Does anyone have a worse job than Chief O'Brien At Work?

This panel never fails to depress me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MULwIA-NqCM
youtube.com/watch?v=kflsuZKZw58
youtube.com/watch?v=Owyj_5TuHQw
youtube.com/watch?v=mzcBiVwL2Mw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At least he did not get the shit kicked out of him as often as Worf.

La Forge.

>Hey, I know you're an engineer but we need you to go with the away party to deal with Hostile aliens.

>Does all the shit work everywhere on the ship
>works in the section that explodes radioactive gas every week
>constantly has to roll under the lowering emergency door or die
>is constantly kidnapped
>constantly experimented on
>mutated into an alien every other week
>only girlfriend is a holodeck program
>has been left for dead on a barren planet at least 6 times

At least O'Brian had a wife and kid

And O'Brian went on to DS9

He did get his shoulder fucked up a lot.

You've never had a job, have you?

>Implying he isn't shooting lasers from his shoulder

Loser actually showed off his hologram girlfriend to the woman it was a copy of.

He didn't show it to her. She found it.

It is because I had a job as a transpo- subway operator

So the enterprise really does have a lot of crewmembers with the job consisting of
>Stand right here behind this console for 8-10 hours

And they do it without even being paid for it

Is that what autism in the future looks like?

>that episode where his wife was turned into a 12-year-old girl

He was incredibly awkward around people, but could quote trans phasic quantum particle tachyon polarity warp modulator theory as if he were reading it right out of a textbook...

>Westley was ten times better at space science and did shit like create his own pocket universe, warp the ship to another galaxy, and they let him fly the ship long after they quit letting Geordi do it
>and he never went to college

Wesley was the worst part of the show, though.

This is what autism looks like in the future. With a rank of Lieutenant.

Oh my god I forgot about him.

nowadays Wil Wheaton is the worst part of anything.

Well, look at it this way: every week he got to shred the bridge crew to pieces. Even if they get put back together again.

>same guy who voiced Mung Daal

You know who else you probably forgot?

That whole quartet of autists on Deep Space Nine.

youtube.com/watch?v=MULwIA-NqCM

How could you forget about Lieutenant Barkley?

>Writes a holoprogram with his coworkers fawning over him.
>Everyone is okay with him banging real-doll versions of themselves.

His only friend was an emotionless robot

Trek '''''villains''''' who did nothing wrong, go!

Hard mode: no Gul Dukat

Literally /r9k/: the character.

>tfw no Counselor Troi gf

gtfo wesley

go back to narrating audio books

>>Everyone is okay with him banging real-doll versions of themselves.
m8 fucking no one was okay with it

Everyone always quotes the "Shut up Wesley" line but never remembers that Picard was 110% in the wrong there.

Maybe on DS9 because the engineers always have the most ridiculous jobs:

>"Captain, doing that is impossible according to the laws of psychics"
>"Fuck you do it anyway"
>"But Captain it would take hundreds of years to do that"
>"You have five fucking seconds to do it"
>"okay"

Of course Wesley was always right
Doesn't exempt him from being a little shit

It never fails to depress me how the person who made this comic has such a shitty knowledge of the tv show that it is based on. Half of the time the "gags" are based on assumptions made by the author that are disproved if you actually watch the fucking show.

Reg was awful for so many reasons, chief amongst them being having a garbage-tier waifu.

Well I never watched DS9. Thank god.

I don't think anyone is honestly okay with Dukat. As much as I'm okay with interspecies fun; he was Sup Forums level of creepy ped. It was even confirmed he knocked up a young servant girl; after he gave a speech about how the bjorans are like children that need love, and hard liquor from his quarters.

In this instance it wasn't even Wesley being a genius or always being right, it was him FOLLOWING THE ORDERS Picard gave him and Picard pulls that shit.

In the moment, sure. As a bedrock rule of the omniverse, no he was correct for all times.

At this point it applies to the fuckwit California leftist the actor became irl

Dukat also went stupid crazy towards the end and sucked it. It's rare to see characters crash and burn so hard.

DS9 was actually pretty good. Don't confuse ignorance with taste.

>Everyone is okay with him banging real-doll versions of themselves.

only Riker was okay with it, because it embarrassed Troi. man was he an asshole in that episode.

>Barkley

tbqh, it's not worse than the time Picard called him Lieutenant Broccoli to his face.

this comic infuriates me. it's always the same fucking panel and the jokes are never funny.

trekies just set the bar really low.

Damar

>In his online reviews of the TNG episodes, Wil Wheaton states that this [The Battle] is the episode in which Wesley went from, in Wheaton's own words, "mildly annoying to vehemently-hated character," talking about how having Wesley figure out the problem and the solution before the senior staff could was "perhaps the worst way to help the audience accept that this kid (Wesley) is going to be part of the main crew." Wheaton also remarked that the scene in sickbay where Wesley tells Crusher and Troi that he "glanced" at the scans while Dr. Crusher was researching them and, quote: "...in that brief moment, magically divined exactly what the rest of the professionally-trained crew – including the hypersmart robot – hadn't noticed: the patterns in Picard's scan are identical to the low-intensity transmissions picked up from the Ferengi ship. Wesley cements his relationship with Trekkies by muttering, "You're welcome, ladies... heh. Adults." after they leave the room. Oh, that's pure genius writing there, guys; that's not going to alienate a single fan. Bravo."

>tbqh, it's not worse than the time Picard called him Lieutenant Broccoli to his face.

Riker is lucky that Picard didn't have him court-martialed for the look he gave him there.

Damar was a true hero who gave everything for his beloved Cardassia.

O'Brien would rather sit in front of a console all day just so he doesn't have to deal with that harpy at home

Another meme that has no basis in he show.

youtube.com/watch?v=kflsuZKZw58

The Crystalline Entity.

>Computer, activate program Cave Spelunking 24-Gamma
>Replace all surface textures with the biometric scans of Counselor Troi's colon and intestines taken during her last medical checkup, authorization Barclay Alpha-492
>initiate 'earthquake/mudslide' event and set on continuous loop, maximum difficulty

>disengage safety protocols

The Borg

Come on...this is like 99% of what would be happening in a Holodeck and we all know it.

>It's a Picard is so high on faggy, idealistic Federation philosophy that he lets a non-sentient piece of rock kill a whole colony episode

It's really telling that when Dukat got captured by the Maquis the Cardassian Union just went "well I guess he's dead then lol". Yeah he was effective at his job by Reptillian Space Nazi standards, but clearly no one wanted to put up with his creepy rapist and pedophila slant.

Q

This makes no fucking sense. Did the creator even watch the show? Last I remembered O'Brian was a well respected member of the Enterprise that no one really disliked. Plus one can argue he had one of the most important Jobs on the entire ship. One wrong move and he could kill an important Alien diplomat and start a galactic War, or kill the Captain. Even the joke of his job being boring doesn't work cause its fucking Star Trek, something is gonna happen every fucking week and I'm sure he has to be extremely careful not to kill anyone he beams up, Or has to have pitch perfect timing and perfect aiming

youtube.com/watch?v=Owyj_5TuHQw
He's seen some shit too. Fuck the creator of that shitty lazy webcomic

He gets paid to do nothing and he gets to use the holodeck to fuck whatever he wants.

He has the perfect life.

Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,
An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature;
Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses.

I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.

A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;
You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.
And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion,
It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.

O Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display
Connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.
And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,
I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

No one gets paid in the Federation user. They did away with money.

Imagine
>Going to Starfleet Academy
>2 years prelim training, 4 years advanced training
>spend 3 years as shit tier ensign on a 3rd rate ship doing Charlie Work everywhere
>finally manage to put your time in and get a promotion or two
>Back to Starfleet Academy for a couple courses in advanced training
>work you ASS off on many a sleepless night to make goddamn sure you are noticed out of a class of 80K
>Finally get that attention, your hard work had paid off and you are getting a position as the bridge crew on the flagship of the fleet!
>Fucking finally you get to pilot the flagship of the Federation the Enterprise, the ship that has saved all of reality at least 20 times by now!
>....lose pilot position to some 15 year old little shit in a striped sweater that never once saw a day of training, never read a manual, never served time on a ship, and is not even a member of Starfleet. He's a fucking civilian......
>kill self

Nobody gets paid in Starfleet. The Federation is glorified Chinese communism because Roddenberry had a boner for Mao.

are you me user?

And episodes that centered on him were dubbed by the cast & crew. "O'Brien must suffer." Not even joking there.

He wasn't in the Federation anymore. Deep Space Nine was in Bajoran space. He was making Latinum off Quark.

The replicator and the holodeck more than makes up for that. Imagine being able to eat no calorie ice cream that tastes just like real ice cream while fucking and rubbing that ice cream all over whatever monsterous fetish ridden creature you created in the holodeck.

A man in his 40s should not be wearing emo hair (I think his hairline's receding and he's using the fringe to cover it up).

>It's a Picard is so high on faggy, idealistic Federation philosophy that he lets a non-sentient piece of rock kill a whole colony episode

This did piss me off, sure preserve other life-forms when you can but not when they're fucking killing you. Are you really fucking telling me they never, ever step on alien bugs or cause microscopic alien bacteria to die by accident when on away missions? I know they've treated alien diseases and don't care about "murdering" a few alien viruses. The Crystalline Entity was just a giant alien virus basically.

I read that they did this because Miles O'Brien was the only empathizable character on the show.

I could empathize with Sisko too, but only with his frustration and impatience.

>tastes like real ice-cream
Those fuckers couldn't even synthesize alcohol correctly. God knows what they've done to sugar and cream.

If that's the case then why don't I just stay on earth and fuck holographic bitches and eat lobster all day? Why sign up to be stuck in a flying death trap halfway across the galaxy?

Oh wow, I've seen that Car Wash fund drive clip a million times but never recognized him. His voice is so over the top compared to Barkley.

>MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!

Maybe it's the safari principle, in order to enjoy how good you've got it, you have to take a whole tour across the galaxy to meet a bunch of subhuman natives living shittier lives.

Because humanity is driven to explore and to better itself.

Space is the final frontier, my friend. Adventure awaits.

youtube.com/watch?v=mzcBiVwL2Mw

>Barkley

It's Barclay.

>Why sign up to be stuck in a flying death trap halfway across the galaxy

Kicking actual ass on a real adventure > kicking holographic ass on a fake adventure

There's no point to money because you have a replicator and a holodeck, you can have or do anything you want to.

People work in that universe because otherwise people think you're a loser. If you get into Starfleet you get to see whole new worlds and galaxies no human has ever seen before and have experience no human ever has. You might get into the history books. People do it for the reasons explorerers always have. People have jobs for the same reason everybody today doesn't just pursue the easiest possible low wage jobs where you get the bare minimum to survive and no respect from anybody.

Some other alien species use money like Latinum though.

Also it's kind of bullshit because people in Starfleet have credits, but maybe that's just to trade with other races.

Let's be honest, only one out of every thirty missions was exciting. Mostly it was just dull procedural and diplomatic stuff.

>We've been assigned to spend the next two weeks on the Talarious V system to study the effects of modular germination on a species of lowland grass

Really? I don't remember their names since it's been a while, but I empathized with the doctor and his gay lover quite a bit. I thought they were very realistic characters.

Just like the real navy.

>the doctor and his gay lover quite a bit.
Bashir and Garak?

I was about to ask

Why do lots of people spend a ton of fucking money climbing Mt. Everest today with a more than 1 in 10 chance of dying while trying instead of just playing on a climbing wall inside or playing a video game about mountain climbing? Even that's not a good example though because in this case you get to do totally new things and learn totally new things and be a hero while still having all the luxuries as you do it. Think of all the people volunteering to die on Mars right now...Starfleet is much more comfortable and while you could die there are also plenty of people who do it and grow old and retire.

The tailor/spy was my favorite character.

In Kirk's day the Federation still had a market economy and Federation Credits were the official currency, and in the TNG era it's really only the Federation's core worlds that have gone full post-scarcity, a lot of second tier member worlds and colonies still use money.

"Exciting" is relative. Starfleet is for scientists and explorers, not children like you looking to jump off mountains.

If you were to join Starfleet, Q would have destroyed humanity right away because you would have shown him that we are indeed a "dangerous, savage, child race"

What if Janeway was in charge of DS9 and Sisko in charge of Voyager instead?

>favorite

Garak is the best character in all of Star Trek.

That's actually something I wrestle with quite a bit in my day to day life. I work as a park ranger and I'm a pretty staunch environmentalist. So, like, logically speaking, it makes far, far more sense to let the bear kill me if I was to get attacked by one. That one bear is much more valuable to the ecosystem than I am, and my death might actually benefit the environment on the whole. But obviously I wouldn't just give in and let a bear kill me in the heat of the moment. Its impossible for me to logically justify this.

The only reason Q didn't destroy humanity had nothing to do with any future virtues, but the fact that he enjoyed getting under Picard's skin.