Dumbing of Age

Yesterday, Joe and Danny continued their Roomies! antics, so that we might forget how far Willis has fallen from the grace of good writing.

Enjoy it. Today's early comic is much, much worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_people#Women
imgur.com/a/XI70Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well don't just leave us with a cliffhanger like that.

LOOOOOLLLL

Tonight, we laugh at the idea of serious medical depression, even though Willy has told us before it is a super cereal thing. We also continue to laugh at this abusive relationship. Isn't it endearing that Billie continues to mock her girlfriend's sickness?

If you don't laugh at tonight's strip, you are a bigot and probably hate lesbians.

>*Jacob* wouldn't have done this with you.
Feels kinda weird to have Danny frame their relationship in this contrast. He never seemed jealous of Joe having other friends he just wanted to have his old friendship back. Not that this is jealousy per se, but it's closer than I would've expected. Something like "anything for my oldest and best friend" might've carried the idea better.

>Yeah, let's go
>It's pizza day
And once again the importance of this whole list thing is getting downplayed. It was presented as if it was this big deal to Joe that it got out, but that didn't make any sense with how open he is about ratings and talking about the feed. Now we're back to it not being important by talking about getting pizza.

What could be worse than nothing happening?

...Oh.

Well, have this preview of a future DoA strip, featuring Carla not getting her dick sucked by Mary in the bathroom.

Sure is weird of Amber to bring her cardboard cut-out of Carla to the bathroom with her, but I'm not one to judge.

Wait.... Amber's there? So she got off scoot free for knifing a guy huh? Fuck that horse shit if true.

>Lul mental illness sure is funny AmIRight?

idk what's more offensive. That line of thinking or the fact his fans will eat it up and call it brilliant story telling.

Why does he bring up Jacob? Is he jealous or something?

Holy fuck. That color choice is absolute shit.

Amber's pants color is so close to Carla's skin color that it looks like Amber has skin pockets on her ass.

It's just a little cellulite; Carla likes them chunky and with daddy issues.

No, it's just Willis showing us that straight males can never make good friends.

If you don't have a woman or a gay as your best friend, you are being manipulated by a rapist.

>Fuck Humanity
That's like the complete opposite of being asexual.

But I'm down to watch her do it.

Don't have anything to say about this.

Except it's pretty sad when I notice Willis going to his joke well, but none of them even work. What's the point of having easy fallbacks if they're not even funny?
>The Leafs r bad
>Confusing architecture = escher
>lel nerds amirite
>lel nerds trying to be hipsters amirite

Maybe he should go all the way back to jokes about farts and unhealthy food.

Jesus, he's huge

Hey guys, I got bored and read my old comic.

I thought it was funny so i decided to continue my parody of Dumbing of age.

Shit like this is why Willis' flat villains annoy me so much. He's perfectly capable of writing a character with "wrong" opinions who's still a human being worthy of empathy with the capacity to change etc., but he just...doesn't want to do that.

It a little late for that one dude that sucks your dick to be here, so fuck off until then.
Or just fuck off permanently, really.

Say what you want but I still prefer DoA over QC!

Super. I'm sure everyone will be stoked.

Glad to see you're continuing it back where you left off about five years ago in the DoA timeline, and continuing to force your OCs into the story.

>his lips look like ginger beard
What the fuck my erection is forever gone.
At last I truly see, traps are indeed gay.

As somebody from Toronto, this is all too true. But every Leafs fan I've ever known just accepts it and doesn't seem to be depressed about it. It is what it is.

>Now we're back to it not being important by talking about getting pizza.

Speaking of talking about getting pizza, in the comments you can see Willis sperging about how much he misses shitty public school rectangular pizza and how he's been eating Totino's for his whole adult life but it's Just Not The Same

>this art
Jesus, Willis. Carla's a MtF, not a giant

Maybe he's testing the waters because he wants something more than friendship with Joe.

This was shit. Would have not wasted time on it effectively killing wta.

Carla is actually 6 8 if I recall that user's estimate using the door correctly.

>Hey guys
Go away
>I got bored
Of pulling your horn?
>and read my old comic.
Don't make us suffer for your mistakes
>I thought it was funny
Don't quit your meds m8
>so i decided to continue my parody of Dumbing of age
Pic related

And if he'd done an iota of research, that height would put Carla well withing the freakishly tall for her gender.

Unless...y'know...Carla was male.

Forgot the link:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_people#Women

I hate that meme so much, congrats, you just earned your self 100 more comics.

6'8" is freakishly tall even for a white man.

I was hoping you had died.

Liar. You're such a failure the last time I said you were shit, you said you'd make more comics to spite me.

That was months ago. You'll make it to the Toedad saga when you're on your deathbed, and even then it will somehow be worse than the original.

Quit while you're behind, you autistic shitlord.

Not only can she be both but it's also super hot that she's so big.

Cool.

end this curse

Just when I thought you were fucking gone for good.

No Amber face in the preview... Maybe she went all Joker on herself and that's gonna be the big reveal.

When is mark going to fuck ethan?

Does he not realize that the pizza was designed as cheaply as possible? It was never meant to be good. Totino's isn't bad (especially in terms of cheap pizza), but like... he could do so much better, especially with his Patreon money. He could eat Papa John's every day and probably be fine, in terms of money.

Also, any adult who genuinely misses being a teenager needs some help. Teenagers are stupid and make stupid decisions. Everything is so hyped-up as a teenager that you don't realize how crappy it really is. As much as I didn't mind high school, I wouldn't want to go back to it. I've grown as a person and can see more of a future for myself than trying to get into college by taking hard classes and joining as many clubs as possible.

Yeah, I still have depression and stuff, but I have so much more now that I didn't have then. I'm grateful for where my life has taken me, even if it kind of sucks right now. I have good things in my life, and a lot of the things I thought were good in high school... well, they turned out to be pretty sucky.

If I were perpetually in high school, I wouldn't have made some of my dearest friends, and I wouldn't have reconnected with some of the friends I'd grown apart from. While we hardly spoke in high school due to class schedules and such (and it being juuuuust before every single teenager used texting), I've reconnected with two of my favorite people, and I wouldn't give that away for anything.

Plus, my creepy stalker ex is obsessed with wanting to be a teenager again, despite being in his 30s. Being around him was just... sad a lot of the time.

Making the past sound like the "good ol' days" just distracts from the present. Make the most of what you have. To see Willis wallowing in his pre-adult years just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I've been around enough man-children that I know it is not a fun personality to be around after a while.

five years from now when you still aren't Rock Cocks please remember we told you to quit while you sucked this hard.

At the risk of kicking of another stupid argument about bathrooms, this situation must be pretty intimidating for Mary

T. manlet

I think Carla usually goes during the wee hours to avoid others so they wouldn't normally interact.

Carla and Mary have very few meetings in strips. There's the one bonus one about the TV, the skating stuff and floor meeting aftermath, and the revenge plot. And that pretty much does it. Oh and the 2 run ins they had during the current day in the strip where Mary is happy for some surely sinister and bigoted reason.

Why would anyone ever miss that stuff

Sometimes you wish you were a teenager again so you could make the stupid (fun) decisions you were forced not to make by terrible parenting

However I doubt that that's why Willis wishes he was a fucking teenager, he's just sad he's getting older and is eating garbage food that will accelerate his aging in an idiotic attempt to go back in time

>Oh and the 2 run ins they had during the current day in the strip where Mary is happy for some surely sinister and bigoted reason.

Wasn't it because she was dating that rapist guy? Someone said that and it sounded plausible.

It hasn't been revealed why she's happy.

Also, I'm not sure why that theory sounds plausible. Is the idea that he's a shitty boyfriend so she's happy that he's been indisposed?

How many days has it been since somebody was stabbed and we cut to another scene ?

That theory was around before Ryan got Joyce'd in the gut by Amber and wouldn't make any sense within the current context.

It's probably regret. His teenage years don't seem like they'd have been particularly fun and looking back he can see all his missed opportunities.

Amber's like a wild animal in that once she's tasted human meat she has to be put down.

Totino's is shit. Jack's or bust.

I feel like Willis doesn't want to be a teenager again for the sake of being a teenager again, but because he doesn't want to make important/adult decisions in his life. It's one of those cases where you wish you would wake up and you're back in elementary school and you're free to be a kid again. Or something like that.

But if this is how Willis sees himself and what he wants to do, then I worry for his wife and children.

I believe the current take on the theory is that Mary met Ryan in the hospital and is helping him recover.

I think we're on about 40 days. I'll have to check later.

It's clearly psychogical warfare. Mary can't be happy unless it's at the expense of others. /sarcasm

Prefering DoA over QC is like preferring a punch in the face over a kick in the balls - it still hurts like hell but you're less likely to vomit.

We wants to TURN BACK TIIIIME to the GOOD OLD DAAAAYS.

It turns out that the Good Old Days were kind of shit too, but all he had to worry about was his cartoons, toys and drawings.

Now that he has his nerd wife, his family and his steady money flow, he's realizing what he wanted isn't want he needs. He's tried to establish himself as Elder Nerd in various fandoms, but they're not having it and are on to his game. So he's left pining for Simpler Times.

Also, for an avid toy collector, he's not too careful with his 'toys' in his comics once he gets bored with him. Had no qualms breaking Amber.

I said it in a QC thread once but while both are shit they're shit in different ways. QC is banal shit. It's safe and boring and the characters (Claire) are dumb and annoying but it's basically in newspaper strip mode where its badness is also bland and mostly inoffensive. DoA, however, is crazy even when it's being banal due to how much the author uses it as a form of projection for his views, his various hang ups, his mental moods, his childhood that he'll never get over, etc. There's much more to work with in that regard because even when QC introduces sci-fi robots or whatever it's all boring and safe and not a fat girl playing Skitchin' with a musclebound religious zealot who just kidnapped his lesbian daughter.

Also, DoA edits are a lot better than QC edits, 99% of which are "that chick has a penis" as the punchline.

As someone who's been a leafs fan since he was 7, yeah.

Being a leafs fan is suffering, but I don't know anyone who's legit bummed out about it.

Shit, there are still die-hard canucks fans, and they've NEVER won a cup.

I'm 6'3

I consider anyone over 6'6 creepily tall.

>I thought it was funny
I find it more likely that you realized you weren't going to pull off your shitty kickstarter so you went back to the series that gave you at least one or two fans.

Met 2 different 6'10" guys. It was surreal. There was a teacher and a student at my high school that actually had to duck going through doorways.

Also, as a girl, having a boyfriend who is literally a foot taller than you (6'5" bf) was freaking weird, but we made it work.

Also knew a guy in his teens who kept getting taller every time I saw him. He was already 17 or 18 when we noticed the growth.

Being average height next to a giant is humbling.

As an artist who did both QC and DoA edits, I can totally agree.

>The black dog is the prisoner.

*smacks lips* NOW HOL UP HOL UP!

>But if this is how Willis sees himself and what he wants to do, then I worry for his wife and children.
I think it is. He wouldn't be churning out a series of man-children in DoA if he thought of himself as an adult.

>Isn't it endearing that Billie continues to mock her girlfriend's sickness?

only if by "sickness" you mean that her devotion to the Maple Leafs is a mental illness.

which it is, of course.

Thought that was more of an economic and brand choice. He realized he can just do College Slice of Life forever and have a constant perpetual audience. No need to keep up with nerd culture trends, save for a bit of flavor here and there.

That is mostly the case, but he doesn't have to make the characters into man-children.

Joe doesn't have to be an oversexed guy who runs in fear and suddenly gets over it.

Danny doesn't have to suddenly be super-gay now that he knows he's bi.

Walky doesn't have to run away from math class anymore.

Jacob doesn't have to be a one-dimensional, "hot," nice guy.

Mike doesn't have to destroy Transformers dorks or just make random crude comments that don't fit with his character.

Howard doesn't have to be a one-note GoT weirdo.

Ethan doesn't have to obsess over Transformers and just be The Gay Guy.

Willis creates man-children and puts them at the forefront. He doesn't have to make them one-dimensional, boring, and childish. But he does.

If I were to write a slice-of-life about my friends in college, I would show their complexity and balance their childishness with their ability to juggle work, school, romance, and even having kids.

Willis's characters don't exist when they're off-panel. If they're not being talked about, they're not doing anything. They just randomly appear places and interact, whether it makes sense or not.

Slice-of-life doesn't have to jump around every two strips or focus on characters who have no sense of responsibility at all.

>Papa John's

But Papa Johns hates gays.

imgur.com/a/XI70Q

Too much arguing in the thread and not enough Mary.

Doesn't really look like Joyce

jesus, that's bigger than golden girl.

Is she a Transformer or something?

>transformer
i dont get it

She looks like she's bursting out of one form and changing into another.

you ain't seen expansion before?

Nah, but this one seems extreme.

Yeah, that's readyart's thing.

>someone asked for this

Wait, when did that happen?