Spider-man Homecoming

>The rich and the powerful, like Stark, they don't care about us. We have to pick up after them, we have to eat their table scraps

Was anyone else rooting for MCU Vulture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ERMmnWzSL8
youtube.com/watch?v=2nkboMqYhSA
youtube.com/watch?v=q-KUbflnMEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Republicans root for Stark.

Democrats realize Vulture was right.

what an awesome fucking jaket

Vulture was a Republican, He even has a "I'm not racist, because I married a black woman" wife

There was a nice subtle piece of dialogue he said that added a ton of dimension to his character. He said something along the lines of "we go over there and fight THEIR wars" during a rant. Toombs must be a vet who saw some shit overseas and came home only to have his family endangered by aliens and his livelihood taken away by Stark.

I don't want to start a company war but I think along MCU has done a better and more subtle job of showing how superheroes bring consequences to ordinary people better than the DCEU does. And that was an aspect the DCEU was specifically trying to aim for.

He seems like the type of guy to understand the republicans are fucking him the same as the democrats

Until you realize he was living in huge ass house in the NY burbs

dude was the 1%

Yeah cause he'd been getting rich of alien tech for years.

Toomes was a criminal through and through, even if he got into the game with good intentions.

Dude had alien weapons being sold a block away from his own house.
His ass got lucky his family didn't die by his stuff.

I'm not a communist so no.

He definitely had precautions for that though, keeping his family away from his work life as possible and killing one of his men for suggesting he could snitch to his wife. Still, I wonder how he'd have reacted if he knew his daughter almost died because of stuff he found.

>Republicans root for the pro-disarmament, pro-mass surveillance nouveau riche autist.

I don't think He intended to kill him, Just scare the shit out of him with the anti gravity gun, though he did shrug off his death pretty quickly

He didn't mean to kill that guy but he didnt particularly care that he did. He threatened to kill Peter but didn't when he had the chance. He got into crime to pay bills but also took pride in his operation and hated Tony Stark the whole time. The contradictions are what make him an interesting villain.

How can you not root for someone with a jacket that good?

MCU Vulture is so badass. They did a great job with the source material being flying pajama man

Well Republicans did vote for Trump, so... yeah

He also could have gotten revenge by revealing Spidermans Identity, but he didn't

Vulture would work as a better villain for Tony than any of his actual villains so far.

He really saved the movie. Great motives, smart and scary, glad he didn't die.

What I was surprised by is that literally all of the MCU movies are "LMAO QUIPS" every 5 seconds, but the one hero that is known for his quips barely has any.

There was more highschool drama than necessary and Peter was pretty whiny most of the time but he's a kid so i can forgive that.

I was hoping Peter wouldn't go after him after the car scene.

Sounds like a speech made by a Bendis villain at the start of one of his runs, eg. the Hood, or Diamondback

Had spiderman not gotten involved in the end He would have had a confrontation with Iron Man

yeah, but its a feeling that lots of people have always had so it's excused

then he would have died for sure

>2017
>not a communist
lmao wyd m8

Tony Stark seems to be the cause of a good 60-70% of the problems that the MCU world faces

The hypocritical knee-jerk cunt.

youtube.com/watch?v=4ERMmnWzSL8

That jacket is pretty fucking great.

Right? Great take on Vulture's neck-feathers, whatever the fuck those are called.

There's quite a few reasons he didn't reveal Spider-man's identity at the end there.

Primarily it's because he probably respects Peter for saving his life. Especially considering that he was grateful for Peter saving Liz.

However I think it's also a rep thing. Guy knows who Spider-man is and doesn't just kill him? That doesn't say great things about him.

Only because the alternative was the Hilldebeast. I'm pretty sure she drove a lot of Democrats out of the party, too.

Villains who show respect are fucking awesome

Maybe.
I personally hate Tony being constantly portrayed as 'I'm always smugly right ', like a Lex Luthor who's allegedly one of the good guys.
Anyone who sticks it to Stark can't be all bad.

This fucking guy looks like he fucks about 20 bitches every single night.

But if anything the movies prove he's wrong most of the time, and one of the greatest threats to the Earth?

He has no right to be mentoring a child hero.

>knows that Vulture exists
>just sends some useless FBI agents at him instead of putting on the suit and taking him down himself
Tony was a shit in Homecoming.

Honestly almost everything in this movie was great.

> the rubble scene where Peter is screaming in realistic terror

He doesn't even need to do ot himself, He could just send a couple suits in on auto pilot

He pushed hard for the registration act and attacked his friends as they moved to stop a villain just because he felt guilty when some bitch got all up in his face.

Then the very second the accords became personally inconvenient for him he flouts them to fly off solo.

Then again he attacks people other than the actual villain again just because MUH MUMMY, MUTHERFUCKAH.

Stark is a shitty person almost entirely motivated by pangs of guilt and overreacts every time to the detriment of everyone else.

Remote controlled Iron Man suits are massive jobbers, remember IM3?

The only good part of that film is they decided to remove the scene where Pepper was to be date-raped by the villain using his super pheromones.

The Patriot Act was a republican bill.

>Republicans root for a guy who supported government regulation on people's privacy
Nice meme

>ywn get into bar fights with the Vulture as back up

Best Iron Man villain

He literally did that so he could get the people off his ass and so they'd stop try to regulate his shit, selling his principles for convenience.

Sound republican to me.

No because vulture is the ultimate cuck.
>His face when his nemesis is banging his wifes child.

That second panel has a point.

>hurr durr cuck cuck
go back

Is he even allowed to fight crime without the government's ok?

You're not clever

You don't own your daughter user.

Even Iron Man is sick of it.

>only one allowed to plow my daughter is me
Josef Fritzl, pls.

About time the MCU had a decent villain. I do like their films, but their villains are usually pretty weak.

The world is changing.

Are you actually retarded user?

That's not how that works, user.

I dunno, the ambiguity just felt inconsistent.

He definitely tried to kill Peter by dropping the ceiling on him. But did he shoot white Shocker with murderous intent?

If he did, I could buy him as a would-be child killer, but if the death was an accident I can't.

>I don't want to start a company war but I think along MCU has done a better and more subtle job of showing how superheroes bring consequences to ordinary people better than the DCEU does.

I feel like Homecoming sold, to me, a world that was adjusting to superheroes in a more natural way. Granted, none of the Avengers have it in them to be quite as God-Like as Superman, but even then I still didn't buy the wholesale worship and/or burning in effigy of him.

He gave Peter a chance to walk away because he saved his daughter

pretty respectable

Yes but then Shocker 1 and and Peter are the only people he tries to kill in the whole movie

If anything the guy was a libertarian

Thing is he realized just how a fight would end between him and ironman, him getting his shit kicked in and probably dead. He hates stark, but he knows that he isn't capable of killing him, he even wanted to avoid stealing directly from him until he had no choice but to target that plane. He was really well written cause despite having most motive to fight tony, he was so pragmatic he avoided that confrontation at all costs

Can we all agree that everything about this movie was at least decent or better and the only huge flaw was Poo-in-loo manlet Flash?

>I don't want to start a company war but I think along MCU has done a better and more subtle job of showing how superheroes bring consequences to ordinary people better than the DCEU does. And that was an aspect the DCEU was specifically trying to aim for.

I like how since Age of Ultron we've been slowly building our way to the MCU populace becoming the Marvel comics program populace.

The honeymoon period after the first Avengers is over, and soon the average citizen will take the heroes for granted and resent the collateral complications their theatrics bring to their lives, just like in the comics

>"so they get paid to make the messes and get paid to clean em up now too"
Toomes was literally doing the exact same thing Tony had been doing for the majority of his adult life, only his activity was arbitrarily deemed illegal because Tony colluded with the government to have defacto ownership of the materials Toomes was using.

Also, the reveal with him during homecoming night was perfect.

Republicans literally voted to allow internet service providers to sell your private data without your permission this year, so...yeah

Cap would've been able to do most of the things he needed to without getting everyone arrested if he hust signed the accords first to give them legal wiggle room. Instead he made it an us vs them conflict where tony had no choice but to pursue them or the rest of the avengers would be guilty by association to cap

Didn't seem to bother him when he refused to show up and defend the superjail when he was ordered to

I agree. I would buy that shit as merch.

Cap had literally just got done saving the USA from infiltration by supervillains that were aiming to control and genocide everyone, this is ON TOP of the only fact New York wasn't a smoking radioactive crater was because the Avengers were around to work against the actions of the World Security Council and save the day.
If anything Cap is justified in going full Justice Lords if he wanted to, he and his team seems to be the only thing keeping the world going in contrast to Iron Man who keeps fucking it up with his plans & actions, its almost laughable.

I took that line, the helmet, and the jacket to be a pretty strong implication that he was in the airforce at some point.

That's actually what I like about him.

He's not Superman, he's a very human character with flaws.

Poor guy
youtube.com/watch?v=2nkboMqYhSA

>wasnt the washington memorial built by slaves
now with a theme song
youtube.com/watch?v=q-KUbflnMEs

There's a difference between having flaws and being a total fuckup who is still shilled.

Don't. You may think you could pull it off but you can't

Good luck convincing Sup Forums that every non-white character didn't literally ruin the movie

>Peter is a modern day Lolita

>comparing the Drive jacket to a plain old fur lined bomber
I'm pretty sure I can pull off a bomber jacket.

Flash was terrible and "MJ" is an abomination. We'll never get an accurate Mary Jane now.

I just HATE this new trend on villains finding out about the heroes identity shtick.

>"MJ" is an abomination. We'll never get an accurate Mary Jane now.

Thank fuck.

>he hates Mary Jane Watson
How does it feel having the shittest of taste?

>"You're selling weapons to criminals!"
>"How do you think your buddy Stark built that tower?"

I kind of felt for the Vulture here. Even if Tony didn't know it, the Stark empire was partially built on illegal weapons deals, and it's not like Tony gave the money back afterwards.

It's easy to see why he Vulture does what he does.

Not that guy but I for one am glad we won't have to hear some forced "face it tiger you hit the jackpot" shit every other time she shows up

On the other hand Cap was all "MUH FRIEND, WHO CARES ABOUT THE LAW? IT'S FOR CHUMPS WHO DON'T HAVE (state-sponsored) SUPERPOWERS".
They were both egotistical dicks in CW.

I can forgive him for being pissed at Bucky and Cap. Realistically Cap had no idea that Bucky killed the Starks, but he knew Hydra did it years ago and had an obligation to tell Tony, and it's hard to not get furious when you're standing next to the dude who murdered your parents while some guy just put on the home movie of him killing them. The rest I can't side with Tony on though.

But Cap only did that because the government was infested with Hydra. He knew that turning Bucky over would just be putting him back in their hands.

That's not even how he presents it himself in the movie.

Who was the better villain, Ego or Vulture?

He should have, then. That was the whole reason I agreed with him.

Vulture without a doubt. Ego wasn't bad though. Red Skull was great too but we'll never see him again.

>Ego
He foiled his own plan worse than Thanos for no reason.

inb4 MJ does it as well, but in a contrived sarcastic way

Tony's logic behind concentrating cleanup operations behind one central entity was smart. If Vulture wasn't the guy selling alien shit as illegal weapons, there would have been 5 to 10 other guys doing it in his place. Tony did it to throttle the alien weapons black market before it sprung up by restricting the access that potential arms dealers would have to the source.

>I'm pretty sure I can pull off a bomber jacket.

Post a pic of what you're wearing right now. Until then, I'm just going to assume you can't

Dude, he sold out and wound up living in the suburbs in the glass mansion he earned from selling super weapons to criminals.

How is that selling out? His goal from the start was to provide a good life for his family through his criminal activities. Did you think that he'd just be content with living in a shithole when his business brought in way more cash than expected, instead of giving his family the most comfy life he could?

But I'm shirtless.