I would like a Sonic action cartoon

Sonic boom is great and funny and everything, but its hardly an action cartoon.

I would have liked the OVA to have turned into an anime, but I guess Sonic wasn't popular in Japan and so it never happened. So maybe after that new Sonic movie (next year, right?) we might get new Sonic media.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a8ODLPVcby0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Sonic action cartoon
That's a monkey paw and you know it.

that movie had some great music
youtube.com/watch?v=a8ODLPVcby0

Sure, I want a retelling of the classic games and the adventure games and rush games. Probably do the sonic 06 arc.

What the fucking hell, I just finished watching that OVA for the first time tonight.

Can someone tell me why people keep thinking it's a good idea to give Sonic a (terrible) human love interest? Sega of Japan's tried to do it three times,actually done it twice and I never want to see Sara in any Sonic medium ever again...

I have no clue, I'm glad we didn't have to put up with love stuff after the mandates in the comics. But if Sega REALLY want's the blue blur to have a girl, just make her a Blank the Blank like every other character.

Also...maybe I should go over to /vr and ask this or some shit, but what exactly *is* Eggman/Robotnik's overall plan?

He wants to build a perfect robot city or something, and presumably fill it with robots *he* controls. I get the last part as just being his particular brand of megalomaniac, but why bother building a giant city for yourself if you're the only person in it?

She is not a human.

She is a saiyan.

>Three times

What was the third?

My guess they are trying to do what other popular hero game characters have. Bandicoot, Donky Kong, and Mario all have tall humanish girlfriends.

Problem is each of them were with their own species, "human looking" or not

>but why bother building a giant city for yourself if you're the only person in it?
It probably started off as "Haha! I rule this city my way!" and got bored of it over time and moved onto other bigger projects.

Too bad because Sega hates Sonic.

Before the first game was made, they wanted to put Sonic into a rock band, give him fangs, and a tall blond big-boobed girlfriend named Madonna. SEGA of America decided those were bad ideas and those concepts got the axe.

Sarah and the 06 Princess were actually the second and third attempt. If I remember the story correctly, Sega of Japan wanted Sonic to have a "Jessica Rabbit" esque girlfriend (and be part of a rock band or some shit) while making the original game before Sega of America looked at them funny and somehow talked them out of it.

Sarah > Elise > Madonna

Japan sure love making big booby blondies back then.

My money is on they focus test on kids, the little girls don't give a single shit about sonic, they are shown a princess instead, they love it, and then the board room dingbats go "See! You need a human in the story!"

On the other side the devs might be autistic enough to want to fulfill their original vision after all these years.

This is kind of unrelated to the thread topic but I would just like to point out
>Silver and Blaze have been in FOURTEEN (14) sonic games
>Have never once appeared in a sonic cartoon
wtf is this bullshit??

>Silver and Blaze
They seem forgettable.

>Elise>Madonna
objectively wrong

this nigga knows what's up

of course

The OVA was hot garbage, and this is coming from someone who absolutely loved it as a kid

Personally, I feel like a Sonic cartoon would need to walk the balance between SoL and comedy and action and adventure, it doesn't need to be an anime tier thing but doesn't have to be Sonic Boom style pure comedy either

Honestly, I imagine a good Sonic show that appeals to all parts of the fanbase being something similar to MLP FIM but with a higher focus on action/villain fighting, and no musical numbers

>The OVA was hot garbage

You think so? I think it's wasn't half bad.

Was Sarah that much of a love interest to Sonic, though? She just seemed kind of... there.

Did Mania spark a new interest in Sonic or something, or have there always been this many sonic fans here?

Not to mention, there was also Tiara who (while not a human) was supposed to be Sonic's girlfriend/love interest in Sonic X-Treme. Kinda glad that never happened tho, because she was basically going to be a complete & utter Mary Sue. Sonic doesn't need to have a girlfriend, but if SEGA wants to put him in a relationship, you have a best girl they could use.

I'd say the comics, cartoons & games like Mania/Forces kinda sparked a lot of Sonic discussion on here. I've also seen a decent number of people get into Sonic over the last year or two.

Sarah wasn't even a proper love interest. She spent most of the movie as a joke, Sonic didn't even give two shits about her.

I like Sonic Boom but it's odd to me because the character redesigns look like they were made for an action/adventure series and that was the vibe the Wii U game seemed to have but it's not what the tv series is at all. Then again, an action series would look really shitty with that tv quality CGI so they made the right choice to go with a comedy series.

Sonic X is the closest thing we have to an action series.

He wants to build an amusement park.

If they wanted to appeal to little girls, they would've used Amy. Sara was just there to be sexy.

Because Boom is primarily using only the main five characters and Silver and Blaze did not exist yet when the other shows were being made. If Sonic X lasted a couple more years, they probably would've shown up there but that didn't happen.

>Personally, I feel like a Sonic cartoon would need to walk the balance between SoL and comedy and action and adventure,
Have you seen SatAM? Because that's kind of what SatAM was.

Well, Rush was released when Sonic X was still around but it was during its 3rd & last season, I think. Had there been a Sonic X season 4 Silver & Blaze would've most likely been in it, since 06 came out the same year X ended.

That's an American game.

SatAM was trite cliches with an underdeveloped cast and shit choreography.
But unlike every other thing Sonic is in, it was boring too.