Hobgoblin Saga

Since last night there was a long discussion on the subject let's have a storytime! Because it's just business to storytime this Saga.

Yes, Pete letting one criminal go in the wild sure as hell won't bite you back in the ass.

Aunt Anna. Huh I wonder what happened to her? Last time I saw her was in early 00s.

> Sometimes I think Norman Osborn might haunt me for the rest of my life.

You ain't kidding Pete.

> the man was a monster before he even put on the suit.

Damn.

Funny how once Norman got in power or became "serum" free. He let others use his Goblin tech. I'm surprised Kingsley never did this as well.

Such a killer first appearance.

Best Goblin storytime

It surprises me re-reading this now. Just how well Stern laid so many clues as to the identity of the Hobgoblin in the first issue.

I still can't see Ned Leeds ever as the original. Even re-reading it back then when he was the "official" identity back in the early 90s. It just didn't make sense. No matter how much Christoper Priest tried to spin it.

But that's the fun thing about this Saga. Sure the original portion is entertaining. But the behind the scenes stuff going on with this book at the time was even more fun.

Pity there will never been a tell-all book about the shit Stern, DeFalco, Priest, and probably Shooter did to one another.

> this subplot teased here would eventually somehow go on for ten years leading to Hobgoblin Lives.

> we will never have this tight of continuity ever again.

Poor Lance.

Lewd.

>Just how well Stern laid so many clues as to the identity of the Hobgoblin in the first issue.

Despite being one of the things people see as a 'clue' in retrospect, Hobgoblin redesigning the Green Goblin costume wasn't 'intended' as a clue pointing to Kingsley.

Stern admitted he didn't decide who it was going to be until he was scripting dialogue for the issue. The costume change was already there as a necessary element of the plot creating a new Goblin to replace the Green Goblin.

Actually I was thinking about the cover with the Spider suit. A Spider-Man suit was involved in the last prior appearance of Kingsley involving some shennigans).

The other was well, can you really see Lance or Ned doing any of this in the first issue? They don't fit the type to do away with Georgie. No matter how many red herrings we had throughout this. Which is why it made more sense that this could have been Richard Fisk as DeFalco intended.

Oh Pete you dick.

Was this a good or bad plot twist?

Depends on who you prefer.

Ouch on what happened to Lefty. Still, the Hobgoblin has "fashionable" taste in jackets there.

> this place was so not in a reporter/photographer's budget.

Betty you criminal mastermind!

Glad they corrected the coloring errors in the new edition of this.

Poor Jack Kirby.

OUCH.

Now I'm taking a twenty-five minute break. I'll be back. Here's the cover to the next issue to pass the time.

>'Lefty' Donovan

Was he named for his politics?

But without Normans super strength and healing, how could he hope to stand a chance against Spider-Man?

There never was healing until the mid-90s with the Goblin serum. Super Strength on the other hand well...