Regarding the “Clone Conspiracy”

There’s serious debate as to whether the characters brought back are indeed the same characters as the originals or merely a clone. So why doesn’t Peter go to Doctor Strange and ask him to test one to see if they have the same soul?

Is Ben Reilly Peter Parker?

If the it’s cloning around the part of the body that didn’t decay or parts that did decay are “healed” in the manner of cell replication, I think it would be much easier to explain that it’s the same person. And I think that’s how Ben explained it in CC 1 when Gwen woke up.. But yeah, easiest way to solve this BS is a consultation with the doctor.

The soul thing really is the key. The clone argument could be used on many other resurrections, but it seems unique in Spider-Man’s world since they’ve ran that thing to to the ground. But just think of Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Cypher. The first two were cremated for crying out loud, and Cypher was reanimated in Necrosha by some sort of mutant power which seems to be very similar to what happened in Clone Conspiracy. However, no one questions the fact that Cypher is the real Cypher.

>There’s serious debate as to whether the characters brought back are indeed the same characters as the originals or merely a clone
What "serious debate"? They're clones. Ben Reilly's cloning method is almost exactly the same as The Jackal's was down and he even refers to them as clones.

They're clones. But a clone of a person that retains all their memories up to their death in a world where they're still dead means that they are basically that person since there's no point of divergence and they're genetically the same.

But Ben's method was cloning around the corpse I believe.

It was mentioned all the clones ben created are clones.

While ben is real. Only because warren mastered it.

Uh... why would they be the same people. This is the Jackal, he clones people.

Ben Reilly. Not Miles Warren.
Ben also said that they were made from the corpses.

And this, right here, is why capeshit is fucking terrible.

Is that Ben wearing a Jackal mask? What the fuck is going on?

Yes. He assumed the identity of the Jackal in the Clone Conspiracy after being driven mad by Miles Warren torturing him.

It's an edgy clone of Ben.

It's like Slott wanted it to remain unclear so that readers could come to their own conclusions, but at the same time wanted them to treat the clones as if they were the originals who had been brought back from the dead. Part of me hopes the matter is resolved in the current Scarlet Spider ongoing, but I think PAD's content with having everyone treat "Ben" as the real Ben.

Ben 29 is fucking Insane and a dead pool rip off

someone spoil me on how they got around the "take a pill every 24 hours " thing for the clones, I never finished reading this arc

Ock threw a tantrum hen Ben insulted his dwarf crush and the degeneration accelerated until Peter found out a way to produce a signal all over the world to save them. In the end it was revealed a few survived and a few died on panel, a great majority left a mystery.

He'll be fixed. I trust in PAD on this.

cuz Cypher is a cute. CUTE.

Alright, sort of off topic, but does anyone know who the guy dressed in the white suit with the purple mask is?

>It's like Slott wanted it to remain unclear so that readers could come to their own conclusions, but at the same time wanted them to treat the clones as if they were the originals who had been brought back from the dead
This can be easily solved in-universe. As was pointed out multiple times, afterlife exists for them and can be visited. If you clone someone who was dead, you can check if the dead person's soul is still in the afterlife or not. This is really not ambiguous at all.

Rose

yeah probably

How come Peter doesn't see Strange for help anymore anyways?

Wait, when did Mysterious die again?

I thought they were quietly ignoring that he was a fucking zombie or something

He didn't. It's one of the other ones.

>*mysterio

I don't know how that happened

There's more than one Mysterio???

There are Francis Klum and Daniel Berkhart. Original and main Mysterio is Quentin Beck.

Which is the one who died?

No, Prowler was still alive after his clone died. They were just made from genetic tissue of the dead bodies so they would have all their memories up to their deaths.

So they were just clones

Both.

I think the people in those tubes like Hobie and that guy who had the illness were a different circumstance because they were alive. Those were true clones.

Colossus was actually never cremated. Ord replaced the body. As for Nightcrawler, we actually saw his Soul in Heaven and then return to Earth.

I hope it's actually them. A lot of those are really cool characters and it would be a shame if they were clones.

It could be easily solved, but I don't think either Slott or PAD will bother. They'll probably just continue treating any of the surviving clones as if they were the originals.

Maybe not, but I could see Zdarsky doing it if he's allowed. I mean, he brought back Teresa who only appeared in the one GN.

>Which is the one who died?

Beck blew his brains out in the first arc of Kevin Smith's Daredevil but it ended up being retconned into all being a trick because it was just a shitty ripoff of Kraven's last hunt anyway.

Wasn't Klum Smith's character too? Did he just get rid of Beck to use his OC?

It's unknown. It could be Klum. It could be Berkhart. Klum got stabbed by the Other. Berkhart could have been killed by Jack O'Lantern.

We don't know which Jack O'Lantern was brought back either.