I feel like such a traitor for saying this, but I love this fucking show. Are we getting Herr Starr this season?

I feel like such a traitor for saying this, but I love this fucking show. Are we getting Herr Starr this season?
Also, does it send your panties into a twist that it deviates so much from the original? It does with mine and I still love it.

yup

It pisses me off that we see Cassidy's eyes in the damn poster.

I don't hate it just because it deviates from the original. I hate it because it deviates in such a way that the show will NEVER have the moral/emotional core that the comic had. I shouldn't have expected Hollywood jews to spit out anything other than a mocking, orgiastic Tarantino-wannabe waste of my time.

RIP Steve, glad Garth is getting some TV cash, not all of it can go to that hack Millar (Well he gets movies, but you know what I mean)

First season had some interesting bits, some crapppy bits and was clearly aggressively Not Muh from the start... eh. Not watched the rest yet, not too pressed.

I haven't seen it yet. How do they handle John Wayne?

>the show will NEVER have the moral/emotional core that the comic had.
Sounds like a perception problem and not a show problem. Also it feels more Sam Raimi than Tarantino, really.

They don't.

I think this season is better than the first. At least more is actually happening.

It's fun to watch and to see what they changed, but it feels to me like the majority of the changes are negative. Like, it would be better if they'd changed literally nothing. Preacher isn't a perfect comic, but the differences seem to be almost for their own sake.

Well hell, it can fuck right off, pilgrim.

To be fair he didn't show up until later in the book either. Also they clearly have decided to actually make the show like the book now, finally.

I've seen season 1 and liked it, although I thought the pace was very slow.

Then I read the first arc of the comic book and I no longer feel like watching the show. It felt completely inferior and I'm not sure if I want to watch season 2. Is it any better?

A few changes were alright.

It's better. The pacing isn't nearly as glacial, although it's still somewhat slow.

There was no fucking point to any of the Annville characters other that Arseface. If they'd never existed at all, we'd still be in essentially the same place by now in Season 2, as other than the main cast everyone who mattered came from outside Annville anyways.

>To be fair he didn't show up until later in the book either.
He was in the very first issue.

>There was no fucking point to any of the Annville characters other that Arseface.
They were pretty good characters, their demise is completely inconsequential, it doesn't make their stories not worth telling.

It's not just their demise, their entire lives were almost completely inconsequential to the ongoing story.

It would have been fine to use a couple of episodes on them, but combined with the slow pacing it just felt pointless.

Of all of the things for them to fuck up, the pacing hurts the most. I think the fast, crazy action is part of what defines Preacher. It's absurd and slapstick and makes you want to laugh and gag at the same time. Slice-of-life in a small Texas town doesn't fit.

By the time the comic has gotten to the Salvation arc, Jesse has grown as a character and needs the change of pace. It fits there, but not earlier.

Is this worth watching, despite the deviation from the source material?

Legit, curious and wanting Sup Forums's input here,

I didn't watch the first season because making Preacher a show that takes place in one area is a slap in the face to the rocking road story of the comic.

>It would have been fine to use a couple of episodes on them, but combined with the slow pacing it just felt pointless.
It helped establish the main cast, I still feel it was the right choice.

I think it's worth a watch. You'll know pretty fast if you'll hate it. I don't blame anyone for liking or disliking it desu. I have a love hate feeling towards it that tips slightly less toward the hate side. Hope that made sense. hope John Wayne shows up but I doubt it.

Yeah, I'd say so. I don't expect them to indulge in Ennis' more fucked up humor, though, especially everything that happens to Starr. I guess we'll see how far AMC lets it slide.

Oh you're right, just looked in my trades. I guess I mean he didn't really become a major force in the story, or that it wouldn't change the use of the character to introduce him later. I dunno, I don't even watch the show.

The comic does that just fine in two issues with a minumum of expository text.

And the show does it in one season. Again, other than the differences between both stories, they've been handling the narrative rather well.