Why do you guys think casuals hate Superman and dick ride Batman so much?

Why do you guys think casuals hate Superman and dick ride Batman so much?
Is there anyone who likes both?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mq5vNY_FJeE
usscouts.org/advance/boyscout/bsoathlaw.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm guessing because Superman is "overpowered" and Batman is more "realistic" or something like that.

>hate Superman
>the most popular Superhero of all time

You can see the cancer all over shit like FB and Instagram comment pages.
Especially when some fag creates a "fact #2636" macro providing info without any context. It's arguments like, "because Superman is a pussy" "becasue he's he's Batman that why lol"

i like both but injustice 2 made me really hate batman

i really wish DC had the balls to do a regime batman story

This.

I'm guessing it comes from how the movies have never tried capturing Superman very well. There's often tonal issues that just go against how Superman is.

The Batman movies being able to just go dark with everything made it easier to sell to the public and it's the image of Batman that everyone is familiar with.

Go look up the comments on any Injustice video for real cancer.

Batman is a power fantasy. Superman is a morality tale.

Guess which one Joe Average loves more?

Because they don't actually read his stories, and conceptually he sounds dull. "Strongest man in the universe with the best, most impeccable morals, who can't lose no matter what (generally speaking)" sounds like a fucking awful read, so casuals just take him at face value.

I enjoy both, but I grew up loving Batman media and had little exposure to Supes other than the first Donner movie so I'm busy playing catch up with Superstuff.

youtu.be/mq5vNY_FJeE

I am not a casual and I like Batman more

Probably because the animated series, and I like heroes without powers who use their intellect. I also find Superman boring because he is like a less brave Captain America because he doesnt need to risk nearly as much for his ideals, and is just as arrogant as Batman but thinks he isnt

I like this pic, and the idea Joker is nervous of Superman not because muh potential Injustice personality, but Superman's such a good dude yet who's also just so fed up with evil's shit that he'd foil Joker hard, pimpslap him around like a bitch, and just utterly humiliate him in the process to where Joker regrets everything.

Forget what he said in Injustice 1 year one - Superman is HARD mode.

Because of bullshit like this.
Hell Batman V Superman was full of Batman wank over Superman.

no but I hate both

Why bother caring about what casuals think? Don't let idiots ruin your enjoyment OP

Really made me think, not meming

>I like heroes without powers
Money is power

Most people in the world like Superman as an idea or a symbol. They'd buy a t-shirt or a bumper sticker because Superman symbolizes strength and courage and all that, but most of the people have no fucking clue who he is as a character, and probably don't care.

Superman is literally just a symbol to most people. Despite being the most well-known superhero ever, he's impossible to market to people as an actual character because his name is already synonymous with perfection to most people and that's boring as fuck, but they don't care. Superman is a word to be backed up by a definition. Not a character to be backed up by a story.

No one does that tho. You are confusing Casuals and normies, normies don't care about superman and barely like batman. Casuals on the other hand either like batman because it's huge or shit on batman because he is huge. Batman and superman are the Metallica and megadeth of capeshit. You OP are clearly a casual, as actual comic readers wouldn't made such a stupid thread asking something so stupid just to bitch about batman.

I like both, I think batman is turns out a better rate of stories but I tend to defend superman more.

some people really seem to have it out for the character. They say he's too perfect but when ever they see a flaw they then say 'looks like he isn't that good'.

He can't win with some people

yeah. this is usually the casual response. "Batman's just a man, you know, just a guy." I cringe at the thought.

Don't do this. It's physically painful. Injustice posts and people claiming they're canon "cause it's in the comics" are everything wrong with the world.

You hear a lot of bullshitting about cultural appropriation in the last few years but, identity politics to the side, I do feel a taste of that resentment when I hear normies talk about comics.

>who use their intellect
you could have just said
>I don't read superman

I don't exactly hate Batman.
It's just when he shows up in a story my reaction is: Why the hell is HE here again?
He goes on my nerves. A few years of no oversaturation might change that.

You just hate batman. Nothing shameful about that. But don't pretend you don't

Alright, I'm not really up on the 'social media' with all you young hip kids. This burning dumpster fire is about as close as I come. Is shitting on superman by Batcasuals a real thing or is it a meme? I just hang out at my LCS if I want to talk shit so I'm legitimately asking.

Of course this is someone.

It's real. They say Batman is more relatable because he's got no powers despite and hate Superman for being overpowered despite having never read a Superman comic.
If you want to find these people just look in any YouTube comment section under a video with Batman and Superman in it.

"comics facts" pages are teeming with batfam wankery in general. Usually batman and red hood facts taken out of context or from injustice.

>If you want to find these people just look in any YouTube comment section under a video with Batman and Superman in it.
No, no. I do not want to find these people. That would be the opposite of what I want to do.
>Usually batman and red hood facts taken out of context or from injustice.
That sounds awful.
Whelp, there's room in the internet hermit club if anyone wants to join. Abstinence isn't encouraged but may be inevitable.

I don't follow social media either. I prefer Batman but understand Superman isn't all powerful, nor invincible. I like seeing both characters interact, but I'll admit Batwankery ends up muddling the entire concept.

It depends on who's writing them. For me, the definitive example of a Batman/Superman team up would be Public Enemies. It really paints them as friends who respect one another, and it doesn't need to hurt one to try and make the other look better.

And who is the casual that goes to those sites?

You

And who is the casual that goes to those sites?

You

You are a casual for going to those places

My favourite superhero is Superman, I don't care if that makes me sound like a casual.
He's just so loveable, kind and wholesome. Even better with the Rebirth superfamily.

Because Bat-Man has had great films and the best Superman stories are in his comic books and cartoons, which do not contribute to how people learn about Superman through cultural osmosis.

People thought Batman was a joke before Nolan.

because society has grown incredibly cynical and jaded, and therefore refuses to believe anyone with Superman's powers would ever have impeccable morals and stand for justice. he was most popular when he matched the American outlook. optimism and a determination to preserve truth, justice, and yes, the American way. An icon who can act as an example of the model citizen

While Batman these days, has become sort of a reflection of society. A jaded cynical superhero who trusts nobody, and understands you need to put the fear of god in people for them to behave.

this supplemented by the batwankery of the past 20 years that created "batgod"

For a casual fan of comic book characters, the entire point of the genre is watching dudes in spandex fight masked goons/other dudes in spandex. It's a little like boxing, and like boxing, no one wants to watch a match where one unbeatable superstar knocks out his opponent within seconds of the first bell with a single punch. Oh, sure, the novelty of it might be entertaining the first two or three times, but what the casual audience REALLY wants is a fair contest (or, if not a fair one, at least a challenging one).

To them, Batman is a mere mortal. Granted, he's done more than is actually physically possible to train his body to its mental and physical peak, but at the end of the day, if you shoot him, he's dead, and he's not gonna be benchpressing cars anytime soon. Superman, on the other hand, is so powerful that he can't logically be physically challenged at all without bringing Kryptonite into the equation.

tl;dr: To a casual, the point of superheroes is the fights. If a guy is too strong for anyone to fight him, then he must not interesting, because conflict in superhero stories can't exist if it doesn't involve punching.

Not that any of this really applies if you read any Superman story written in the last 30 years or so, but good luck with trying to sell a Superman hater on that.

You don't need to post like a bot for us to know you're an autist. A statement like that is pretty indicative of your mental condition.

But sure, having and visiting non-anonymous forms of social media makes someone casual. Whatever you say Almighty Autismo.

Because the industry is substain by casuals, not a vocal minority of neckbeards wanking to Super morality

>No, no. I do not want to find these people. That would be the opposite of what I want to do
So you want to hide on your safe space and pretend everyone love Superman

I started as a batfag and only lately I understood how important superman is. Sometimes you really need a boyscout to light up your day.

Never understood this meme to be honest. Batman's 10 times the boyscout Superman is.

Social Media is for that, not to talk about comics, you just want to be triggered and play victim.

Batman beats the shit out of random thugs and puts them in hospitals and doesn't concern himself with the petty needs of most citizens of Gotham. He is also extremely underhanded and secretive even with his own allies, and works poorly in teams. He is definitely suffering from a psychosis of some sort.

None of this is boy scout behavior. Although he IS always prepared.

Sup Forums is filled with casuals that don't understand normie and casual are not the same thing. This guy's seriously believe that not liking batman means they have some kind of street cred, when it's just that you don't like one character. Supermanfags in Sup Forums are either casuals that probably hate that TDK is popular among normies or autistic fanboys. Don't judge superman fans for the people here in Sup Forums, this particular board has some pretty fucked up superfags.

Farther proof that half of the superfags in this board are casuals.

Batman is a boyscout in that most boyscouts are self important douchebags who care more about their own ideals and getting their own way first. Superman is a boyscout in the meme way.

>tfw such a casual you think Superman is the most popular superhero and Batman is the patrician choice

we should all like plasticman instead

I would suggest that Batman is the more obvious power fantasy, whereas Superman is a more sophisticated one.

I said nothing about Superman.

Yes user, and you came to this thread out of just hatred for batman?

Literally no one believes that superman is the most popular superhero. Not even normies

How to make a supes movie that can make normies like him

Just do a legion of superheroes movie with a teen supes traveling to the future

Then just do the same shit guardians of the galaxy did problem solved

Normies will never be able to understand supes without a good entry point and i think the legion is the best place to start

>normie and casual are not the same thing
>trying to actually nail down shit talk
please tell me you don't conflate comics and graphic novels then. If you're autistic be thorough.

Normies like superman.

I just came here to reply to that poster who thinks Batman is a boy scout when none of his behavior is boy scout-like at all, so I'm not sure how he came to that conclusion.

What the fuck is with the persecution complex? I said noting about which hero is better, or even which one I like better. Or if I even like any of them at all. Fuck off with your fanwank wars.

This is social media faggot.

Casuals are part of the fanbase, normies are just normal people. I know you are a casual with delusions of greatness, but Casuals are big bang faggots, wiki fags and faggots that like you believe that characters are like football teams. Normies are just normal people outside the fanbase. Just like having a ps4 and playing fifa and call of duty don't turn you into a gamer, being a fan of Tarantino doesn't make you a cinephile, being into superman, reading a few comics and torrenting cartoon movies doesn't stop you from being a casual.

Normies are not the same as a casual and that won't change even if that hurts your ego.

Fucking casual.

I came with the conclusion you are a casual because your post is extremely ignorant of the most popular superhero, if you don't know shit about batman or superman you are casual, not knowing entry level shit is fine if you don't care about it, but is not OK if you care enough to give your opinion as a fact.

My normie friends make fun of them both thanks to DC movies. Especially Bat"I smoke 50 packs a day"man

where the fuck is Plastic Man in the Injustice universe?

That user who said he was a boyscout here.

Tell me why you think Superman is.

I think Batman is because he lives an incredibily regimented life. Because he's all about planning and prepping and preparing for shit. Like the little faggots learning to make a spear in the woods. Or them learning to sew for a badge. or the numerous other menial tasks any human should be capable of. But they do it in the woods to prepare. Just in case they ever end up in the woods.

Their fucking motto is "be prepared."

usscouts.org/advance/boyscout/bsoathlaw.asp

Literally could retitle that Bruce Wayne dot com.

Batman has an oath, trains and trains and trains, gets prepared for the "what if", considers "doing right" something he's been pushed to do. Who's to even say without his parent's death he'd have ever been the same. He'd probably have become a doctor. He may have become Rob Kardashian.

I'm a pretty big batman fan, easily own more batman comics than any other character, superman included. And by all definitions, in my opinion, the dude's a boyscout through and through.

What is wrong about my post? You still haven't refuted me, you've just been slinging accusations and insults like a pleb.

Look at the newfag REEing for acceptance. You didn't even address my point faggot.

Also at what point did you think I was a character fag?

I honestly hate the people who claim goku can beat superman more, when they don't know shit

This completely

>second panel

Okay, so if you could stop being an autistic pedant for a second, you'd realize that they are BOTH like boy scouts in different ways. Batman exemplifies the discipline, while Superman is about the demeanor.

But when people use the term, they are no using it in the way you are taking it, so you're kind of wrong.

>
>Batman beats the shit out of random thugs
No. In fact he doesn't. He only shows his real strength with metas and only hits normal thugs hard if they are using body armor.

>and puts them in hospitals
sure

>and doesn't concern himself with the petty needs of most citizens of Gotham.

Even a casual that has only watches movies would know this is false
>He is also extremely underhanded and secretive even with his own allies
Not really
>and works poorly in teams
He is the second biggest leaguer arte Martian manhunter, was part of JLI, founded his own team the outsiders, leads the bat family, and is the character that team ups the most.

>He is definitely suffering from a psychosis of some sort.
He isn't, but you can also. Call it ptsd or paranoia if you want, you would be wrong too.

THe problem is that the mythos of Batman is so big, for every point you are trying to refute, there are both dozens of stories that support it, and dozens more that don't.

Not even close to clarks

How other people use the term is non of my concern faggot. People misuse 'literally' all the fucking time there is still a proper usage.

why did you tag me here? I didn't say any of that shit dumbass.

Because Batman is the cool, gritty, edgy dude from the Dark Knight movies while Superman is some silly blue boy scout from a bunch of shitty movies.

At least that's how normalfags see it, lets face it, they base all their superhero knowledge on movies and Supes really hasn't had many good movies compared to Batman

There's literally not a single story of batman being paranoid for example. But the meme keeps going. If you like in a forest with bears is not paranoid to believe you may be attacked, if the justice league has been corrupted in other earth's, you know their evil counterparts and mind control exists is not paranoid to not tell them shit. Is not paranoid not to tell shit to the robins when war games happens or when they go and do stupid shit like Todd,dick or damian not obeying. I'm not going to even acknowledge the batman doesn't care for the needs of normal people stupidity.

I've never actually seen any batwank on Sup Forums, only people bitching about it. Meanwhile, I constantly come across Superman dick-riding. I've actually seen someone claim that kryptonite isn't enough to hurt Superman because a person wouldn't be able to "use it" fast enough. WTF. Unless it's in a lead box, it's already "working".

I see them as brothers, is that wrong?

glad you got that off of your chest?

>inb4 some faggot posts the brothers from another martha tweet

So I was just thinking about this, and I'm not sure if it's a thing that's happened before or even brought up, but Superman should have a utility belt like Batman does. Like, he already has a red belt in his current design, it should just have compartments to hold stuff that he might need. He shouldn't ever need to use it in his day-to-day superhero stuff, but what if he comes across someone gravely injured that he can't easily move to a hospital? Something like a canteen of water or bandages or painkillers might be extremely useful in that situation. Or, alternatively, what if he finds himself under a red sun and can't use his powers? A grappling hook or some similar tool would actually come in real handy right around then.

>Why do you guys think casuals hate Superman and dick ride Batman so much?
This is really a myth. I know it's tempting to buy into it, but don't.

Iconic =/= most popular

Superman is THE superhero, synonymous with the name. But Batman is the most popular along with Spider-Man.

People prefer the underdogs rather than god characters. The fact that Batman should be considered the underdog yet constantly puts more powerful beings in their place while still having that possibility of being vulnerable makes him more of a badass.

but he is just a man, he is just a guy

Jesus fucking Christ. Yeah, he's just like you user.

Bullshit.

He has pockets in his cape

Literally had this said to me yesterday. Thankfully there's no more obvious pleb filter than this

Superman is many things, but he is not a power fantasy. Only to the unobservant and the ignorant is Superman a fantasy. Consider the character's most landmark stories: they revolve not around his amazing powers or the feats of strength he can accomplish with them but, rather, the consequences of having said power, the responsibility that they mandate and the humanity that he retains in spite of them. Every iconic Superman story or moment revolves around connection. How he connects to the people he's dedicated his life to protecting. How he connects to his homeworld, lost before he even knew of its existence. How he connects to the viewer in ways that makes them believe in a better world. Superman teaches us to be better and do better not by being faster than a speeding bullet or leaping tall buildings in a single bound. He does it through the simplest acts of kindness in a contentious world. That is what sets the character apart from any other superhero. That's why he will never be a power fantasy. To be Superman is to be a man first and super second and he forces his readers to come to grips with that fundamental truth: that we are all of us human no matter who we are or what we can do. And we will always have that shared obligation to be human to one another.

Batman is nowhere near as complex or morally didactic as a character. He draws the eye not because he's "real" or "human" but because he's the smartest and the coolest and the bestest. For that reason, he will always be a more petulant and shallow character.

Behind the illusions of philosophical and ethical depth generated by his darker themes and villains, he is significantly more common. And, as such, he will always be more beloved by common minds.

Forgot my pic.

I hate both Superman and Batman.

>I also find Superman boring because he is like a less brave Captain America because he doesnt need to risk nearly as much for his ideals,

>Captain America
>Fight Nazis
>Fight regular humans with guns
>Fight terrorists
>Fight human that specialize in kicking

>Superman
>Fight world conquerors
>Fight world killers
>Fight cosmic horrors
>Fight reality manipulating man-child

Jeez, Captain America must be so brave to fight against beings where the entire planet and universe isn't at stake.

I'm not really the biggest comic fan, I'm mostly here for the cartoons, but you saying that made me noticed something. Batman's two biggest stories "The Killing Joke", and "Death In The Family", the tales which had the (as far as I know) biggest Effect on the story line, both were not centered around him, but how he fucked up to save the people around him that he loved.

>There's literally not a single story of batman being paranoid for example
>What is the Omac project
If you think that because something happened to you you're justified to keep a literal spynet on everyone instead of actually trying to talk things out, guess what? you're insane.

>There are people out there that literally think Superman is not a power fantasy
Jesus Christ, I love the guy as much as the next guy but to say the power fantasy is not an essential part of the character is basically ignoring a huge batch of his history for some mega-autismal "muh ethics" rant that literally goes nowhere is doing him a fantastical disservice.

>Superman is many things, but he is not a power fantasy.
He was created by two poor jewish kids for fulfilling their fantasies of kicking the establishment's ass during the depression, the same establishment that screwed them like it screwed many immigrants but that's another story.

Wow, you actually managed to be the dumbest fucking person in the thread. Way to go sparky.