All The Marvel Legacy Variant Covers Will Now Be Available In Lenticular Versions Too

bleedingcool.com/2017/07/11/all-the-marvel-legacy-variant-covers-will-now-be-available-in-lenticular-versions-too/

>The Marvel homage covers will be available in lenticular versions as well, flipping back from one to the other.

CHANGE THE INDUSTRY FOREVER!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wj0XgNMtfsY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DC already did that.

With 2 comics. This is EVERY SINGLE ONE. So not only do we have variant covers. We have a special variant for the variants.

>Moebius will share a cover with Henderson

Its like my soul is vomitting.

what are lenticulars

It has a gridded plastic thing on top, so when you move it a certain way another image shows up.

>CHANGE THE INDUSTRY FOREVER!
>Pic related

>Sales figures for every Legacy book are gonna be divided between regular and lenticular.

There's that extra dollar.

I can't even take solace in making fun of Marvel because even comics "journalists" are doing it now.

so same old shit, new label?

Even when they copy DC Marvel still fucks it up.

Did you expect anything less? The covers cost more to manufacture, no shit they're going to charge more.

The surprise here is that it might only be the extra dollar and not an extra two or three

This is exactly what Legacy is, I think they wanted to do their own Rebirth, but what they've done is barely shake up creative teams and isn't really doing anything fans want, they're trying for Rebirth but they're just doing a New52

They need to quit breaking the internet with these announcements

THE 90S ARE BACK

>Copy everything DC has done.
>But make sure the stories are still shit.
>Make sure to keep pushing your PROGRESSIVE characters.
>Make sure to keep gouging the customer at every turn.
>Make sure to keep trying to milk every dollar out of fans.
>People still defend Marvel

>Movies-wise, DC is lagging behind Marvel
>Comics-wise, Marvel is lagging behind DC

>Yfw DC are pushing "progressive" characters and are not getting the backlash

Again, progressive characters were never the problem. Look at how well DC has integrated them.

The problem is Marvel's writers. They could go to classic Cap, Thor, Hulk, and Spidey, and if Bendis and Slott were still writing them, they would still be shit.

True but movie wise it looks like dc is trying to actually fix there shit but marvel thinks they can pull the same shit they been pulling and call it them fixing whats wrong with there comics.

I can easily see DC pushing ahead now that WB has put someone in charge rather than just Snyder and the MCU's continued formulaic movies

I like Snyder but whoever thought it was a good idea to have him basically be incharge of a DC films universe when his favourite batman story is the dark Knight returns and thinks heroes talking to eachother in costumes is silly is a mororn

What's next, holofoils? It's like the 90s all over again.

Here's an example of a fairly recent DC one. They can be pretty cool, but they are really gimmicky.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wj0XgNMtfsY

It helps that the progressive characters are hot as fuck

Oh. I wasn't implying that having progressive characters was a bad thing, not at all. When you think about Marvel progressive, it's just this utter pile of shit where they toss out the original, make him a Nazi, and replace them with someone black or a woman. DC has always handled both their legacy and new, "progressive" characters well.

When I think of Kyle, I don't think Latino Lantern. When I think of Jessica, I don't think Latina Lantern. When I think of Cyborg, I don't think black robot, since all of these characters have a lot of depth and characterization.

DC has comics, animation, and video games under complete control, with their movies actually being better than Marvels. The reason I say that DC's movies are better than Marvels is simple; people still discuss Man of Steel to this day, where no one even mentions a Marvel movie unless it's the newest one.

That's because DC's progressive legacies are written a lot better and they're not being shoehorned in to push an obvious agenda. DC has their diversity as just one small part of their characters, whereas most of Marvel's are defined purely by their diversity and nothing more.

There is a world of difference between what DC is doing with their diverse characters, what DC has been doing for years, and how Marvel is using diversity as both a crutch and a shield.

They did it with tons of comics for Villains month

Because these 'progressive' characters are actually in interesting stories, which is the part Marvel has been missing from the equation.
Marvel has just been giving shitty stories with 'progressive' characters and pushing them as Big Deal even though they're shit.

Simon is okay. Jessica is someone you want to root for. Tanya and Wally II have a great writer on them. Kenan has been one of the best things in rebirth. Diversity is great when it's not the only trait your characters have.

I guarantee you that they'll cost an extra $2 instead of the extra $1 that DC did with The Button.

This is a perfect example of how Marvel is taking the wrong lessons from DC's success with Rebirth.

They saw that Batman and The Flash were selling more than Secret Empire, but instead of analyzing what led to this both on their end and on DC's end, they saw that the two books had lenticular and non-lenticular variants and rolled them out for all of their books.

>These covers are probably gonna drive up prices
Rev up those shekels.

Take marvel behind the shed for Christ's sake

And Future's End.

>It's like the 90s all over again.
>tfw i'll be able to experience 2 comic market crashes in my lifetime
truly the best timeline

>When I think of Kyle, I don't think Latino Lantern.
he's Latino? I didn't even know that.
>When I think of Jessica, I don't think Latina Lantern
I think "cop movie IN SPAAAACE(sometimes)"
> When I think of Cyborg, I don't think black robot
he should have just stayed a Titan.

Seems a bit excessive for books people aren't excited for. I can see Amazing Spider-Man or Venom selling since people actually care about those books. But stuff like Falcon and She-Hulk seem dead in the water.