doomed to happen simply because Rebecca is in charge.

Xenos were a mistake.

I think the two of them coming together to form something majestic and imposing would've been a stronger message.

take an english class, pleb.

Someone being "race"-coded isn't proper English, and a concept that was entirely thought up on Tumblr and similar sites.

Nice try, though.

Interesting though. But I'm almost positive that fusions are banned because they could potentially begin to blur the lines set forth by each gem being made for a role.

Aw man, I just want homeworld to seem less cartoon evil. Isn't that SU's thing, like why is YD have to be a traitorous bitch, it makes rose seem perfect.

We don't know that YD is a traitor, she could've just been overreacting to being accused of conspiracy.

And homeworld hasn't really been cartoonishly evil. Blue Diamond is probably going to be a good guy by the end of the series.

because she's a fat, black, disgusting greblin with three arms

Sigh.
I GUESS SO.

>she's not
>lapis is lame
Interesting to hear the opinions of the very poor taste.

I was thinking the same thing. That too many fusions are unstable in one way or another, either mega violent or mega self-indulging, and just counterproductive to gem society

It looks like Rosie O'Donnell.

>gender politics

Only two characters aren't explicit stated to be male or female, and that's a result of them being a fusion. Try harder next time.

what's with budgets? why aren't they bigger to have some quality stuff? is the industry not caring, or not profiting?

Her freckles were fucking disgusting. And Popeyes mutant arms. And being extremely obese

Reminder that someone's fucking adapting this into a comic.

you din't need consent of all parties to fuse though

Just because the terminology is new doesn't mean the concept is. Stay delusional.
Also
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics
>political messaging employing coded language that appears to mean one thing to the general population but has an additional, different or more specific resonance for a targeted subgroup.
>coded language
Hmm, what's this? It's almost like something can be implied without explicitly saying it.

Somehow, this is almost just as bad as the original. Too bland.

No one has been able to answer this for me: Why is she considered an outcast on the same level as malformed gems?
She can just unfuse and be a group of very friendly, family-like gems. Hell, maybe they can fuse when she's in private and it's safe. It doesn't have to be an every day thing.
I feel like her existence is trying to shoehorn polyamory into the series as something that should be accepted, which I don't mind, but they did it in a foolish way (with an ugly design, to boot).

>Only two characters are warped mentally ill caricatures so it's ok.

No.

It's only because fusions are looked down upon and don't fit the standard beauty of perfection. I don't mind Flourite because she's not a main character anyway.

I didn't read the too long to read story, but Flourite must have all consented or she'd be manifesting as an abused family relationship