Is Hobgoblin the lamest Spider rogue?

Is Hobgoblin the lamest Spider rogue?
>is just a copy cat of Greengoblin
>origin is some random schmuck stumbling onto some goblin gear
>color scheme screams Halloween so hard that it looks out of place every other month

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z8eHijlTocQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Return_of_the_Sinister_Six
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like him without a identity, He is hatred and destruction.

Sure, You can kill him. But, another one will come back. I can't believe they never pair him with miles.

Hobgoblin is cooler than Green Goblin.

The Walrus and White Rabbit's whole purpose is to be the lamest Spider-Man villains.

Could be worse, at least he IS a goblin

Jason Macendale Hobgoblin is best goblin. He's a badass merc made all the more badass by the goblin gimmicks. he doesn't fuck around, he just kills and cripples people he's paid to target. He's a legitimately scary villain.

I never got the point of this character.

He was basically a Goblin knock off in a rogues gallery filled with Goblins. How did they expect him to stand out?

I like his costume, could translate real well into live action. Mark Hamill was a treat
youtu.be/z8eHijlTocQ

Someone hasn't read AXIS Hobgoblin

What about that guy whose head is a literal pumpkin in flames?

His schtick is that he is in for the money unlike Osborn. And he always get away.

I liked his incarnation in Remender Venom.

Hobgoblin (at least Kingsley) is great because he's clever, resource, and just enough of a fucker to blatantly steal someone's villain identity and get away with it, not to mention later profiting from knock-offs of other heroes and villains.

The mystery regarding him got fucked over by a later writer revealing him to be the wrong character that Stern didn't intend to, but it did lead to Kingsley pulling the mother of all keikakus.

lol

Did you READ any of the Macendale Hobgoblin stories?

The writers always wrote him as a pathetic little shit and coward, one who stole the Hobgoblin identity in the most cowardly pussy bitch manner.

Even when he was half demon, he was so bugshit crazy that he kept getting defeated....

White Rabbit is hot and Peter should bang her.

>green goblin
>orange hobgoblin
Were the designs of two classic D&D monsters inspired by Spider-Man villains?

Well, D&D Hobgoblins created Goblins as a sub race, so if so they got it kind of backwards

Lel, fuck off Howard Mackie. No one likes you. I like Slott more than you.
>that time when Mackie pushed his shitty villain so hard, he even tried to make him a Moon Knight rogue

His only reason to exist is that you can just paint a green goblin toy another color and call it a new character so kids buy it twice

>sticking your dick in crazy
>and not sexy disaster crazy either
>full on sad and kinda depressing crazy

In his very first fight with Spider-Man he was pretty much shitting his pants and running away like a bitch. That issue is a perfect representation of the character.
No matter how many times Howard Mackie tried to make him some ex-CIA badass, that scene spoke much louder

Kingsley is great in his own right, but it's hard to take him seriously seeing that his goals are mostly petty

Great and entertaining character, but as villains go he's just kind of "there"

what miles needs and deserves.

Aiden Gillen as Jason Macendale when?

Didn't work, I only had hobgoblin

>full on sad and kinda depressing crazy

That time she was Arcade's girlfriend and he kept calling her fat and gave her anorexia.

Mackie wasn't trying to make Hobgoblin a bad-ass so much as he was tryng to undo McFarlane fucking the character by turning him into an edgy as fuck mass murderer who thought God employed demons instead of angels

He did both. I have no idea what scenes like this are trying to prove other than "he's consistently a cowardly bitch, but I can make him a threatening villain, honest" declaration from Mackie.

It's because he never take's things personal. That's why Kingsley almost always gets away. He knows the "losing" battle. He only goes in if he knows he has the fight won or has the advantage to gain.

If he and Taskmaster ever met they'd probably be the greatest of buddies.

I would like to argue that Sandman is the lamest out of the big name Spidey villains.

>cowardly
There is no honor among thieves

Kingsley is basically the "Captain Cold" of Spider-Man Rogues. Which is scary given if the man actually though less than selfishly and put a gang like Cold did together. He'd kind of be frightening.

comics are so fucking stupid, holy shit

HIs reason of existing was because Roger Stern realized Spider-Man needed a Goblin to fight. With Norman kind of DEAD and Harry on the mend. There was no real Green Goblins left. Someone already did the "mystery" of a new Green Goblin and was freaking Bart Hamilton. Stern wanted more. He wanted this new goblin to be like what Norman once was before things got "personal". Enter the Hobgoblin!

That's fair enough and certainly part of his charm, but in the world of capeshit also what keeps him from being a top tier villain.

Also, Tasky scared of Moony.

The difference is Captain Cold has some honor. Kingsley is just a sociopath.

Only because he follows a strict code that by doing so always ensures he escapes. How many villains in the Marvel Universe can actually say they've only been caught and imprisoned once?

Norman's been in prison THREE times since he's come back. Guess how many times Kingsley has? Once.

Just one single time.

Touche. I can't argue that. Kingsley is a sociopath. The most frightening kind because the man has almost zero morals.

Which is saying something when even inverted he still basically himself but just opening up his franchise for more profit.

>Only because he follows a strict code that by doing so always ensures he escapes. How many villains in the Marvel Universe can actually say they've only been caught and imprisoned once?
>Norman's been in prison THREE times since he's come back. Guess how many times Kingsley has? Once.
>Just one single time.

Right, but once again it's capeshit. If he were a real world criminal he would be the more successful one, but capeshit is all about the spectacle, you need great losses and great wins

It's why Superman died and why most heroes have countless tragedies in their lives

>he's also a manlet
Never noticed it before. Wow, he's really the worst Hobgoblin.

Yea this is how I saw him too, a copy Goblin when there are already loads of Goblins. And no one seems to point that fact out either. This guy seems more like something you would see at another comic company.

He spent half his time trying to get superpowers from various things but it never worked out.

This was best Jack, hands down.
I wish we got to see more of him after Agent Venom, he was a wonderful bastard.

>I wish we got to see more of him after Agent Venom, he was a wonderful bastard.

He's made a bunch of cameos here and there, but I think the only one of them in which he had lines at all is that scene in Standoff! where Zemo starts REEEing when Jack, Cutthroat, and Bushwacker tell him that they couldn't find Kobik.

There was that bit in AXIS where Carnage started quoting The Warriors, only for Jack O'Lantern to tell him that no one's getting it.

I wish he was in more stuff. You never see him in the video games unless it's some Elsewords version, like Hobgoblin 2099.

Well, shit. You're right.
This is the only exception I can think of and I remember not liking it much.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Return_of_the_Sinister_Six

It's not fair. Spectacular Spider-Man was even canceled before he got to put on the costume!

He was meant to replace Norman when he died, wasn't he?

They're talking about Jack O'Lantern.

There's not being honourable and then there's just being pathetic.

He was created as a villain for the final issue of Machine Man. He got brought into the Spider-Man rogues gallery later because he was a new character co-created by Steve Ditko.

"Origin is some random schmuck stumbling into some goblin gear"

Similar to some random schmuck stumbling into spider powers. Almost an inversion.

He bought the gear off of the random schmuck who stumbled onto the Green Goblin hideaway, then killed him.

nah. he was the big bad of the eighties

Is there a "best of Hobgoblin" reading list?