Daria

If they would ever make a reboot set in modern times what would change?
what would stay the same?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HBQXugKu8L4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

She's a bitch.

Aubry Plaza.

daria won't be white anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=HBQXugKu8L4

no it wouldn't work

she'd probably go insane and go all columbine

Shorter skirt, longer Jacket and a hipster haircut

If they were ballsy and kept the original tone that Daria isnt right for being a snob and anti social, there would be commentary on how her self imposed separation from people is a sign of emotional immaturity and is actually damning, even though popular media glorifies it.Or maybe how her total rejection of what seem to be shallow, popular people, is actual a shallow and pedantic thing to do on her part.

Maybe it can be long-form and have character development with the show ending with Daria realizing that while people can be dumb, and she is a little smarter than the average person, her dismissal of things normal and popular is childish and she becomes a snarky, but well adjusted adult.

Yeah. Daria would definitely be black.

She would be a fucking roastie like all women nowadays.

>there would be commentary on how her self imposed separation from people is a sign of emotional immaturity and is actually damning

The original show actually did this. The later seasons featured Daria finding out how immature she actually was in a lot of ways.

It's only the anti-SJW ragers here who seem to think the show blindly endorsed Daria's every decision as wise. What show are they watching?

This. Christ, if anything the last season was too hard on Daria. Every episode had Daria's Mom, Jodie, or someone else walk up and go into an elongated lecture on how she's The Worst.

>What show are they watching
Nothing, they just read summaries made by people who think the show is in the ideological wrong.

I'd date her.

there is a reboot, it's way better and they call it megg, mogg and owl.

>megg, mogg and owl.

I like that comic but I wouldn't call it a Daria reboot.

...this show. i was saying if they were ballsey, they would keep that aspect. Push it a little further, with her having growth in the show. more likely we will get the Archie CW treatment and get only the most reduced product possible.

>phoneposters provide quality content always

The Fashion Club would be covered in 18 layers of makeup so they would be Instagram ready at all times

teh voice

The North Koreans that animate it won't make bouncy hair

I don't think they should reboot it. I think they should get the original cast and crew, age Daria to 30 or so, and show her life place of work. Portray adulthood as not much different than high school at all because people never change and are always shitty throughout their life. Show Quinn at age 29 with 5 kids with all different last names. Show Helen still working at the law firm but she runs it now. Show Jake in his stress-induced early retirement and his newfound hobby of rock collecting. Show Kevin and Brittany living in a trailer park with a dozen kids. Show Trent and Jane still living at home. Show Jodie in her role as a Clinton Foundation adviser. Man, I would watch the FUCK out of this show.

>Yfw Daria gets remade, into a sjw
Imagine the salt.

Boot Daria to the curb and focus on the superior girl, Jane

FUCKING THIS.

Can I vent for a bit?
I noticed someone posted this with spanish subtitles, and the comments were full of retards who took it seriously. As if it was a 100% serious trailer, even though the reuploaded video kept the collegehumor logo on. I guess "collegeHUMOR" wasn't enough for those fucking retards to figure out that this isn't a legit trailer. Goddamn.

Also, Daria and other characters sound like shit in the spanish dub. For instance, the scene where Jane tells Daria about breaking up with Tom sounds like two old ladies talking, it was so bad.

Show Stacy as the only successful ex-member of the Fashion Club, with Quinn lamenting her envy of Stacy's happy, normal life. Then show Stacy's secret smile of smug satisfaction as she goes home to greet her husband - Mack.

Yes, Mack marries the nice sane girl and Jodie has all the time in the world to keep being the Queen of the Negroes, whether she wants the job or not.

I love it.

>Show Quinn at age 29 with 5 kids with all different last names
Why? She never took dating seriously with all the guys she went out with and she actually started trying in school and was interested in a not very attractive and "uncool" guy at the end of the show. She changed a lot throughout the show.

They did an official Where Are They Now on the characters and Quinn is apparently a mommy blogger on Youtube. Daria is a cat lady with no relationship.

>official Where Are They Now
Does that mean the one at the end of the movie isn't canon anymore?

That was pretty garbage though, especially since it made the majority of the daria-age cast look about 65

Looking at the early internet 'fandom' (for lack of a better word) of daria is really depressing. you can find so many long outdated websites that are for some reason still being hosted. I rewatch the show every year or so and often find myself tumbling down the early 2000s rabbit hole of 16 year old girls pining over trent, only to get crosslinked to their current blogspot or tumblr to find a 30 year old mess just as involved with current trends as they were back then.

it's pretty surreal

Rebooting it would be hard. Daria's detached, cynical snootiness was adolescent zeitgeist in the '90s, but that's not true now. If you kept the character the same you'd lose the connection to adolescent culture. It wouldn't cripple the show but it'd be less effective.

What would be better would be a show that uses contemporary adolescent culture in the same way that Daria did, but in which case it shouldn't be called Daria nor should the lead character be named that.

Having a ~35-year old Daria in it as a recurring character might be cool, though, if you want and explicit connection.

Oh, but it wouldn't actually be possible for it to be good since MTV is a shithole, but I guess we're just shooting the shit here.

If you want to make a cool show from that universe, you need to use Aunt Amy. She'd be well-adjusted and fun to be around.

~55 year-old Aunt Amy?

Do you really have objections to a show starring a still-hot cougar aunt?

Did Spain get their own dub? I liked the Latin American dub with Laura Torres as Daria. Daria was not a show that many countries bothered to dub, so I thought the scripts did a fine job conveying the jokes and sarcasm to a Latin American audience. There is also a French dub, I am not fluent in it but Jane sounded hot.

>French Jane

>tone that Daria isnt right for being a snob and anti social
did you watch the show I did? she always seemed right to me.

>>It's only the anti-SJW ragers here who seem to think the show blindly endorsed Daria's every decision as wise. What show are they watching?
Uhh no, the show mostly did say she was right, and part of her being right is how consistently anti-SJW she was. there's no contradiction there.

There is a Catalan dub AFAIK

Idea for a Daria revival:

1. Daria's a widow with a son, who basically is a male version of her as a kid. Daria's husband was in the military, with the running subplot that their wedding was a shotgun one and the fact that Daria feels a great deal of guilt not trying to get him to leave the military, because she didn't want to come off like a royal bitch.

Daria is a writer, but has been blackballed from most major papers/organizations because she took a stand against the SJW machine in a Gamergate type scandal. Revival begins with her moving back to Lawndale, since the only steady job she could find was as a journalism teacher at Lawndale.

2. Quinn is single and a born again Christian who works at the local church as a minister. She found God while in college, and gave up the dating game because she found it to be a waste of time. Daria and Quinn still joust, with Daria as an athiest and Quinn a firm believer. In spite of being a Born Again Christian, Quinn is considerably liberal on abortion and gays, but super-conservative about sex (she's against premarital sex).

3. Helen is now a prosecutor, having given up corporate law after her law firm collapsed when the owner of the firm died. Jake is retired and spends all of his days doing crazy shit and annoying Helen.

4. Jodie is fucked; she basically crashed and burned while in college and basically dropped out in catastrophic fashion and got disowned by her parents. She spends most of her days, doing playing base with Trent (who knocked her up) and getting high.

5. Jane became an art class teacher at Lawndale. No kids, but she basically is raising Tom and Jodie's bastard daughter (who is the same age as Daria's son).

>>Continued

6. Sandy is the new Principal of the high school. She is still rivals with Quinn, and since Quinn chose God/faith, Sandy is now a hardcore science/STEM type dictator Principal obsessed with her students grades and graduation rates and shit. Is apathetic towards Daria, but not above screwing with her in order to get what she wants.

7. Stacy is married to Upchuck and they run a resurrected Alt.Lawndale Internet Cafe.

8. Brittany is a former actress; she did several B-Horror films and and used her money from those films to set up a cushy existence in Lawndale. She's more overtly smarter than she was in the original TV series, but is known to engage in flights of fancy.

9. Kevin is basically the school janitor. Complete fuck up, but looks favorably on Daria, which makes it hard for her to take joy in Kevin's fall from grace.

I like your ideas but your composition is not great

Holy fuck oldfags are fucking boring

>Daria's detached, cynical snootiness was adolescent zeitgeist in the '90s, but that's not true now

Are you sure? Teenagers are moody, sarcastic and depressed as fuck these days. Maybe not the normie ones but the tumblr/Sup Forums/weird Facebook crowd are, which the show would be appealing to in the first place/

t. 18 year old

90s youth angst and 2010s youth angst are totally distinct but at the moment I'm too lazy to be able to figure out how.

so Beavis and Butthead would be Sup Forums ? or Sup Forums ?

They already had Jodie Landon for that and handled her well.

Read
>Daria and Quinn still joust, with Daria as an athiest and Quinn a firm believer. In spite of being a Born Again Christian, Quinn is considerably liberal on abortion and gays, but super-conservative about sex (she's against premarital sex).
Daria is an explicit atheist but not one to talk about religion with other people.

Didn't feel like arguing with the entire list, some of them are okay.

yeah, everybody over 29 should be kicked out of Sup Forums as a whole to improve the site

I mean just look at Spider-Man: Homecoming, the closest thing there is to a Gen Z high school flick yet. MJ is very much a Daria-type, but still distinctly different, more a ripoff of Janis Ian from Mean Girls if that.

>Show Kevin and Brittany living in a trailer park with a dozen kids.
They come from upper-middle-class families. How would they end up in a trailer park?

They wouldn't even get back together. Brittany leaves him in the movie.

>everybody under 29
ftfy

get out grandpa

Kinda funny that many these days think of Daria as a proto Tumblrite ( not even close if you watched the show, she and Jane would've made fun of Tumblrites)
If a reboot happened she would be a legit Tumblrite and would probably have that stupid side cut they like

Daria would almost certainly just have a pixie cut. That's the modern "I don't give a shit about my how I look, but don't want to stand out much" haircut.

Daria would be the same. The music would be current, or, better, original. The issues might even be poignant and realistic.

Mr. DeMartino would be the same, only his Vietnam references would reference Iraq instead.

>athiest

>DeMartino now fought in the iraq war
>Maddog fought in the 'Nam war