Will he ever be in another Spider-Man movie?

Will he ever be in another Spider-Man movie?

Homecoming didn't really make it seem like Peter would be getting a job with the Bugle in the MCU

he is too offensive

Newspapers are dead OP. Millenials wouldnt understand. He might work for a blog or something.

Probably some of but it didn't also help that JK Simmons was perfect as him and they'll never find a suitable replacement

They could easily work it into a future movie, they just didn't want to get stuck on the same stuff in a fresh start

But who should play him?

Gary Oldman would work but he's attached to the sinking ship that is the DCEU

He will have a vendetta against spider-man when his daughter michelle dies

hugh laurie

I think John Malkovitch could make an interesting JJ, but part of me thinks they'd want to skew younger.

If he didn't quit acting, I wonder if they could've gotten Daniel Day Lewis.

See what Bob Odenkirk is up to after Better Call Saul ends

naw you just need him to be a newspaper guy with a Bill O"Reilly like show once a week where he screams about what a menace Spider-Man is for an hour

I want Brad Pitt for Jonah

like a angry Tyler Durden abusive type Brad Pitt

I don't think Oldman is
But it doesn't matter
They're gonna do the exact same thing again?

I wonder if the best way would to use some sort of Nancy Grace parody

I would be completely fine with a race swapped JJ if they got Terry Crews to do it.

They could introduce him as a character but have his role be different by doing the Scorpion origin story with him.

>If he didn't quit acting, I wonder if they could've gotten Daniel Day Lewis.

Daniel Day-Lewis is so infamously selective in the roles he takes that he's only had five screen credits in the 21st Century.

Do you actually think he would have signed on for "Spider-Man: Graduation" or whatever?

Wait you're right.

JK Simmons is replacing Oldman as Gordon

You know what? That works. We can trade. They get JK, Marvel gets Oldman.

Again, old white guy?
JK Simmons was perfect so they need to do something different or it's going to be lost
I'm not necessarily advocating for diversity but it seems like we're trying for Simmons again

they already racial swapped Urich

leave my JJJ alone

Its really simple:
>JJJ his head of a news network, The Daily Bugle
>Michelle is his daughter, Michelle Jameson
>Michelle dies in the sequel as a stand in for Gwen
>Peter failing to save her gives further fuel for JJJ to hate Spider Man and demand his arrest

holy shit that could actually work

The real question is, will we be seeing Venom in another spiderman movie. Being a Venom fag is suffering I never signed up for

>He hasnt heard
user...

You can still get a white guy
But they need to change from old guy at a newspaper especially since newspapers are dying off

killing Spider-man's girlfriend is dumb

The only reason it happened with Gwen was so Gerry Conway could make room for his ship

it's cheap. It's not essential. Just don't do it anymore.

I am also deaf. Explain further what we are missing.

I've heard rumour of a stand alone Venom movie, but i have no idea how that shit is going to work. His only motivation,at least off the bat, is his hulking hate boner for spider-man

I don't think Oldman will be as funny and so I don't like it

Michelle's last name is Jones

If we're opening up to raceswapping, then I say go for broke and see if you can't get Denzel

Its not a rumor, Tom Hardy is playing Eddie in a standalone Venom movie made by Sony

From a marketing standpoint it would sell, but not as well as JK Simmons doing Gordon. Guy is perfect as both Commish and Editor in chief.

But we get rid of Michelle
I cant for the life of me recollect them ever stating her last name

They've said that it'll still be part of the same world. So Tom Holland could still show up.

Meh I'd rather have an asian Jameson becacuse then he can pull off that sarcastic old man dialogue with a mustache while making snide comments on being a publisher back in his country.

user they've waffled on the entire thing in like 4 different interviews. They dont know yet. First it was no, then it was yes, then it was Netflix/Show one way canon

They stated it elsewhere.

We don't need to get rid of Michelle.

>i have no idea how that shit is going to work
When has that stopped Sony?

Wait seriously?
Leave it to the MCU to fuck up the most basic and instrumental aspect of Peter's life.

>We dont need to get rid of Michelle
Good one user

Honestly, that struck me as them feeling things out. Now that Homecoming is a proven success they're going to be jumping at the bit to hitch their wagons to it. The waffling was for the sake of plausible deniability.

Terry crews and he'll be michelles dad

Is JK Simmons too old to play the role again?

The more you do this shit the more screen time I want her to have

These don't address my concerns

Not quite his tempo, I think

He's playing Commissioner Gordon now
I've only seen him say one line and he's already the best thing over there at DC

>Peter goes to the Daily Bugle
>EIC chair spins around
>It's Simmons.
>"What are you gawking at?"
>"I thought you'd look... different."
>"Different compared to what, myself? GET OUT THERE AND GET ME PICTURES, PARKER!"

Do you think if they ever get around to that Spiderverse movie they can get Simmons back for a cameo?

you sure show him

would be funny

>This is post credits
>JAMESON WILL RETURN IN THE AVENGERS

Willem Defoe would be a great JJJ imo

Amy Pascal is just baiting people into seeing Sony's shitty movies.

>Homecoming didn't really make it seem like Peter would be getting a job with the Bugle in the MCU- 52 posts and 6 image replies shown.

Just do the ultimate Spider-Man thing and make him a web designer for the bugle instead. Eventually they went from newspapers to an online news/blog site.

What the fuck is up with you guys wanting the same actors that have already been in spidey movies. Bring somenew blood into this

But muh Simmons

Judi Dench continued to play M in multiple 007 movies despite the Bond actor being changed more than once. Why can't the same be done with JJJ?

fuck you